Replay Team Championship - ASK US ANYTHING

I feel bad about initially complaining about the times. I fully admit I didn’t like the times laid out and wondered if different times were possible. I didn’t think and realize how far into the promotion it was when announced. I actually certainly agree with the couple of posts above - that once the time was officially established, it’s not a good idea to change it because players have already accounted for the time in their preparation. Those who don’t like the times have to miss out or suck it up and play at those times. I guess I more meant going forward perhaps a better time could have been picked (for other events)…but yeah, once announced, best to stick with the plan as teams and players have already made important preparation.

1 Like

Perhaps we should consider talking about times and days before the next promotion like this.

Changing it after the announcement was bound to ruffle a few feathers, and you can’t blame people for disliking the changes.

However, I think the change is for the better overall. It will let a lot more people participate, and that’s always a good thing. Too bad that has inconvenienced some people (no sarcasm, I mean it), but I’m not going to say, “I told you so.” Anyway, I support the change and wanted to say thanks!

A person is only as good as their word

1 Like

“Oh pooh. The end of June is right in the middle of our annual family vacation. Can we move the team challenge to September, when school gets back in session? That would work better for me.” Sounds just as reasonable an excuse as anything.
While I agree that the move will allow a broader base to participate, the precedent that the squeaky gear gets the grease is not a pleasant thing to swallow. That should have been considered by the staff when setting up the promotion to begin with. Not to have an ‘oops we hadn’t considered that’ moment weeks later after hearing from a few disgruntled players. Saturdays are easier to fit into my schedule too, but that is far from the point. The role out of the promotion clearly stated that all tournaments would be played on a certain day and certain time. Having an ah ha moment over a week later should not lead to the appearance of bias toward or against anyone. THAT is what is at issue here SPG, not on which day that this or any other promotion is conducted. It is not an issue of inconvenience. Integrity and honor take time to be established. Moves like this serve to undermine those characteristics for all involved in the decision.
And even you, SPG, posted just one day earlier “But the existing teams were put together with people who will be available at the listed time. Changing it now would just create way more problems than it’s worth. You aren’t really thinking of changing it now, are you?” That’s a pretty quick change of heart there, sir.

1 Like

I didn’t have a change of heart at all. It was obvious (to me) that changing the day or time would upset and inconvenience some people, and I said as much.

On the other hand, it does allow a lot more people to play.

I wouldn’t have made the change if I was in charge. I’m not in charge though.

Honestly, it doesn’t matter to me one way or the other, This day, that day, this time, that time… shrug.

I suspect it made more people happy than it upset, so overall, it’s probably for the best. Maybe that is a slight change of heart. I sometimes think about something more and change my mind. If I was wrong about the “…would cause more problems than it’s worth” then I was wrong. Maybe I’m wrong about being wrong, and I’m OK with that too. I have never claimed to be perfect, why start now?

Here’s something to consider…

I think I was the only one who suggested that changing the day now would be a bad idea. Several people have said it was a bad decision, but only after the fact. Where were these voices before the decision was made, back when it might have accomplished something?

SPG From the information that was posted, Only the time was addressed in post not the day. So I for one never saw a reason for refuting day. If Saturday was addressed by staff, I would have added my opinion of at least 4pm EST, But as It reads, Tuesday’s time was in suspect & I’m always off on Tues.

Less than 48 hours after the official rules were announced, with about a month to go… a few ppl voiced thier opinions publically and I bet many more did privately, we said something as soon as we could. It could have been chg’d differently to still be fair to all and not ruffle anyone’s feathers… staff chose to chg it in a different way. I think we all kinda lose, cause now we have to burn 1/2 the summer’s saturdays right when the weather is finally getting warmer and ppl have cabin fever.

I’m glad they chg’d it, as SPG said … many more ppl now can compete. Furthermore Golden Donkey did say it they wanted more feedback before proceeding… so to speak, so before everyone lock’d in teams for Tuesdays, they shudda waited till either no change was made or they knew the new chgs 1st.

I don’t expect Replay to “focus group” every promotion or change they make, but running a contest once a year for kewl promo’s is a great Idea, Why can’t that happen ??? not only does it give them many new ideas to try, but it also would contain examples of structures that might be unfair to any 1 group of players thus Replay could avoid those types of situations…

Replay has (4) regionals where only (3) used to exsist ( alot more fair to all…) The Gemstone Leagues core LBs are 1st 7 and best 7 , again balancing out casual players and maniac players… I know the Gemstones morphed into what they are now. I don’t understand why a change made in the interests of fairness ( before the event starts ) is meeting such harsh words…

RTC doesn’t start for another 3 weeks, I’d say staff did a awesome job clearing this up in a speedy manner, they only announced it like a week ago ( rules/setup ).

As one of the players who complained about the time/day, I feel I have to weigh in here. I’m grateful to be able to participate in this big promo. When I read that the prelims would take place at Noon PST on Tuesdays, I was dejected. I can skip a few hours from work for a promo, but take the whole day off four weeks in a row? I understand and empathize with players who made plans based on the initial info release. When I posted my misgivings about the time/day, I really didn’t have much hope that anything would actually change. So I’m torn between feeling pleased at being able to participate and … I don’t know, guilty that people are upset. I still can’t help but feel that the weekend makes more sense, that it allows more players to take part, accommodates more regions.

