Replay Team Championship 2021 - ASK US ANYTHING

Thank you GD. No worries, looking forward to seeing my team posted. Had a great time and look forward to this coming Saturday. Great event. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Hi Guys,

Our wonderful Tech Team have updated the leaderboards, you can view them here:

https://www.replaypoker.com/promotions/rtc-2021-overall-qualifying-lb

https://www.replaypoker.com/promotions/rtc-2021-week-1-scoring-lb

Everything is correct now and will be moving forwards,

Thanks,

GD

4 Likes

Outstanding :+1:t2: Thank you!

1 Like

I have a question that I have not been able to find the answer to. Do the leaderboards zero out at the end of each stage, or do the point totals carry over? I seem to think that the boards start from zero on the stage changes, but just do not know for sure.

As always, thanks for the great job that you guys do.

1 Like

The leaderboards are only for the qualifying phase. After that, there’s no need to keep leaderboards since it’s a single elimination format. 24 make it to the quarters,12 to the semis, 6 to the finals.

4 Likes

Thanks, that was my thinking but confirmation is welcomed.

3 Likes

Well, remember that everything I say is unofficial, but staff doesn’t work weekends. Anyway, that’s how they have done it in past years.

3 Likes

Hey,

Good question.

The leaderboards for the qualifying stage do not affect any of the knockout stages, except in the case of a tie in points, we will then use the overall qualifying score (including the score modifier) as the tiebreaker.

I hope provides the clarity you seek, good luck at the tables.

GD

2 Likes

What happened to the semis?

Will there be a do over next week?

2 Likes

Hey,

We have not launched a full investigation, but it initially looks like a site wide outage and we are sorry for this.

I don’t know the cause, but we will have an internal discussion. I don’t think it’s fair to use these results, so we will likely reverse everything about this tournament (including payouts) and re-run it next week.

I’ll update everyone in the coming days, sorry for any inconvenience caused.

GD

3 Likes

How would competitors feel about doing the semi-final and grand final back to back next week? The events shouldn’t take too long to do. Just a suggestion, no concrete plans.

GD

3 Likes

Thank you, Golden Donkey. Best wishes for a resolution, and good luck to the techies charged with forensics around this event. We will survive and will will rise again!

2 Likes

I am fine with back to back with a 30 min break between semi and final if that works for all ?

4 Likes

I guess that might work, but have at least a half hour break between sessions

2 Likes

Two games with 30 min break could take up to 4 hours.
Why not play the grand final 12-handed?

3 Likes

for me back to back or we play semi next week and final week after - but i need to know Monday as I need to change a flight

1 Like

Don’t worry Tiggy, I’ll play your hand for you

1 Like

sounds ok to me with either back to back or the 12 seat grand final

1 Like

I really like the idea of just running a single tourney as the final.

That would seem to be the least disruptive option, and the prizes have already been worked out and announced. Just my totally unsolicited 2 centavos.

2 Likes

Sorry I am not into back to back or 12 seat grand final … the tourney was set up to be played as a elimination and it should stay that way … just postpone a week for each … changing the rules in the middle never sits with me b/c i have seen it before on this site where the loudest one in the room gets things changed … Please see the stupid scoring system being used … No other tourney leaderboards are done this way … but b/c a player 2 years ago thought it would make it better for their team it was changed for the next year as was the day and time prior to that after it was announced … I still have a bad taste in my mouth about that

Best of Luck … See u next week … The Goat :slight_smile: