Replay Ranks

I agree but it works for players who like to compare there skill to players who play that same Leader Board… it’s far from a perfect system but it can be used as a guideline to improve your game and rank.

1 Like

The Gem League leaderboards are weekly, and have a “First 7” which only counts, well, your first 7 qualifying tournaments.

actually flashlight i did that back wards, high is 60 games, medium 90, and low 120 so if u play 2 high games a day then u would hit your 60. if u want to win the leader board u will have to play at least your 60 cause many others are too and u wont have enough points but it is possible to not play your last few games if u are high up in 1st place and no one can catch u in 60 games, but it doesnt mean u have to play more to win 1st, if u have a high average points per game then u are better off not playing more than 60 because ur chances of going down in average and points is greater than going up and someone playing more than 60 and they win a lot could come and pass u.it really is the only way of showing your skill over many games for a month because of how they calculate your points per game for the leader board, it can actually be the opposite of the MTT board after u reach the monthly games, because the more u play after ur 60 for example the more chance u will go down and not up like playing more in MTT, so it can actually decrease your chances of winning 1st on board if u play more or too many games. hope this helps

well if they are left out and need or have to or want to have accurate skill levels shown than they can go play the sitngos for 60,90,or 120 games because if a leader board u want wont come to u then u need to go to the leader board, or dont complain about it because at this time Replay doesnt have another way set up yet to show accurate skill levels, this is the closest we will get for now, so in the mean time until they get it set up they can play sitngos if they need that showing of their skill or play other games without accurate ways to show skill for those that dont care. And u can still place on the leader boards if u dont play your full amount of games, and u can play more than ur full amount so its not just set at those exact amount of games, it shows ur average points per game no matter how many games u play, which shows your skill level too compared to other players averages regardless of how many u play. If u play softball then your leader board is gonna be a different leader board than baseball but they are similar sports. How do u show true total skill for an all around athlete that plays most sports? u cant, there has to be a leader board for every different sport and most athletes concentrate on the sport that they play the best and they play that the most. its similar to here. some players only play a certain game here and most all dont play every stake every game, most holdem players dont play royal, some play omaha and holdem,some play rings and MTT, some play sitngos and MTT, some play sitngos and rings, and so many more combinations of games and too many players play too many different combinations of games to show how all players skill level is, so thats why they have boards for different games for anyoone that plays those games Back to the all around athlete scenario compared to someone who plays 1 sport , 2 sports, 3 or more sports, how do u give or show skill level for the all around athlete that plays many sports. its the same here. im tired now after writing this book, so i hope this helps somewhat.

Could you please stop explaining to everyone? You have explained it a thousand times so far, each time longer than the previous. We all understand how leader boards work.
All we are saying is that how you place on a board shows only a comparison between you and those on that board.
I don’t see gamergirl on any board. Does that mean you’re more skilled than she is?
We don’t know, do we? Because you only compare to those who place on the same board.
Now please no more lectures on the difference between leaderboards. We all get it.

Actually u should be happy im taking the time to explain things on your forum, many people have not seen past explanations and just seeing this for the 1st time, maybe u saw some ( not all ) things i said but MOST people are seeing it for the 1st time so if u care about any other players on Replay that havnt seen anything related to this in past posts than u should want them to see it now or they will feel LEFT OUT like u say players are from no leader boards. I think i gave a totally different explanation than any in the past, and no u were incorrect on how sitngo leader boards work based on much of what u said, so u need to go back too and read the details that u dont know about on those boards, or dont, i dont care, but others might and stop baiting so many people into arguments that are trying to help out. PLEASE

Thanks @floridajetski, I was just really using my own example as a way of illustrating the idiosyncrasies of the ranking system. Personally I’d like to see a more equitable overall ranking system but I accept the problems of creating such a beast.

May I just say at this point how much I enjoyed your posts, Gamergirl? As much as I enjoyed Ilovecat’s thread “I’m the best player”.
You are not only very skilled poker players, but also wonderful “agents provocateurs”.
It is very entertaining to me to see how many resented being called “fish”. LOL
By the way, I can live with that label very well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Actually she’s on several leader boards right now - Best Player this week and Best Player this Month - she has won 1,229,868,124 chips this month alone ! Hope she gets bored or none of us will have any chips left, lol

2 Likes

Absolutely! Sorry, I meant the SnG and the MTT monthly boards.

1 Like

Oooh a challenge to put up or shut up!

