Unranked players

Curious why now and then I’ll see a player without a ranking. Are these players bots/

1 Like

could be they just joined or have just returned from a long absence.

I think most of the time it’s because they’re brand new players. However, just yesterday it showed me without a ranking, so maybe there’s an occasional glitch in the system.

2 Likes

I was told last month that when they are updating it might take a bit. Happened to me.

4 Likes

Nope, many new players have no rank and on occasional ill have no rank ( i think system update i guess ).

Don’t understand why people worry about someones rank…it means absolutely nothing, It can be bought lol

4 Likes

True words. A players worth is settled on the felt.

2 Likes

It is only a number and 2 me, honestly means NOTHING…

1 Like

i vote for NO RANK SHOWING TO GENERAL PUBLIC…it serves no purpose in my opinion

Thanks for the replies. Also curious if there are any bots at the tables? If anybody knows.
I agree that the rankings are mostly meaningless. They do tell you a bit if someone is ranked 300 grand at a million chip buy-in tourney, they’re likely playing a bit out of their league.

Or they spent $10. To fulfill their hopes and dreams.

I’d much rather see a players win % instead of their rank.

2 Likes

When I joined the site, lowering my rank was my goal, I never realised it was just based on how many chips you had. After 3 months play I decided to donate some money to the site(which I have also done for other sites I like) and bought some chips although did not need them by that time, I was actually disappointed when my rank plummeted after the purchase. I would have just bought chips for someone else if I had known.

3 Likes

Hands played and win percentage

1 Like

I really don’t care one hoot what anyones %,rank or anything else…its a fake money site people lighten up lol.

1 Like

Neither do I but if Replay is going to do it right then do it right or don’t do it at all!

1 Like

the only fair way to place a player at any level is to caculate the number of hands played, the number of hands won, the number of hands lost. the ring rankings nd the mtt ranking should not together they should each have their own seporate ranking… to make it even more simple to judge your opp along with the ranking give each player one star for each year they hae been playing on site. this is a fair and honest way to raise or lower your ranking based totaly on your skills at the table as well would it give your opp the info they were looking for when they viewed your ranking, the amount of chips a player has should have nothing to do with it. why would you let a person join today buy 10 million in chips and plce them in the high stakes games the first day of his or hers play that is doing an injustice to both the new player and the seasoned veterans as well

It’s play money folks haha

4 Likes

It maybe an injustice but I would be more than happy to play against somebody who had just bought 10 million chips and entered a 50K/100K game. Bring them on!

4 Likes

Yea its frequently :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: and not working! Every second day or so ALL ranks are blank. PLEASE fix it RP!

1 Like