The WSOP 2018 Main Event Thread

Just got back home from the fireworks show to watch the last hour and 13 minutes of TV coverage tonight.

-Marc

@Marc978 - do you have PokerGo? Was thinking about subscribing to see more coverage but donā€™t know if its worth it or not. Any idea?

Hi @1Warlock,

No I donā€™t have PokerGo. I thought about getting it but right now I just canā€™t afford it as Iā€™m already paying monthly for another streaming service.

I think it costs 10 dollars a month and I think theyā€™re offering a 30 day free trial. Honestly Iā€™d really consider getting it if I could watch full coverage of the Main Event including ESPNā€™s coverage but the way I understand it is you can only watch what they stream and not anything that aired on ESPN. Not worth the money in my opinion if I can only watch certain parts of the Main Event and not all of it.

Iā€™m just happy the final table will air on ESPN in itā€™s entirety.

-Marc

1 Like

According to the WSOP Twitter account 4,091 players have registered for day 1C of the Main Event so far.

-Marc

Just tuning into tonightā€™s coverage of day 1C. Always great to see Daniel Negreanu and Davidi Kitai on the feature table.

-Marc

Interesting night. Not as many fireworks but solid deep-stacked tournament poker. People were mucking AJo like nothing preflop to EP opens and to 3-bets. Saw quite a bit of flatting AK as well. Early stages of tournaments when everyone is this deep you donā€™t see pots getting bloated needlessly. The action will start to heat up on day 2 and then get really frisky on Day 3. Canā€™t wait to see how it progresses this year with an enormous field. Iā€™m keeping an eye out for Patrick Antonius and Vanessa Selbst. Patrick spun his stack up nicely and Vanessa is in fine shape with about 75K last I saw.

1 Like

Live coverage of day Day 2AB of the Main Event about to get started on ESPN .Daniel Negreanu will be in the commentary booth.

-Marc

1 Like

Why would they select a table that they knew was high on the breaking order to be the TV table? Makes for bad TV in my opinion.

-Marc

Phil Laak on a televised table is about as fun as it gets though :slight_smile: Farah Galfond playing strong as well. Donā€™t know much about her but her husband (Phil) has one heck of a game.

Did you see the hand of KK vs JQs where the river brought a set of Kā€™s to the straight? What a tough fold!

Noooo! John Hesp eliminated. Man was he great for the game last year.

1 Like

Yep that KK vs JQ hand was very interesting! Thought he was going to call. Made a great fold.

Sad to see Hesp eliminated. Would have been great to see him make a deep run.

-Marc

1 Like

I think Michael Mizrachi is about the last guy Iā€™d want to see on my table. Heā€™s one of the very few great LAGs in the game. Heā€™s like Chino Rheem but with far better discipline and hand reading abilities.

1 Like

A friend in LV sent me this link. Interesting story, but have no idea how the girl has done/is doing.

2 Likes

Interesting televised tables tonight. Lotā€™s of technically very poor play from the amateurs. Maybe the long hours are getting to them or the stress of being on television? The benefit of seeing a live-stream is that we get to see all the hands and not just the ones selected for television. We get to see the donk-bets on weak top pairs into EP opens, folding top pair with A2 on the flop to a standard c-bet and all the rest. EP opens of small pairs folding to 3-bets ā€¦ In such a huge field, its not always going to be great poker but you can tell that the edge will always be with the pros. In general, they just put their chips to use so much more effectively than most amateurs do.

1 Like

Phil Hellmuth is on the TV table!

-Marc

Will Kassouf is on the secondary TV table.

I would love to see Hellmuth and Kassouf at the same table.

-Marc

2 Likes

Patrick Antonius chipping up nicely - including a big hand with a set of 2ā€™s. Some big names with some big stacks on Day 2. Cliff Josephy has built a monster stack, making another run to go deep here.

LOL - even in the Main Event KK gets cracked by A-rag all too frequently.
And AK catches a K on the river to crack QQ.

Any of this sounding familiar people?

Ooh - Samantha Abernathy and Liv Boeree both have stacks to work with. Would love to see either of those 2 on the feature table at some point. Shaping up to be an interesting run on Day 3. I didnā€™t see if Cate Hall had entered this one or not but a strong field of women this year.

1 Like

I believe Cate Hall entered on the second day of the Main Event but Iā€™m not sure If she is still in it.

-Marc

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many players won their seat to the Main Event through satellites. I donā€™t think theyā€™ve said anything on the broadcast about it.

-Marc

According to the WSOP website 3,264 players are still in the Main Event as of this post.

-Marc