Site freezing regularly

I deleted my cache today before start playing

All frozen up right now. (MTT freerolls and Iā€™m sure others as well).

The moment you get moved from one table to another, you get a message ā€œtable closedā€ and canā€™t get back in. Your name also disappear on the list in the lobby as if you never entered.

Very frustrating.

playing eye of the tiger a few mins ago first players left the table then all but me sat out ,next I got table closed sign then Iā€™m out lost everything

ive bin removed during the tournement on the 8 place finisth 12th

me to while in place 8th finisth 12th

I have noticed several unusual things in the past month (using latest version of Firefox here with Win10). The chat/hand-info does not update correctly and I have to constantly scrollback to see any information or missed chat.

Yes I have experienced the freezing and the being folded-out before I could act situation alsoā€¦

Also, here are 2 screenshots showing other anomalies :-

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I thought I would mention it. I seem to spend most of my time hitting F5 (refresh) to get up-to-date information etc. Not ideal - but it is a temporary workaround which works sometimes.

Sorry to hear there has been a few issues, I am sure Replay will take care of it as they always do.

1st i get bubbled this morning and just now finished 5th in cats eye, then in transactions i see ā€œrefund cats eyeā€, so no points or cash prize?

Please rectify that tournament ??

Again all frozen (Ring)

1 Like

Down to two players and itā€™s freezing. Not sure if we can finish the tournament. Very frustrating.

1 Like

Astral Andromeda ournament ID: #5414193 down to two players. Freezing

1 Like

indeed, insaneā€¦

1 Like

frozen; lost 7.5 k in tournament registration

1 Like

Fizzymint said, ā€œOur systems automatically ā€œretryā€ and that ended up being too aggressive, which overwhelmed the system and required a manual clearing of the queue.ā€

So basically, they are saying that the problem was fixed by them clearing THEIR cache?

LOL, I canā€™t help but find that to be a delicious irony.

I mean, come on, thatā€™s pretty funny. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Frozen again

yup, ā€œ50k ticketā€ too

fixed shortly after i posted, maybe they were pushing another update?

seen little to no lag after

Iā€™ve been through this before with my own websites. My best recommendation is ā€œ Shut it down, hit the reset button, go back live when the problems are fixed. Most players will return, some will hold out but eventually they will make their way back and new players will be none the wiser ā€œ.
Also, locked threads in the forums should be purged from the system. They are locked for a reason and taking up valuable space. It has to be manually done but Iā€™m sure some volunteer can trained to go into the back end and get this done. Letā€™s call it ā€œ clearing the cache ā€œ !!!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s an extreme move to make. I wouldnā€™t do it if it was my site.

I think transparency is a key. People like to know whatā€™s going on, and will be willing to work with them if they understand that they are on this and working to fix it.

To be honest, I donā€™t understand why they lock the announcement threads. A lot of people donā€™t bother to read locked threads, and one would think they would want to hear feedback on what they are doing.

Having the announcement in a locked thread, and the feedback spread across several seemingly unrelated threads is inefficient at best, and makes it look like they donā€™t care what we think at worst.

I do understand the cultural differences between the UK and USA in particular. Americans in general expect and demand a level of customer service thatā€™s way beyond what other cultures will accept. If you donā€™t believe this, go to a London restaurant or shop and you will see for yourself.

Iā€™m not bashing anyone: it is what it is. One thing that Iā€™ve learned in life is to expect less and accept more. Still, if more than half your customers expect a certain level of service, itā€™s in everyoneā€™s best interest to provide it. My businesses aimed to exceed my customerā€™s expectations. The goal was to create delighted customers, not barely satisfied ones.

Iā€™m sure they are working to resolve these issues and things will be back to normal soon. Not being able to enjoy free poker tournaments for a few days or weeks isnā€™t life-threatening, so meh.

4 Likes

I think transparency is a key.

Seconding this. Iā€™m annoyed by the lag but more annoyed by the response. Firstly it took them weeks to even acknowledge something was wrong. Iā€™m not interested in apologies or promises of improvements. This is a free, small site. I donā€™t expect it to be working flawlessly. The intimacy and imperfection is part of the appeal. This is not such a large site that the teams need to be isolated on a mountaintop communicating only through proxies issuing carefully worded statements. I wish we had a developer or other tech who was active in the community who would engage in the discussion and speak plainly with us about whatā€™s happening.

2 Likes