What Type of Collection Do You Have?

We all have collected something throughout our life and most of us still do. Some of us have been collecting these things since we were children. Some things are unusual and some are not. Either way, our collections are precious to us. I personally collect gemstones and have learned a lot about the different stones throughout my years of collecting. The question is, what do you have a collection of?

5 Likes

I don’t smoke but I have a collection of over 500 Zippo Lighters. It started in the Marine Corps when I was assigned to units from all over the world. As a sign of friendship we would trade Zippo lighters with each other. We hardly spoke the language but everyone spoke ZIPPOS :+1:t2:

6 Likes

It may not really qualify as a “collection,” because it only numbers three items - and they are the only ones I ever wanted, so there will be no more - but it’s the closest thing I have that I would call my “collection.”

Two autographed 8x10’s of Johnny Unitas

One autographed 8x10 of Muhammad Ali

7 Likes

I to collect gemstones, I also collect rocks and as you know some of them have gemstones in them,
I have been collecting rocks for about 12 years now, love to go rock hunting.

8 Likes

Over my lifetime, I have collected books. At some points I’ve had to weed them–as I did recently when I brought home things belonging to my mother that I wanted to display on shelves. As I was going through my book collection, it served as a trip down memory lane. At this point I only own the books that really meant a great deal to me when I read them. I have a 55-year curated collection of books (most worth nothing except to me).

7 Likes

I no longer collect, but I had an extensive collection of bad girlfriends.

7 Likes

That’s what makes the collection have value.

4 Likes

:zipper_mouth_face:

When I was a teenager I started collecting coins. I have proof sets issued by the mint from 1955 to 2022, plus many individual Proofs and Uncirculated, and England poof coins including some from Canada. Most people don’t know that Congress mints it’s own coins or has it done. Has United States Congress printed on them. I have 2 half dollars and one dollar coins all three proofs.

4 Likes

I have a thing i dont now why? i always get a animal special cats who no one dont want,have always been so in my life,happy for it!!

6 Likes

That’s a very nice thing to do Kondrad, U r a special person, I’m a animal lover.

3 Likes

I used to think I was a guitar player. After 50 years and more than 30 guitars, I now realize I’m just a collector.
I also have several hundred knives, many collectable, many still in the original boxes and many that have been carried and used.
So, basically Axes and Knives!

-ed  :wink:
8 Likes

They are magic!! thats me!

2 Likes

I know what you mean Kondrad. I use to run a cat rescue and at one point, had 60 cats in my organization up for adoption. I loved them all.

6 Likes

I like to collect bongs and pipes I started doing this about 10 years ago,I have a lot now.I also love to collect .I also collect water hose nozzles and old beer cans and hubcaps off of old cars.

2 Likes

Craig Anthony Thank you for your service sir!

3 Likes

Do you find old hubcaps, or just take them off of old cars? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It was my honor to serve :+1:t2:Thank you for your kind words!!

3 Likes

That is an unusual collection of items. Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

My late husband collected coins. He would spend hours going through coins to find that one coin to add to his collection. He loved it. Thank you for sharing.

4 Likes