The fairness debate

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Rigged. I really think these tournaments are so rigged ! No matter how many tournaments I play a day I win maybe one or 2 every other month or so but yet you look on the leadership boards the same winners are always winning a tournament every day or every other day. That’s not fair and I am not the only player who sees this. You make rules of couples playing in the same room cause it wasn’t fair to others but yet this is fair for the same ppl to win all the same time. To me this game is rigged and is so unfair to some players ! ! ! Ask around other players will tell you the same ! ! !

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled REPLAY POKER IS RIGGED. i really do believe this site is fixed cuz it will sit me out or time me out when i got winning hand but lets me play and bet when i got losing hand so u tell me wtf the problem is i was playing kickstarter #149108 review it and u tell me if im right or wrong only seems to do it when im doin well

It is what it is. There is much magic on this site. Just accept it for what it is and enjoy the play. If you look at all the ring games playing, you will see one person with a huge amount of chips, all others not so much. I think the games are played for that seat not to who occupies it. Just the way the games are programmed. I have had a huge chip lead in Tourney, 160,000 chips to 2nd place less than 40,000, the program began to fold me until I was below 20,000 chips, Nothing I could do to stop it. I have tried to raise with the nut hand only to have my hand folded. This happens a lot. I decided to accept it and play for enjoyment. I wished the site was more like playing real poker but it is not. More times than not I can tell the turn and river before they are exposed by what is on the board and the big chip guy is betting. Go figure. Sometimes I am the seat that hits everything, lol

Thanks for the feedback guys. I can promise you there are no special seats, every seat has an equal chance of getting deal a good or bad hand. Building a real-time, multiplayer poker site, is no small challenge. I can assure that something as critical as ensuring as dealing the cards would not have such a simple bug that favored one seat at the table over another. Every hand is randomly shuffled and each player has equal chance - confirmed by Gaming Associates who ran the same suite of tests against 100s of million of hands, as they run on regulated real money sites. What they concluded beyond doubt was our system is random and fair.

Russjennings: these issue with folding hands during a tourney (either on a rebalance or during a hand), this is a bug and has nothing to do with favoring players, it appears to happen randomly. It’s difficult to replicate so will take some time to fix.

Our goal is to make ReplayPoker the most realistic poker site possible and we intend to do everything in our power to do just that. If we had to choose just one differentiator between us and every other poker site out there, that’s the one we’d choose.

1 Like

Paul, I can appreciate you trying to justify what goes on here. Bad players make bad plays, however, on this site they continually get rewarded for it. Yesterday 4 straight hands I was involved in, best hand beaten by crap cards hitting on river. You have been rewarding bad players with inside striaghts, flushes, etc. And these are hands that should have been folded pre-flop, 2 6, 3 8 etc, Some with A high set flopping for me and they stay because they know on this site they win with crap. It is frustrating to try to get to a site that reflects live poker and to witness this time and time again, even when I am not in the hand. Either do something about it but at least don’t go on here and pretend it doesn’t happen. Russ Jennings

2 Likes

I am beginning to think that Sharon has hit upon the possible link…ie: buy chips and win, I have looked at the names with the millions of chips behind their names and do not remember ever playing against any of them in tourneys or ring games. Are they the officers of Replaypoker or are they figments of my imagination. If I continue to play this site, changes have to be instituted to make the game more realistic. Straight and flush draws should not hit more times than not. In fact they should not hit more than 12% of the time. On this site, you can sit back and watch, the 4, then the seven, then the five on the river make the straight for the idiot who stayed in against a large pre-flop raise with the 3 6 off suite. It really makes you want to quit this site. Please, with the random talking points, it is not random, It would not happen all the time. I can’t believe it only happens in the games I play either. This could be a nice place to play for recreation, however, it is now a joke!

Russ Jennings

2 Likes

i just played 18 hands at a omaha table without one winner. lost twice with an ace high flush to full houses on the river card. that is some serious crapola.

1 Like

The game on ReplayPoker is realistic, but the play of most players not. Lot of players not understand the game or play for fun, calling with closed eyes, because you can hit with all cards and win with low cards if the flop is bad for the real good hands.

When i play a SnG for real money and we play with the last 5 of 9, sometimes i see no flop 10 or more hands in a row. Often it is keep or taking the blinds. Without calls. Playing with the last 4, i see often no river in 25 - 40 hands.

The play on ReplayPoker is different, most of the hands i see the flop, when players hit the flop they think they win, but turn and river can change everything.

Also the cards are from 2 to Aas, and from all are 4 of it.

Omaha is much different than Holdem, ofcourse players win on the river. Not only you, but all players have 4 cards in their hand. With 4 cards in the hand and 3 cards on table most players (with play chips always a lot players in the hand) have outs. On the turn you have a lot more outs, you can use only 2 hand cards, but on turn you can have a better hand with 2 other cards. And on river there can be a lot of good hands, but the best hand wins. Than 2 pair is most of the time not enough.

You must learn to play Omaha. And realize that there are many good hands with all players in the hand and when you play untill the river. The river is the 5th card on table, the end of the hand, most important card, it can change it all with more players in the hand.

Yes, the players with millions play (or played it here) the game poker. It is not only the cards you get and your hits. A good player tries to read the other players on the table (bit more difficult with play chips), but on the high stake tables the players play poker and not call every hand with all cards. And not play all hands untill the river. They also play their position. It is not always the hand the player really has that wins, sometimes it is with the hand others think you have. And they fold after a big bet. It can be a good bluf and it can be a good hit. A part of poker, you not know the hand of the other player. And they play their stack. With a big stack it is easier to bet and let others fold. Same in tourneys, bad players and the complainers become angry when a player with a big stack bet them out every time. In poker that player is using his big stack very well. Can work out, but not when another player has the best hand. A part of the game.

The players make the game, not the cards only.

Complaining about the cards is too easy. The game is poker. Every hand can win, it is how you play the game and your cards…There are good and bad players. The good players use all the options of the game. In real poker there are good players also, the same good players you see on the final tables often. They have the name of being a good poker player.

And happily there are a lot of players who play for fun and for having a good time on ReplayPoker. It is not for real money on the site, you never have the same playstyle as for real money. That is impossible. You never play the same for play chips as for real money. One of the reason i love ReplayPoker.

1 Like

Welcome to the club!!!

Sorry, but I could not resist. Understand many hands are played in computer generated poker is much faster than hand shuffling, dealing, and miss dealing in a shorter time. It can give you an unrealistic feel to the game. I have been at an RP table with 4 flushes with hearts only I had 72. Things can be worse an ace flush with a paired board leads to a full house or you flop a full house and the the turn trips the board with your big cards and you lose to the big pocket pair or 4 of a kind. Remember you are on line smile and yell politely at he dog.

Here we go again. What are the odds?

http://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/77680076/full-house-jacks-full-of-threes

BSBSBSBSBSBS

You need to play some more hands, that was a paired board on the turn always a FH probability. Sharing cards makes for strange bed follows!

7 8, I would have folded before the flop

http://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/77807458/pair-queens

and again and again and again

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled player beware. this “poker room” is absolutely the worst I have ever played in. Each hand is predetermined so rthat there is a lot of actioon, leading one or two players to stay in a hand against a predetermined winner but lots of action. Take my hundred and some winnings and give them to someone who just doesn’t get it. Count me out. Terrible way to run a game room.