Stalling at the tables

This is getting ridiculous. I can play a game of chess faster than some players play a hand. Pay attention, calculate yolur odds on the fly, be ready to call, raise or fold. I don’t want to sit here all day while you talk on the phone or pet your cat. If you want to take all day, play solitaire.
Pretending you’re seriously thinking of calling when you have 3 - 8 off suit is just wasting everyone else’s time.

The clocks are too long, especially 7 card stud, if you get a couple clock runners at the table (and you always do) it can take FOREVER to play one hand.

cry babies!

1 Like

Watch some real poker high-stakes tournaments, players can take an age on deciding whether to call or fold when someone shoves a million chips in the pot. Using time cards and everything. I’m not saying that Replay is full of high-stakes games only, but sometimes one needs some time to decide on what to do. 20 seconds is NOT a long time considering there are 24 hours in a day.

1 Like

Exactly.

Not everyone does that. As we all know from various posts and threads, sometimes the tables/website are laggy to the point of being unplayable.

If a player or players actually do as you say, take a screenshot and make notes on them. Unless they actually show you that they had 3 - 8 off suit, you don’t know for sure what they had or why they had to take the time.

And as far as calculating your odds on the fly, well nobody knows what the board will bring, so that’s pretty useless to think that. And with so many bingo “throw-it all in because they can” players, more often than not you end up with having to either call all-in or fold, so there’s a reason to wait and think about it.

Who are you kidding, we are talking every card, every hand, they are not high rollers, they are old geezers who do it because they can. As for me, I am not a cry baby, they are free chips and quite useless, I have my own ways of dealing with them which quite often makes me chuckle.

You can always find another table, tournament or game that suits your playing style, because certainly not every player on this site takes their time on purpose. And I stand by what I said earlier, 20 seconds is no way too long.

I will say…by running the clock it can through good players off their game… I try not to run the clock… but have been guilty of doing it in the past… like when low on chips and close to the bubble… and only need to move up a player or two to win chips

1 Like

That’s perfectly fine, a lot of us use that strategy. I agree while it brings nothing positive if players do it every single time, but there are situations where the clock is your only friend and you need to use it.

20 seconds, 9 players, last one raises the blind, 8 more to wait on, one raises … could be at over 7 minutes before you see the flop. 20 seconds is WAY TOO LONG. It’s not REAL MONEY!!!

I agree not everyone does that, but it only takes 1 or two old geezers to bring the game to a crawl.

its not real money so play BINGOOOO!

I have heard the argument before. its not real $$$… When I first started playing here… I wanted to have great statics… but by always working on my stats… and making leaderboards… I have been invited to 6 privet invite league’s here on replay… and you can make real friends… and that’s better than $$$

We are not talking about “real money,” we are talking about slow play. If you ran the clock on every card you would not have been invited into any of those leagues.

So,… How much time should be on the timer???

I do know replay staff reads these talks… so go ahead and share your ideas… I know sometimes replay has some lag time as i play in Oregon USA and some players are playing at the same time inn India… I also know in the game lobby… their is info on the game… average pot per hand… and average time per hand… that’s one way to look for faster games

slow play is ok !!! there is a clock not for nothing :wink:

Let me quote from Replay’s own blog.

Online Poker Etiquette: How to Behave and Interact in Virtual Card Rooms

• Avoid Slow Play: While strategic thinking is important, excessive slow play can be frustrating for other players. Be mindful of your pace of play and try to make timely decisions to keep the game flowing smoothly. Taking an unreasonable amount of time for every action can disrupt the rhythm of the game and lead to impatience among other players.
2 Likes