Why am I getting foze out of tournies, Sng's etc. continuously

Please help!!!
I am a part time player who follows all computer help instructions, I think? The last two days I have had numerous problems trying to play cards. Yesterday I signed up for two sng’s one after the other. The first one came in and I said “cool, gonna play”. Then the next one came up and canceled out the first one. So… I went searching for the first one and they both were gone. By the time I was able to get to both sng’s I was down chips and a little peeeeed off…lol., so I donked it and lost… no excuses. Don’t want my chips back etc etc. Just really need a fix for my old as $#@%$$^%$ computer. Would love to play without freeze after freeze. I am running Windows??? One should not do this sort of thing on a Friday while sipping wine after their first week of the new year teaching K-5 music. XP Pro I think? Thank you one and all for any possible help.

Your browser is more important than your OS, XP while not supported ( by msoft ) should still run most newer browsers. “Just really need a fix for my old as $#@%$$^%$ computer.” so , can you be a bit more specific ?

1. Update Flash
  2. Update Browser
  3. Keep 1 (tab/window) as the main open, but get it to a page that doesn’t update after you get in the game you will play, quickly … say like the “World Tour” page, while TheColleseum does actively update, this one doesn’t its just the overview for the new promo, but any page like this works…
  4. Avoid opening the specific MTT/SnG lobby, unless its during a table break.
  5. … So, minimize main window, only keep the table(s) you’re playing on open/active.

Best I can offer ya.

2 Likes

Hey thanks. My browser is mozilla. I try to update them both on a regular basis. I am kind of confused on where to find a page that doesn’t update. So, by me chasing the sng’s through the lobby I am kind of “pucking” myself? I do minimize the main window while I am playing. Thanks again.

I keep 1 main window, with 1 tab open, but minimized while I play, it is on a “dead page” as I put it before… the table I’m playing on is a new window and its the only active window I have open. I also have no other programs running in the background ( well antivirus ) but nothing else open, you know what I mean…

If I register for 2 SnGs, then I keep the non-running one lobby open ONLY until seated, the other table is open already… but as soon as I register for those and 1 seats me, then I hit “promotions” rather than “lobby” and hit a dead page ( usually the main promo page doesn’t update but right now it does. )

Does that help ?
(edit) if its freez’n on you, try not to play 2 @ once.

1 Like

Thank you for your help. Just played for a while and everything worked nicely. Except for my poker playing. Lost about 80,000. I did leave just the one window open with the main page minimized, but am still confused about the “dead page”. The only other program running in the background while playing is AVG anti virus free. Again, thank you very much for your help.

1 Like

I meant a “dead page” any page that doesn’t update itself.
no problem, glad its better…

1 Like

Excellent advice there Sarah, not everyone is an expert and you described it very well. well done :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you again Sarah. I utilized the “dead page” and was able to play a 15k MTT Sunday evening for a little over 2 and 1/2 hours without any freeze what so ever. I am totally stoked and in your debt. Thank you very much for your help.

1 Like

Players helping players, thats what its all about… who needs staff :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
All kidding aside, I’m happy its helping you… thats what’s important, not who help’d you.

2 Likes