What's your story Almost gaining a seat in the TOC

Here’s the hand that took me out in today’s High Roller.
At first I thought I won the hand until the chips went the other way, lol

2 Likes

That was tough to witness.

The first year I played in the festival…which I think was RPOS VIII, it came down to my last event…the High Roller Main Event. I was heads up with someone who already qualified (but like most years…TOC seats didn’t trickle down to the highest non-qualifier). The money went in on the flop and he barely had me covered. He had bottom two and I had top pair with backdoors + counterfeits. I sadly failed to get there, though.

Next season…RPOS IX, I was heads up with -BlackWidow- in a high roller event, and she had already qualified from a previous event. The money went in pre flop and I had a slim equity lead (and a narrow chip lead) with Ace high but she caught (from her double paint hand) and I couldn’t come back from there.

Finally made it to the TOC last year during RPOS X when I won the stud hi/lo event. (I would have made it any way as I finished 2nd in the next event to someone who already qualified. As a matter of fact, I think Goat was third in that event and thus the 4TH place person won the TOC seat, which was crazy. But I was glad to WIN my seat instead of the hand-me-down.) They allowed for a trickle down effect last year.

5 Likes

Ouch those ones sting, especially that late in a tournament. So far this year the furtherest I gotten is one final table as the second short stack so I haven’t been in position to almost get there. But 2 out of 3 “cashes” isn’t bad so far.

3 Likes

Congrats qualifying again this year, it’s not easy, besides playing well you also need a bit of good fortune, always the case winning a tourney.
Halfway thru, it appears you and JMT are in a tight battle winning the top award at the High Rollers Leaderboard. Good luck with that, see you at the tables.

2 Likes

kinda close, got clobbered this time lol

2nd in #17 today
As close as you can get without making it

2 Likes

it’s not easy winning, good luck making the TOC

I’ll tell you what makes up for not quite making the TOC thus far…winning Saturday Fever for over 29 mil!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well done! I’m jealous. The Saturday Fever is one dangling carrot I have yet to grab. I haven’t played it much but have yet to win it either. I think 3 3rds are my best finishes so far in that event + 1 2nd in the Widow’s Bite.

1 Like

Made 7th this time, sadly towards the end I starting having lagging issues and getting sat out, the usual bs that ruins the game. Here’s the one that took me out today.

1 Like

After freezing for the tenth time in RPOS #30 i finally gave up my quest this year. 7th and an 8th were my best, so at least i didnt get skunked. GL to all that made the TOC,

1 Like