What are the statistical odds?

Same tournament, same table, less then 10 minutes apart, lost TWICE to the SAME person ON THE RIVER with AA. What are the statistical odds on this?

Actually not as low as you would imagine. There was another thread created earlier about Pocket Aces and how often they get beat. It’s not at all surprising.

3 Likes

This is a perfect example of why you can’t put all your chips on pocket aces. I usually toss them away.

2 Likes

Gotta remember that a pair of Aces is just a pair. They’re hard to give up, and in your case all in preflop against your Aces, you really can’t give up unless you’re in a tournament and close to the bubble. The second hand his sucking out on you with 44 just sucks bigtime. Pocket 4s beat AA 20% of the time. He got lucky, which happens, because it’s poker.

3 Likes

You have to remember also, players like aces here, so if you have pocket aces the chances are really good that if another player snags an ace in the hole they are not giving it up making your chances even slimmer that you’re going to get a third or 4th one. Toss em.

1 Like

Poker Gods paying you back for playing bingo, only thing i can say lol:).

lmao, i honestly hate pocket A’S. Here and cash games i KNOW i lost more than won with them.

1 Like

45 minutes ago, here, had pocket AA and sure enough 2 people all in ( 2-2 and k-k ) and i lost 2 both of them lmao:).

2 Likes

we just opposites love AA, but hate KK.

How about this one. Omaha High Wire Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo on Feb 24th. In the span of 5 dealt hands I was part of (at two different tables) I saw two Royal Flushes. Unfortunately, neither was in front of me lol.

3 Likes