I guess I’m not really contributing anything here. Just felt I should write something.

1 Like

I want to make this Crystal Clear my objection to this change is based clearly on the precedent that is being made here … If the goal was to have max participation that should have been takin into account when the contest was being set up … crunching the numbers not b/c some people may or may not like the time after the fact … and who is to say Sat is really better it is SUMMER TIME … But for me my total objection in this matter is the CLEAR BIAS that is being shown by stating that this change was made b/c of “FEEDBACK” after the fact Not the numbers that may show when most people play on this site … b/c if that was the case I dought that Sat 3pm est would be the ideal time for the MAJORITY of players … stateing that point the reason of this change is flawed from the get go … the “FEEDBACK” that was taken into account seems to only from one side of the question at hand did the fact that many and I bet the MAJORITY of players were fine with the time that had been set ? No because their voice was not accounted for … I would like to know the #s on this “FEEDBACK” 10 or 20 out of THOUSANDS 50 even … I personally think not it was a select few as I see on this thread set up for that reason !! Just THINK about what this decision shows … personally I will be playing on Sat if “the real right thing” is not done in this matter and return to the day and times that were there at the start so you know that is not my point here … This really is not that hard to figure out … the hard thing is the other blow back from the loud voices that we appeased by saying NO sorry we made this mistake but in the eyes of TRUE FAIRNESS WE MUST RETURN TO OUR ORIGIONAL DATES AND TIMES THAT WERE ANNOUNCED … Simple as that … I am 100% correct on this matter and you know it … rules are rules and once they are set for a game they can not be changed b/c of “feedback” … Let me give you an example say the Championship football game has been announced to be played on Tues at 3pm but the star player can’t play at that time … will they change the day and time to appease this player b/c of “feedback” … I think not !! I am very disappointed that something like this would occur … “FEEDBACK” being used on a site based on math really has me shaking my head … For the Integrety of this site this decision must be Reversed … Sorry but it is what it is … And please don’t blow smoke and say it can’t be changed back b/c that right there will prove my point !! The mistake here was not setting the time and date for Tues 3pm est … The Mistake is changing it after the fact … Again Thank you for your time in this matter … Take Care

1 Like

My apologizes SPG if I misinterpreted your comment. Yes, you were the only one to voice that changing the day would “create way more problems than it’s worth.”
And you are likely also correct with your analysis that it probably made more people happy than it upset. A global-reach interactive site such as Replay should try to accommodate as broad a base as it can. I have no problem with that. However, those considerations should be made prior to release of the promotion and the official rules associated with it.

Perhaps those (myself included) assumed that the rules were the rules and were willing to adjust to them if we wanted to participate, not even considering that the powers that be would rationalize changing them. That is my point. I’m sure that you will admit that feedback for virtually anything overwhelmingly comes from those who disagree rather than those who agree or accept. It gives the appearance of caving to the voices of the displeased, whether or not that is the case. I believe that honor and integrity are important characteristics. This change, at least on the surface, serves to tear down that trust factor.

I have stated my opinion, and it is just that - my opinion. As a relative newcomer to Replay, I am pretty sure it will fall on deaf ears as compared to those who have been around for several years.

The roll out of the RTC was on May 18th. The first ‘complaint’ that I can find about the time and/or date was on the 22nd and those overwhelming addressed the start time. GoldenDonkey asked for feedback regarding the start time on the 23rd. According to my math, that is slightly over 48 hours from the release date.

I think you are missing my point. Having a promotion of this nature appeal to the largest percent of the sites population is naturally the goal, and I am 100% good with that. My issue is with changing the official rules 1 1/2 weeks after they were announced while players were trying to determine if they could participate in such a sizeable promotion based on those established parameters. I would speculate that the vast majority of Replay players have never posted on any of the forums, and likely haven’t even read any of them. Does this make their ‘voices’ irrelevant? Just because a half dozen or so bloggers made their displeasure known, how many others did not post because they accepted the rules as being final? The change being made due to ‘feedback’ simply does not add up.

You are comparing apples to oranges with the regional and gemstone leader boards in relation to the Replay Team Challenge. Those are recurring events and would naturally need to change as the site and its population evolve. The RTC, on the other hand, is a solitary event not unlike the Replay Winter Games or any of a number of other promotions. If it turns into an annual event, then absolutely let the rules evolve to suit the greatest number of participants. To change such a significant parameter after the rules release does not give the appearance of being “in the interests of fairness”. It gives the appearance of extreme bias and favoritism toward a select few.

I do not, and will not to get into an argument over the change. What’s done is done. I have presented my displeasure and my reasoning for that displeasure. Sure a larger percentage of the site can participate in one promotion. Is that one solitary decision worth the precedent that it establishes? My opinion is no. It’s not up for debate. It is my opinion. I am not asking for affirmation. I am just voicing my opinion.

