The Spy Who Loved Me

Spy

Playing poker well requires some of the skills used by professional spies. Disinformation campaigns, withholding of key facts, waiting quietly on the sideline until you can spring a trap–all great espionage strategies.

What spy book, movie, or TV show–recent or from long ago–fueled your delight in the spy vs. spy behaviors you enjoy using when you play poker? I was always crazy about “Mission: Impossible.” You?

1 Like

!

I don’t usually get hooked on spy catching spy, but was totally hooked on this whole series, and I cannot think to this day what I found so attractive about Raymond Reddington!

2 Likes

I would say the work I did in the United States Marine Corps as an intelligence expert that held a Top Secret Security Clearance. Now that would make a great book :+1:t2: But of course I can’t talk about but let’s give that book or movie a name. “ The spy who never got a chance to love me”…:joy:. Great topic Jan !

1 Like

I love all things Bond: James Bond, including martinis shaken, not stirred.

2 Likes

The Cardinal of the Kremlin, Rainbow Six, and (my favorite) Without Remorse, all by Tom Clancy. (All easily available and inexpensive if used.) All excellent reads as is anything Clancy wrote himself–the stuff by “other authors” writing in his name/franchise after his death are not as dependable.

1 Like

Any answer other than James Bond is just wrong. You might have heard me say, “It’s all in the wrist,” when I win by getting stupid lucky, but did you realize that it’s a Bond quote?

2 Likes