Getting my popcorn :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Poker was originally designed as a money game and the winner was the big pot for that night and still is in money games but free chips and tourneys and especially sitngo where you can shuffle chips is not going to give you any real idea of a persons rank based on stack.

I have top players come down and play on my table occasionally and have given a few a lesson and I am NOT a top player but as gamergirl said if you played and did well on pokerstars you would see the difference in level of play.

A point score system is better for ranking tourney play and stacks for ring games IMO but I am not complaining and I like Replay’s format.

Come play me sometime and that is how we will know :grin:

Exactly right!

Nothing has anything to do with an overall ranking of someones skill unless u specify which game to judge skill levels, period. It is impossible to do that because there are no players that play all the different games and if any do they dont play enough of 1 or all to base it on. An all around athlete that plays many different types of sports cant have an accurate overall ranking of skill, you only can judge skill level on a specific sports and games of that sport, period. Thats why replay has a leader board for most of different games and chip/stack.bankroll for rings that determine rank, because it is impossible to accurately do it for all combined, especially when most all dont play all the games, so it has to be specific to a certain game. I think Replays system is pretty good right now except the best of on MTT should be tailored to that of sitngoes because Best of favors the players that play the most so thats not accurate. And BigDog as far as u always mentioning sitngoes are just chips being shuffled. If u know all the games then u would know that every table of every game u are sitting on is just chips being shuffled to other players. Its called winning someones chips or losing your chips to someone, no matter which game or which table u are on including a combination of tables during a tourney, chips are being shuffled player to player to player and table to table. The only thing being shuffled on the tables are the cards. Shuffling chips wont give u an idea of rank based on stack? It sure will when u leave your ring table or place in a tourney or sitngo, the stack u won goes back in your bank after the game and ups your rank and if you lose chips in rings or pay a buy in to a tourney and lose it then your rank decreases. So u must be seeing it differently than most others.

See I show you the proof! It was long time ago but I check it and it take me <2 wk! I buy no chip I win it all from fish! Hand number is there you can watch it many hands by click “previous” and see how to win! Easiest is low middle and high stake! I spend only couple day to pass all those stake! Those player need to refresh on the rule! Flush is greater than top pair! On elite stake player is still bad but cannot win their chip as fast! But you can win more chip at elite stake, but smaller % to total. How we transfer your chip to me? @Alan25main can you help us?
I teach you how to win it. Play 2-4 table on 1 or 2 player and take their chip fast! Then move up stake when you can afford 4 buyin! Mtt is worse player but it take too long!

All ranking except cash game is fake ranking! Other ranking have no good player! No good player play replay mtt/sng for the player are so bad and the game tooo slow! All good cash player could win tournament easy with study but replay mtt is waste of time! Best mtt/sng players is best of worst fish haha!

All player under 10 mills who play more than couple day is fish cause thats all it take! Low and medium stake is all player who don’t know what flush is!

All player who make up new ranking must be bad player cause they cannot win chip! They think they good but the result cannot show it! Hence they make new ranking to settle difference in result and they think! I can make there account 200 mills chip faster than they make up new ranking! If they good, they could do same but they cannot cause I am the best!

I can tell a fish by only seeing 5 hand of them! I know how to beat them after it! I will help any who needs to beat fish! Ask me anyone who is fish I will say how to beat them if I know it!

5 Likes

Agree completely and thank you gamergirl!

I believe that is the heart of the matter…

Looks like gamergirl just won a 70million bet…

3 Likes

I agree too county29 and gamrgirl, there are so many players fishing for a new ranking system and they say leader boards dont work either, mainly because these players dont have the rank they want and cant dominate the leader boards or even place well like they want so they feel left out in a sense. I understand their frustration to want to add/or change it so it shows what their strengths or weaknesses are but we all have the same opportunities to climb the ladder in stake levels and rank. If these things dont matter to u then just play low stakes for fun and stay at those tables and who cares about rank but most others are here for the competition and to win chips playing good poker and chatting with friends and socializing is a bonus that goes with it if u choose. I would think everyone would not complain if they made it to the top 100 and top 10 list there after. This should be a goal for most everyone if they really care about their rank and skill… Just get there and then u wont complain about the current system and wont care about anyone elses rank either because u just proved to yourself your skill level by doing that and getting there.

I believe she was referring to people using their sitngo rank as some indicator of over all rank.

I don’t care what your rank or stack is and I am always looking for a challenge to improve my game and the great thing about being a low or medium ranked player and beating a top rank player is…

You get bragging rights lol!