Provide a text based summary in the hand replay

There are several issues with the hand replay viewer. I think they’ve been discussed in other threads and I guess the staff hasn’t deemed it a priority, possibly because it would take a lot of work.

Often I want to review a hand and don’t want to sit through the entire real time replay. Without the ability to fast forward or skip it’s very tedious.

As an alternative proposal for a simpler solution I would suggest making a text based summary of the hand action available on the hand replay page. This would allow someone to quickly review the hand and should be easy to implement.

7 Likes

I like this idea, though having a “skip to end” and/or “click through player actions” addition to the playback feature would also be nice.

I’m asking for audio playback for Christmas :+1:t2:

1 Like

how long does it take to review a hand and how many times do you do it ? my view there are other priority issue that would take place - ok time is important to all but…

1 Like

I’ve been on this site for about 5, close to 6 years and have only replayed hands I was in about a dozen times. Once I make a decision and pull the trigger it’s over for me and I don’t look back but one thing I really really enjoy is watching the bad beats and the players reaction to what they call the “ fixed river conspiracy theory “ against them :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I don’t make use of the replay function much in part because it is slow, and in part because open tables lock up whenever I do it. A text based replay would solve both, I suspect, and could be similar to what you already get in the dealer window, but would include bet amounts and pot sizes.

1 Like

Hiya prob best contact replay to see if they can help with any tech issues as it should not lock up what you do - never had the same

1 Like

I view hand replays a lot to see what the mucked hands of opponents were but it takes an age because you have to watch the whole hand every time.

Can you put some playback controls on the replays, so you can fast-forward the hand or skip sections?

Pretty standard on normal poker sites.

2 Likes

Hi @ThomasPowell,

This has been brought up before, and I will pass on your feedback to the rest of the Team to let them know more players are asking for this feature.

2 Likes

Thanks @chipsmama

I think most people would be happy if the replay started at the end of the hand - so when you open the replay, it’s a still shot of how the hand ends, then if you want to watch the whole hand you can click play.

It would be easier than adding playback functions.

Question? Is it better to see the final results of the hand in question, which has already been displayed or to see how & when, we misplayed our hand in the process?

Maybe different people are using it for different things. I don’t watch my own hands back, I just use it to see what opponents mucked cards are. Useful information for notes and just out of sheer nosiness!

1 Like