What was your very 1 ST car you owned? Any related stories?

In 1964 my first car was a 1952 Dodge Coronet fourdoor. My girlfriends dad owned a 1951 Plymouth Cranbrook. The next week he traded for a 1961 Corvair.

3 Likes

my 1st was a 1962 Falcon 2 door ran like a champ…of course gas was only 25 cents too

3 Likes

my first car was a 1956 chev convertible, but my best car was a 1949 Ford 2 door coup, with a v 8 with overdrive. it was so fast after I put 2 4 barrel carbs, on it it went throught the 1/4 mile at 160 /and 9 seconds.flat and no body still can not beat my record. and that was back in 1964

3 Likes

Welcome to the Replay Poker Forum, AWIZARD. Hope to see you here often.

My first vehicle was a Kawasaki KZ-900, which was stupid fast for its day. I did the only logical thing and had some exhaust and carb work done to make it insanely fast. I got it to 150 mph a few times, but it had more left to give.

My first actual car was a Toyota Corolla. Not fast at all, but reliable.

The only real vehicle story I have is about the small Nissan pickup I bought in the mid 1990s. I bought it new, paid cash, and both my wife and I liked it a lot. I had it for like 3 weeks, and it got stolen. The police said there was little chance of recovering it, so I went and bought another, identical one.

A week later, they call and say they found my truck. It seems some kids grabbed it for a joyride, then abandoned it when it ran out of gas.

I decided to keep them both, so for awhile, I had 2 copies of the same truck parked at my house.

7 Likes

How fun! When else would that ever happen? Good story.

1 Like

AWIZARD, here at Replay Poker we do love the bluff! Nevertheless, if you expect anyone to believe you maybe you should tame down the “bluff” just a little.
Indy results 1962 courtesy of November 62 Hot Rod Magazine… AA/Dragster Jack Chrisman driving the M/T special 8.76 171.75
So are we to believe that two years after this world record set in a BLOWN FUEL INJECTED HEMI DRAGSTER running on alcohol, you ran a 9 second 1/4 in a car? Very impressive indeed. Not to me of course, please slide your chips over here.

3 Likes

First was a 73 Firebird 350 4 speed and it would fly

3 Likes

'69 VW Van,wasn’t fast but it had a great stereo cassette deck

2 Likes

1st Car owned was a 1977 Toyota Celica that my parents bought for me in high school;
1st Car bought was 1985 Chrysler New Yorker that I got from a fellow Marine who was having money troubles;
1st NEW car I bought was a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica; Have only bought brand new cars ever since.
There was a special feeling for all 3 firsts.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Forums, skydiver5267. Great post. Hope to see you here again.

1 Like

I think it was a Plymouth Duster? { always wanted a Corvette }

2 Likes

First vehicle was a 68 VW bug… bright red, mini steering wheel, spider exhaust… sounded like a muscle car coming. Then graduated to a 68 red mustang… sweet ride for sure. Met the wife, got married, she talked me into a BLUE 70 Duster… found out she didnt like red…lol

3 Likes

1972 American Motors Javelin. Banana Yellow. Hurst 3 speed shift. Cassette Radio Installed.

Cutest car I have ever owned. Cried when I sold it.

2 Likes

A Trabant. Do I win? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Oh, my, Rob–Plymouth Dusters are a common thread from our youth. Sigh.

You won when you had it, didn’t you? lol

1969 red Triumph Spitfire, with knock-off hubs

2 Likes

A 1960 Vauxhall Victor, with a wrap-around windscreen. UDL986. 3 speed column change. Loved it!

1 Like

my first car (and yes, its true) was a 911 porsche boxter. it was 1999, it was on my 18s birthday. it stood in front of our house (black) with an big red loop on it. it was a roadster with 204 ps. i thought i would get an heartattack, and i think you could hear my screamings in the states, lol. in germany we get out driving lizens with 18, so i just got it. i was soooooooooooooo proud when i drove to school with it next day.
a few weeks later it had a big bump and i cryd all night, lol.
but i never forgot this birthday my whole life.

sorry for my bad english:))

3 Likes