Favorite Thing To Do at Christmas

Hi everyone. Its me again. Everybody has something special or some tradition they like to do around Christmas. I would drive around and look at the pretty lights on the houses in the area. They were all so beautiful and very well decorated. Then the next day, if there was snow, we would take our 2 Siberian Huskies out to do their thing in the snow, like burying themselves in the snow and throwing snow everywhere. They love it and I get a good laugh out their fun times. They are so funny. Those were 2 of my Christmas traditions. I know that everyone has at least one special or have one tradition that they did at Christmas. I can’t wait to hear what they are.

1 Like

My Mom started me, the tradition of riding around the area to see the great Christmas Displays. Wife & I continued that tradition with our children and they did the same to there’s. Now with just us in a different state we still ride and follow the tradition. But we developed another one, for the last 7 years, we take 200 dollars and go buy as many hams we can get, for our local county food bank. I think that brings the most joy to us both as we get older.

Hi Litenin. The tradition of riding around and looking at the lights was very popular as I was growing up. Today, not so much. I am glad to see that some of us still carry on that tradition. When I learned to fly, one Christmas, we decided to fly around and look at the lights and they are so beautiful from the air. You can see the beautiful decorative lights for miles and miles. I use to help the church provide meals for the elderly and shut-ins around our area. I thank you for doing such a wonderful thing by purchasing hams and taking them to local county food banks, I am sure that made a lot of people grateful since most can’t afford that type of food, especially around the holidays. God Bless you and your family for all that you have done to help others in need. Thank you very much for sharing and have a wonderful holiday season.

1 Like

I love the light as well!
You can google the hot spots in your area, so you don’t waste time/gas looking for them.
I really love the ones whereas folks have their lights synchronized to a music channel you can tune into when you arrive.

1 Like