What's the probability of unlocking the "Bad Beat" achievement?

I think that’s only for Omaha, not Texas Hold’em.

1 Like

I think u wrong bud I knew it as fact but b/c everyone “thinks” they know better then a player with decades of experience. Also it doesn’t even apply to Omaha. I Googled it for u :slightly_smiling_face:

Texas Hold’Em Bad Beat Jackpot General Rules

1. The Bad Beat Progressive Jackpot shall apply to the game of Texas Hold’Em only. To
    qualify for the Bad Beat, a hand of Four Jacks or better must lose to a higher ranking
    hand that must either be Four of a Kind or a Straight Flush or Royal Flush.

2. Both the winning and losing players must use both of their hole cards to create the highest
    possible hand. For four of a kind to qualify, the player’s hand must include a pocket pair.

3. A $2.00 maximum amount will be removed from each pot that totals $20.00 or more
    including the rake, $1.00 when the pot reaches $10.00 and an additional $1.00 when the
    pot reaches $20.00. In order for a hand to be eligible for the Bad Beat Payout, the pot
    must be at least $10.00. The hand must go to a showdown (played to the end, where all
    cards have been dealt and players have completed betting and show their cards to
    determine the winner) in order for the jackpot to be awarded.

4. There must be a minimum of 4 players at the table. (No Jackpot rake will be taken with
    fewer players.)

5. All qualifying hands are eligible to share in the Bad Beat Jackpot, even if two or three
    losing hands would qualify. For example, if the final board reads 10h Jh Qh Js Qs and 8h9h for a Queen-high straight flush, Ah-Kh for a Royal Flush, Jc-Jd for four Jacks, and
    Qc-Qd for four Queens were shown down at the end of the hand, all of these hands would
    qualify for and share in the Bad Beat Jackpot.

6. Players must play their hands independently. If any player, whether directly or indirectly
    involved in the hand, passes information or instructs another on how to act or reveals
    their hand to other players, the Jackpot will be disqualified.

7. A player who removes his or her chips from the game prior to a showdown on a hand
    where a jackpot is won forfeits his or her right to any prize money.

8. In the rare occurrence of a Bad Beat Jackpot being hit on more than one game at the same
    time, and surveillance verifies that both hands completed the showdown at the exact same
    time, which is defined as all remaining players placing their cards face up on the table,
    the total jackpot will be divided by the number of Bad Beat winning games and the
    jackpot will be distributed on each game according to the percentages set forth in rule E
    below.

9. Players are eligible to win the posted Jackpot amount. Such amount will be updated once
    every gaming day.

p.s The odds are like winning the Lottery

Best of luck at the tables … The Goat :goat: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh. I don’t know anything about bad beat jackpots. Cheers for the clarification.

2 Likes

Hi @Iuffy,

I checked with our Team and the Bad Beat achievement, is only available in Ring Game Hold’em games.

3 Likes

No wonder I never heard of it. I don’t play Ring Games.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information.

Cheers!

1 Like

Ok, i am awww smart at this, i think lol. I been playing here 17 months now and MANY ring games and i cannot find the bad beat ANY-WERE, only achievement i did not get yet was AAAA (had them in tournaments’ but they do not count lol ). I would love to get a bad beat or 2 ( i have) and get credit for it:).

I don’t have it anywhere either, locked or unlocked. Maybe only some players have it for some reason.

1 Like

As @mazi73 posted, the Bad Beat badge is under the Special section. You probably won’t see it unless you get one.

2 Likes

I have only 2 items under SPECIAL, the bluff and Lone Wolf…Ok, maybe it comes up as u get them, BUT i would like to know what other items HIDDEN under SPECIAL and why hide them lol:)…

1 Like

Hi Everyone!

The Bad Beat achievement is a hidden achievement in Special section. It will only show for players who are able to unlock it. @DogsOfWar explained it well above.

Have a wonderful day and good luck at the tables! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Any other ones under special besides bad beat, the bluff and lone wolf?

1 Like

Note sure, but a page to see all hidden achievements might be nice!

2 Likes

Hi @bill8888,

Yes, there are other ones aside from the achievements you mentioned. Since they are hidden achievements, we don’t have a page that list them all.

Other categories will list all the achievements even if they are still unlocked, they will just be grayed out.

2 Likes

Does anyone remember a post which listed a lot of the Achievements which can be earned? Maybe you could re-post it here?

1 Like

Asked and answered by me! lol!!

2 Likes

Hi Maz
I got the bad beat with exactly same hand, quad’s 8 vs straight flush lol

1 Like

I am trying my best, but cannot get the bad beat achievement:)

1 Like