2 Likes

I am trying to register under our team -

Two Roses and One Lucky Guy
Captain - mystrygirl - A
Barterminea - B
Thumbs - C

Team championships %28870 x 160%29 2x
RTC - How To Participate

The Replay Team Championships are edging closer, the start line is in view, but how do you get involved?

Below are all the details you need to officially register or join a team

This promotion is free to enter.
Form a team with two other players.
Assign each player a unique letter from A/B/C.
Player A is the captain of the team.
The captain of the team is to email: teamchampionship@replaypoker.com with their team name & team member details (usernames and corresponding letter A, B or C).
Each team member is also required to email in confirming that they wish to play on your team. They must confirm the team name, who is the captain of the team and which letter they have been assigned.
We will confirm receipt with an email and we will manually register everyone to each event.
The cutoff for team registration is 00:00 ET on Friday June 21st, 2019. No registration will be accepted after this deadline.

I need time off to think things over.

CatchDriver,

It litterally took 2-3 days after any official announcement was made. There is no 1 1/2 weeks… 2-3 days after rules were announced, Golden ask’d for more feedback… Right there at that point, we all shudda said… ok, we got a month, lets see what happens before set up teams because – the rules are in flux --… My orig Team… fell apart… because 2 players waited to see what happened, and 1 took another offer… Hey thats ok too… but to say everyone was making plans for 1 1/2 weeks is bogus, as soon as Golden said, whoaaa wait a sec Everyone shudda just taken a few breaths …breathe !!! … and waited for an official release…

Replay was all over this like white on rice, then came to a quick decision… I remember another promotion that Replay changed the rules to, during the promotion… Ohh comon we still got 3 weeks… I aplaud Replay for basically saying… " yeah , ooops we forgot about that, ok all fix’d " BEFORE it starts. Its almost good thinking on Replay’s part to announce such a promo over 30 days ahead… Did you ever think , they might do that …so if there are any problems, they are address’d BEFORE it starts…

Originally I just said, no biggie… I’ll wait for the american RTCs… so this ends here/now CatchDriver… I hear your opinion, while I disagree, its valid and makes sense. You’ll find that most promotions here do get re-used… alot… they also evolve…

Just to clarify, the grand announcements for RTC were officially made on May 21st. GoldenDonkey’s announcement of the change was made May 29th. Now according to my calendar, that is 8 days or just over one week after the presentation of the original rules to announce a change to those rules. So I apologize for exaggerating the timing of the events.

Some food for thought…
How is it in the interest of fairness for those players who were excited about the promotion to visit the official rules page on say the 21st, 22nd, or 23rd only to see that the tourney would be played on Tuesdays at 2pm and determine that they would not be able to participate is the event because of this? Unless they frequent these blogs, which the vast majority of players do not, they would have no reason to go back and re-read the promotion unless specifically told by another. So they could now play because of the change, but are unaware that any modification had taken place. Do you see my point here? Fairness is in the eye of the beholder.

Again, I promise that I am not trying to be argumentative here. You have your opinion just as I have mine. Although we are at opposite ends of this issue, I suspect we both want what is best in the long run. And I fully agree with you that most promotions are recycled and must evolve to suit the current member base.

The change has been made, so everyone should just move forward and take what you want from the decision. Play, don’t play, applaud the change, abhor the change, leave the site, or whatever you are led to do. Each and every person on this site can make up their own mind about this, but bottom line is let’s try to be a functional community. I am not trying to sow discord. I serve to point out how some perceive this issue. There will always be other promotions just as there will always be other poker sites. Some better than others, some geared toward a certain group, some limited in their scope. It’s all a matter of personal opinion. That is all I am presenting here. My opinion.
I yield the remainder of my time.

1 Like

I think a fair thing to do to show non bias, and earn back any lost trust for site or staff, knowing that there is going to be upset people on this either way, Would be to take a poll form members. I know I have taken a poll here before, So it can be done. And staff can give out options (knowing what times & days they want to avoid) with a multiple choice options of days and times.

something like this hooked to a regular pop up like chip sales or special announcements:

Please pick the time and day that you would prefer for our 3 player, team tournament:

□ Tuesday 3pm ET
□ Saturday 3pm ET
if more days or times can fit staff’s timelines then insert all that can apply - like this
□ Tuesday 4pm ET
□ Saturday 4pm ET
□ Tuesday 5pm ET
□ Saturday 5pm ET
Etcetera Etcetera Etcetera

If results are posted, This should hush up both sides, also proving un-biasness. And by listening to the players should resolve most issues of doubts in integrity and honor !
And to use the words of a regular poster " we still got 3 weeks"
If you agree with this post maybe click the heart button!

1 Like

I prefer Tuesdays……………but Saturdays can be posted…hopefully……

2 Likes

I would like to play, but early 3:00 pm. count me out.
…………BLUEDIME

1 Like

Saturdays in the summer people go away , do outdoor activities … just something to consider… what if they had 2 choices a week say Sat and Tues but you were only allowed to register for one.

1 Like