The WSOP 2018 Main Event Thread

Hi everyone!

The 2018 World Series of Poker (WSOP) Main Event is right around the corner! The Main Event begins on July 2nd and runs through July 14th.

ESPN and PokerGo will have live coverage from the Main Event with ESPN’s coverage beginning on July 2nd.

Side events from the WSOP have been streamed on PokerCenteral’s Twitch channel (Mainly just final tables.)

I’ve created this thread to talk about the 2018 Main Event and hope everyone enjoys it! Who are you looking forward to see play in the Main Event? I’m a huge Daniel Negreanu fan and hope he makes a deep run.

-Marc

2 Likes

thanks , I will tune to it

Well, so far it is not very exciting…

Tonight on ESPN2 the 2018 WSOP Main Event begins with coverage starting at 8:00pm until 1:00am (Eastern time)

-Marc

Day 1A of the WSOP Main Event is live on ESPN2 right now!

-Marc

1 Like

Last year’s Main Event Champion Scott Blumstein has BUSTED the Main Event with pocket 10’s against a flush. Called All-In on the river.

-Marc

Actor Ray Romano is playing in the Main Event. Didn’t know he was a Poker player.

-Marc

So far the hands haven’t been going Antonio Esfandiari’s way. He’s been getting dealt some good, playable hands but his opponents have been getting dealt better hands. Antonio is down to about 30k in chips as of this post.

-Marc

Qui Nguyen out too - last 2 champions make early exits

1 Like

Players now on break in the Main Event. Pretty good first session with a few interesting hands. Just wish the card graphics and equity percentages were a little bigger on the broadcast.

Should be an interesting 2nd session.

-Marc

Play has resumed in the Main Event.

-Marc

927 entries In day 1A of the Main Event. Pretty sure that’s up from last year.

-Marc

Antonio Esfandiari doubles up! Two Pair against a Flush Draw he now has about 41k in chips.

-Marc

1 Like

I wonder if they’ve ever thought of using a shot clock in the Main Event. It would help the pace of play for TV and players would get to play more hands.

-Marc

Why does the fire alarm keep going off? That’s the 2nd time it’s happened tonight. Love how everyone just ignores it and keeps playing lol.

-Marc

ESPN coverage warping up shortly for the night. The conclusion of day 1A can be watched on PokerGo.

Quite a few interesting hands tonight. Looking forward to ESPN’s coverage of day 1B tomorrow.

-Marc

Tonight Day 1B of the Main Event is live on ESPN from 7:00pm to 11:00pm Eastern time.

-Marc

So good to watch solid poker being played. Early stages, small pots and feeling each other out. Can’t wait to get back to it and play my next live event. Every time I watch one of these I find myself looking at the calendar to see what could be coming up that I could get into.

Did you see the hand with Gordley and White? Q8 vs QJ - Flop Q8J so top2 pair vs top and bottom pair. Turn a brick and the river an 8 to give 1 the full house. Played nice and smooth all the way by both players. Really good hand to study, noticing how neither went nuts and overvalued their respective hands. Odd river call by the FH but I guess he figured no raise could be called so he check-called and got value that way.

1 Like

I’ll have to go back and watch that hand. Currently at a 4th of July party waiting for a fireworks show to start which is why I haven’t been posting tonight. The hand sounds very interesting. Looking forward to watching it.

-Marc

1 Like

Some really great stuff so far. I won’t post any spoilers so you can see it all fresh. Enjoy the party.

Make sure you look for a hand between Power and Maria Ho - they will break it down on the break with Phil Helmuth so don’t fast-forward over that part.

1 Like