Tribute Time!

Who is the poker player, of all poker players in the whole wide world, who inspires you? And if there’s no one in the poker world who inspires you, who in the even wider world of your whole life inspires or inspired you–to do or be what?

1 Like

This is actually hard to answer, because it forces me to question the nature of inspiration itself.

I can be inspired by Phil Helmuth for his accomplishments without being inspired by the man himself. I certainly don’t want to mimic his outbursts, but I also realize that these, undesirable as they may be, are a manifestation of the passion that drives him towards greatness.

So I guess I will say that I’m not really inspired by people, per se, but by intrinsic qualities that some people display. I can’t think of anyone who consistently displays all of these qualities in their purest forms, so I am inspired by idealized concepts of passion, courage, compassion, creativity, and integrity.

2 Likes

I thought about this for a while. I don’t know any inspirational poker players. I am in awe of Elon Musk, though. That guy has the hat and the cattle!

3 Likes

How could you not love a guy who names a company, “The Boring Company,” then manufactures and sells 20,000 flamethrowers for the general public, just because flamethrowers are so much fun!

:exploding_head:

1 Like

I will provide my tribute here: I like to watch all the WPT players, and they all inspire me. They’ve got real guts to play in front of the whole world. That is amazing and inspiring.

2 Likes

I would have to say my son is the greatest inspiration for me…he too is a poker player with a lot more guts than I will ever have, however the integrity of a child who showed me how to see the world properly and clearly and who begged me to do everything I could possibly do to help fix the mess this world is in, is a constant inspiration.
Through my unconditional love for him and this bloody Dufus of a Hollywood guy, I have been inspired to be the best I can be - face every fear, every wall, every set back as if I was an elemental force of Nature and push through it. Becoming a writer now who is fearless and fierce is all down to those 2 people. I owe both of them my life - together in their own ways they have made me the person, I am proud to be.

1 Like

Post Script - wondering if the fact my son wants a Father has anything to do with him pushing me. Hmmmm…kids gotta watch them, they are sneaky little buggers

1 Like

Chris Moneymaker :wink:

1 Like