The fairness debate

It’s only “popular” because all the frivolous threads about rigged games get merged into this one.

2 Likes

very well said and great post. it goes to what I said, debate will go on and on till earth is no more.
I have my suspicions on the dealing, but I also respect people who are on other side of this debate.

I don’t doubt what happens on online poker can happen in real poker. I think its frequency of things happening people question.

btw check your friends request.

1 Like

its only popular because online poker sites have been caught rigging/cheating. not saying this site particular, but it has happen.

I dont know any great players or high ranked players on here that care if its rigged or not rigged because either way they know how to win and will continue to win regardless if it is or isnt. They are not pausing in the middle of a hand wondering if its rigged or not before they make their decisions. Its the same accusations that many players make about players with a boat load of chips thinking they must be buying them and cant win that many when most if not all of those players probably havnt.bought and were/are actually good enough to win them. Most often its the players that have to keep buying chips over and over again that think its rigged because the good players find a way to win either way and dont even think about it. However i must say that if players are buying over and over again but are truly playing their A game then i can understand how they would feel as far as the potential rigging. If you are a solid good player than it really shouldnt matter. Just like we will never know if it is rigged or not, you will also never know who bought chips or not and neither of those should affect how you play your game.

5 Likes

You posted stats for your own hands, but this only shows that your own hands are fair, not the game as a whole. This is besides the point, since a rigged game would still give you true random hands but would give exceptional hands and flops to a few specific opponents.

It’s not stats on your hands you need to do, it’s stats on the villains’ hands. More precisely stats on the specific villains you see having uncanny luck.

(this is also the reason why an RNG certificate proves nothing if it was done with new accounts, obviously there would be no rigging there)

1 Like

This begs the question - which specific opponents have the game rigged in their favor?

2 Likes

struggles are real. just frustrated all time. I can handle losing a hand, just can’t handle every time no matter what hand it is and how play it.

I’ve noticed the players are down in Omaha HI/Lo it’s been dwindling away, I have to wonder if its because of the wining of some over others.
I started here in 17 had a few days of playing when I first started of NORMAL hands, What I would expect in a game of Poker, Texas hold em also.
But it’s been almost 2 1/2 years now since I have had a day like those and this site seems to keep my Bank at the Same amount no matter how hard I play,
I cannot for the life of me to get above 2 million chips, it’s been 1.9 for almost a year now or longer, and I’ve gotten close to getting the marker, But every single time I get close to hitting that, I lose to the worst bad beats ever. I am pretty sure it’s the site and not my playing, I’ve change a bit but that was only to try and get over that 2 mill point. I’ll get to 1.999 and then lose it all with hands I would normally win with and see others wining playing the same exact hands. Although I really enjoy playing here and the People are very nice here, It’s Frustrating to see this happen every single time. It just seems unreal to my playing style and those cards that keep me in a game only to get beat on the river with someone who stayed in a hand they had no reason to stay in and Win.
I am going to keep trying for a bit longer, but if it don’t change I will be leaving this site too along with what looks to be a lot of folks I’ve been playing with for years now.
So I am not sure why the numbers are getting smaller by the day, but it may be that.
I know I don’t buy chips but please don’t penalize me for not paying to play.

Best of luck to ya’ll :slight_smile:

1 Like

When the chips are free, some people don’t value them enough to fold when they should. This is what allows for crazy bad beats. In rings, I alter my game to grab those players chips…in tournaments, I tend to be more cautious. You also mentioned Omaha Hi/Lo - I find Hi/Lo rings to be the worst place to try and win chips. Not only do you have split pots or get quartered regularly, but people tend to go all in a lot and that costs you in the rake.

3 Likes

Low-stakes ring game rake is brutal regardless of game type.

1 Like

When I decided I wanted to learn to play poker Replay Poker came highly praised by a few of my friends.It was not the fact that you get free chips every day for logging in it was not because there is free rolls every hour or that as a new player you get to play specifically against other new players.No it was because the 3 friends who told me about replay said it was the fairest site they knew of for players new and old.Firstly let me start by saying I am not complaining or any thing I think I am doing quite well here and i really enjoy playing and learning along with the good humor on the tables and I do not mind being beat in hands which is just as well with what I am about to say
Over the last 72 hours I have played in 23 free roll Mtt’s .During these tourneys I have had the following pocket pairs, Aces 6 times Kings 4 times Queens 3 times Jacks 3 times 10’s twice and 9’s twice that’s a total of 20 good pairs so I am lead to believe from a book I read by Lou Krigger who ever he is.Any ways to my point I am firmly starting to believe that Replay Poker know exactly who is going to win every hand before any cards are dealt the reason being is this how many hands would you expect to win with the amount of pocket pairs I have had? 4 or 6 or possibly 7 I don’t know I am not learned enough yet to understand possibilities or any thing like that. Let me tell you how many hands I have won with these pairs none, 0 nothing not one single hand did I win.The hand that really enforces my belief replay know who is going to win was the last time i had pocket aces this morning.I am in the 100k top 30 chip tourney I have 2820 chips 180 chips less than what I started with.the ante is 60 chips I am placed second to last to make a play,the two cards are dealt at the start of the hand to every player I receive pocket aces. three players prior to me all bet 60 ante so I bet 60 ante the final player to bet goes all in with 3020 chips. Straight away I think to my self they could have pair in which case it would be 50/50 who got the third if indeed any one did or they could have aces which means split pot at worse or they could be suited for a flush if it came off they could just have two high cards or two side by side for possible two pair or straight.By the time the betting reached me I had decided that I was going all in so I did.Imagine my shock and surprise when we both turned over our cards i showed aces he showed 7 2 unsuited. I was rightly or wrongly told that 7 2 is the worse possible hand to be dealt with in poker I do not know why this is as there is still a chance of a straight a long shot I agree but any ways. I knew immediately the flop came down I had lost he had 7s 2c i had ace spades ace hearts the flop appeared Kh 2h 10c the turn came 8d then the river came down 2d i could not believe what had just happened.Am I missing some thing on the tables is there some thing to look out for telling you whats going to happen prior to being dealt who goes all in with 7 2 unsuited pre flop? That’s about the worth of my luck I am afraid that’s probobaly why I have never ever played a card game in my life untill my first game of poker three weeks ago,so you see I am firmly starting to believe that replay is not as fair as it is made out and I firmly believe that replay know exactly who is going to win before every hand starts. Yes I know you have three choices in poker fold, check,raise and like I say I am not really complaining as I believe I am doing quite well as a new player and i get immense pleasure being on the tables I am just pointing out an observation either I am very unlucky or some thing is adrift some where, finally one last point has any one noticed how when the cards hit the table they are either all low all high or all middle of the table there does not seem to be a mix of high low or middle cards thank you all

