Silent Tables

I’m finding it hard to find a fun table with players that are talking to each other. Currently, I’m just playing ring games at 5/10 stakes, and most of the time it seems super grindy, with not much interaction between players aside the actual game. Any recommendations finding more talkative tables?

try playing on tables with with people from your friend list, i assume they are more fun to play with. if no one is playing then just try start playing a few tables at once and when you know more just stick to the one you like most. you can also try start some
simple conversations yourself to see if anyone reacts to it, maybe something simple like saying hi when you join or saying nh when someone wins a good hand may already help. besides of that, just keep grinding so you have a wider range of tables you can play. the 5/10 tables are super easy, just simple basic strategy is enough to crush the stakes and move up fast. and with a higher rol you can play higher stakes which means more options for you to choose from.

2 Likes

Some people have been chat-banned.
Some are playing multiple tables and don’t have time for chat.
Some won’t chat at tables that contain mods and/or reps as a self-protection tactic.
And I recently heard that the chatbox is a fertile ground for international espionage communication. Who wants to get caught up in that? lol
For whatever reason, its true that we are seeing more and more silent tables.
Additionally, talk on the forums is dominated by the same few people whose specialty seems to be giving poker lessons to people who aren’t seeking poker lessons.
But there are some conversational gems strewn about if you can find them amidst the geriatric wasteland.

1 Like

Try joining a league , you play with the same people every night. I have a League on here called Poker Amusement …we chat a lot and joke around . There are also other Leagues that you can find by clicking on Leagues in the drop down beside your pic. You can send me a friend request if you would like more info or if you would like to join , you can also comment on the forums page under League Discussions .

5 Likes

I think that may have been true when I first became a Mod, but I am so lucky in that now people chat to me all the time since they have got to know me and I am certain the same applies to my fellow Mods and PReps, who are some of the friendliest people I know.

As Forum Mod I can definitely say that the most appreciated posts are the ones which have given constructive advice and many people have given thanks for the help they have received.

Certainly that is where you will find the wittiest one liners!

5 Likes

OP,
yiazmat had some good advice about playing with people on your friends list, but you are new here and don’t have anyone on your friends list.
So here’s how you might move forward.

1. Read up on how the friends list works.
  2. Move around to different tables until you find one where peeps are talking.
  3. Talk with those peeps, click on their names and send them friend requests.
  4. Once you have some friends, if you see their avatar next to a table that means they are playing there.

It won’t take long to amass a decent list of friends, which in your case will all tend to be chatty. If they don’t pan out you can unfriend them later.

P.S.
You might start by sending Litenin a friend request. You can’t go wrong there.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the advice. I’m going to out myself right now, and say that I’m a researcher for an anthropology class studying the virtual space of ReplayPoker. I don’t have anyone on my friends list yet, but I’ll do my best to keep grinding so I can move up the stakes.

1 Like

I’d love to be a part of your league if you’ll have me, that sounds like fun! I’ll definitely be sure to shoot you a friend request when I have some time to play tonight. Thank you so much for the response.

2 Likes

Thanks… sent you s friend request !

It occurs to me you may not know how to get/accept a friend request. If someone invites you, you may not know it unless you click “Friends” in the drop down from your profile. Then, at the top, click “requests.” If anyone has requested to become your friend, you’ll see a box with their player name in it. Click “Accept” or “Decline” as your mood strikes you.
Unfortunately, some people seldom check to see if they’ve been invited, and it takes them months to react (if they ever do).
Also, welcome to Replay. We really are a weird bunch. You’ll have your hands full.

think the people icon should show indication when a friends request been made, just like it does when a friend request been accepted. I’ve also forget to check and days go by andI check and see that I had request and never knew about it.

5 Likes

Geez, that’s a good–and an incredibly basic–idea. Why didn’t I think of that? (Kicks himself.) Fizzymint, are you listening to this (I hope)?

1 Like

I have found that the chattiest tables are the 1/2 Duck Pond and 2/4 Hamburg tables. This is where most players start out and the higher ranked players that play there are there because they want to visit with friends and meet new people while playing. I don’t play those tables much anymore, but when I do it is to visit with friends :slight_smile: You will find groups of friendly players that meet there nearly every day.

2 Likes

Hiya, this is actually a great website. Like life, it takes time to get to know players. My advice is play a number of ring games. Congratulate good hands, don’t be a bingo player, and before you know it you’ll be chatting away with a whole bunch of new friends.