1 Like

Ha ha my friend I have just been on your profile your doing really well as a new player better than I did you have more tickets than I your almost level with chips your ranking is good your doing just fine dont let it get to you.Read my post about the river read what players have told me they have helped me a hell of a lot you may find answers or help there mate take care don’t get disheartened its only a game good luck on the tables not that you need it

Groan! Tired of all the BS. Dealer shuffles one deck and deals to given number of players at a given table in a given session, not to thousands of players at thousands of tables over thousands of days. Neither the increased pace of online play nor more frequent calls due to free chips justifies such a massive increase in suckout ratio. No, 80% equity doesn’t mean you’ll win 80% of the time even over a large sample, but 20% is BS. RP cold decks players that have not purchased chips in the hopes they’ll go broke and do so. Also handicaps bad players who would otherwise get frustrated and stop playing on their site.

1 Like

Waaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, another weak player blaming everyone else for their weak play… You get free chips EVERY DAY (if you bother to log in). If you can’t make a “game” of it with those chips maybe you should consider checkers. RP has 0 motivation to skew table play while poor players on the other hand have a need to make excuses rather than admit reality.

Just told you what their motivation is genius. You obviously know even less about business than you do about poker. Only bad players defend the suckout support RP gives them. You, oops I mean they, couldn’t win a session with a fair shuffle if Phil Ivey did it for you, oops I mean them.

Genius here and I say again, WAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! According to your business “logic” Replay shouldn’t EVER give away chips to anyone, and yet they do. Face it, you don’t know how to play poker, (knowing the rules doesn’t inherently gift you with superior poker skills), meaning you’ll accept the wins no problem (even if you sucked out), but the losses have to be someone else’s fault, because you are far too good a player to lose. Until you get over that delusion you will never be a successful poker player, no matter where you play.

@zmansuncle, please let’s try to be a bit more civil. While I agree with the sentiment, there are less-abrasive ways of getting your point across.

2 Likes

Feel free to delete them, I am not that attached to them. (Was that “civil” enough?)

1 Like

No you were just unlucky on that hand. AA is favorite to win in a one-on-one matchup something like 87 or 88% of the time, but this was one of the ten percent plus times when it lost.

Tonight I played a hand in which I had 55 as my hole cards and the flop came J 8 5, so I thought I was quids in, except that another player had JJ as his hole cards, so was ahead of me. The turn produced another 5, which was rather galling for my opponent, but these things happen ALL THE TIME. It is just part of the game. In a game yesterday I shoved preflop with KK and was called by 5 2 off suit whose stack was slightly bigger than mine. He made two pairs and knocked me out.

These things happen to me all the time, but have not stoppped me from winning too many MTTs to count and winning over 100 million chips in tournaments in the last 7 months.

You have just started playing a game that takes huge amounts of practice to master. It is like you have had a few golf lessons and you want to play in the Masters, and then you complain that the ball won’t go in the the hole even though you hit it in the right direction.

I had a few minutes to kill today and entered a very low entry ring game. The standard stack was just 25,000 and the play was so poor that in five minutes I had already doubled my stack.

Many player on RP don’t understand the game. They don’t understand pot odds, they don’t understand the odds of improving their hand on the draw, they don’t understand position, they don’t understand how to size bets to get the effect that they want. When they get monster hands they scare off the opposition and hardly win any chips, and when they have lousy hands they will give away half their stack in pursuit of a draw in which several of their outs are not outs, perhaps because they complete a flush or full house for an opponent who has 2 pairs. They shove the flop with top pair and no kicker. They will lose half their stack to a bluff when they are ahead. There is no end to what they will do to lose their chips.

We have no way of knowing whether you are one of those players who has never made any serious effort to learn the game, or someone who understands the basic math and tactics of the game and is determined to improve their knowledge of the game and make steady improvement.

What I can tell you is that I am quite sure that the RP games are not rigged to favor certain players and to disfavor certain other players. What would be the point?

4 Likes
1 Like