Poker Disclosure

Since you mentioned it, I’ve already been through the membership rolls and took a look at where people are from:

Player Name Location
bahia7 CA
CatchDRiver AL
FatnSassy FL
flyerfan USA
frankiedonuts FL
fransuah USA
gbus NY
GrandyB NM
Gulf_gator USA
holdnmacards USA
IRISHred AZ
JanCee CA
juneboy MA
k8464 USA
kcorbee BC, Canada
Kittie26 OH
Kurate USA
Matchstk WA
McPprimm Central USA
OldPueblo USA (Western?)
overcast59 UK
pokercinco Canada
puggywug OH
Sally93 France
SharonSmarty Quebec, Canada
Starkiller Uruguay
Stevenjoe66 USA
sweetleaf NC
thebulletbob NY
vincentg57 Belgium
vtpcwizard VT
wildpokerdude USA

I’m not clear what you mean by “i could not find other area for our poll” but if you’re looking for the link to it, scroll up, it’s been posted here several times. If you have a different question, maybe you could message me or Grandy and get some help.

thnk i am in the right place hope opinions helped

Randy, pug and other Disclosed -
I wish I could offer something that would allow me to play everyday. I appreciate you’re making an effort to increase participation, and I’ve always liked the idea of players having to show their hole cards - interesting, informative, instructive and fun. As with others above, I’m unable to be present usually because of work. The Mon, Wed and Fri tourneys start at 6pm my time, and I get off work at 6pm. Sometimes I’m able to get home quickly enough to make Late Reg, but usually not. I’m not fussy on game type, buy in and such - if you wanted to switch up with some Omaha, Omaha HL, that would be cool. If there was a weekend Disclosure, I’d be there every week. I would suggest starting the M/W/F an hour later - it’s just I play another online game with friends every night at 7:30pm. I can get away with playing The Arena because the blinds rise so quickly and I’m usually out in the first hour - and my other friends accept I’ll be occasionally late. But a tourney starting at 7pm wouldn’t work. I’m not really saying anything I haven’t already privately communicated, but I wanted to contribute. As I’ve said before, I’ll be there when I can.

Good fortune, good luck.

2 Likes

It seems 10pm ET is the best for several folks (especially west coast).
We’ll keep monitoring this thread throughout the week and make changes next week.
Like you Match, I was wondering if a weekend would work well…I hope you guys will let us know what day and time would work for you and if 10pmET just would not work for you.

2 Likes

One thing that I would like to see changed immediately for all PD league matches is that any registered player that does not show up by the end of the 3rd level is automatically removed from the table. More than once I have played at a league table where another player registered, but for whatever reason, was unable to attend. I have even seen absent players be ‘In the Money’ because others actually playing got busted out.
I understand that unforeseen events happen and folks cannot make it back to play. It happens to all of us. I would like to see that aspect mirror the general MTT rule that the ‘ghosts’ are removed at the end of level 3.

Matchstk & GrandyB mentioned weekends. Since there is no longer a ‘Stampede’ on Sunday evening, how about scheduling a league tourney in its place? Although Alex Romes version had fewer participants than when Buffalo Prime live streamed it each week, there were still usually over 100 entrants. Granted, PD games aren’t on the same level as the Stampede was, but I know I made time to play regularly as I am certain that other league members did. Having a league match at that time might allow the working folks to have a more active role in the league.

While I am making suggestions, what about cutting down the daily options and just offering league play maybe 3 days per week. I could be wrong, but I think that some folks come to look at Poker Disclosure League and see that we have games EVERY weekday and feel that they would be obligating themselves to making, or trying to make,each of them. I know that’s not a requirement for joining the league, but it might appear that way to some. I know we want to provide options, but looking at other leagues on Replay, most do not provide this kind of variety. I propose Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Perhaps with varying times, like Tuesday at 9ET, Thursday at 10ET, and Sunday at 7ET. One could be a game variant such as re-buy or Omaha, but leave the other two as PL Holdem. Varying the times might be a little confusing for some folks, but just throwing it out there.
I’m not saying these are the BEST options for Poker Disclosure moving forward, but you asked for input from the members. So here ya go :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Tony…I believe that all leagues are like that where no shows dont get booted but I’ll ask about when I submit the changes request.

People feeling obligated to play every game has concerned me in the past and I’ve tried to express that I would never want anyone to feel like that.
I mean it’s not like a team league where u hurt your team’s chances if you don’t show up.
So anyone reading this please know I hope you never feel obligated or guilty if you don’t show up…even if it means u can only make one game per month.
I dont know if yall have noticed but I have quit registering early because I don’t want people to check in and go ahhhhhh, look at Randy sitting there all by himself hoping someone will join him…I guess I’ll join him… and then we wind up playing heads up…heads up is not very fun with low stakes IMHO.
I think Sunday at 7PM ET would be great if everyone else agrees but I think the weekday games should be the same time (10pm ET).
How would everyone feel about cutting games to MWF at 10 and Sun at 7?

2 Likes

I don’t think we should feel obligated to make every game, but we should try to play in games when we’re available and there is a game. That is, we should prefer to play our league games over the open ring, SNG, or MTT games that are going on at the same time.

I try to make the Disclosure league games every time I can, but I can never make the TTh 4pm games, due to my work schedule, and Fri nights are hit-and-miss, depending on whether I have a date night with my gf. Weekends are likewise mostly time I spend with my gf, but of course that’s no reason not to schedule games if they’ll be well-attended by the rest of the league.

I’m in the Golden Donks league, too, and we have Wed 9pm and Sun 7pm games. I have multi-tabled occasionally, and done OK, but I do prefer to focus so I can play my best game, so I’ll probably have to bow out of the Sunday 7pm games if we start having them. But again, don’t consider that a reason not to hold them if we have a good amount of interest to play at that time.

MWF 10pm is good for me and I think most of the players who responded to the survey seemed like they’d be able to make that time as well, so I think it’s worth trying.

okay lets give this til the weekend for input… MWF 10pm …anyone opposed?
As for the Sunday game that can prolly vary a lot in times so everyone please give us an idea of their preferred time.

I try to play as often as I can. I am currently looking for work, so I honestly don’t know what days/times would be best for the long term, though I suspect the one time that would work best long term is the one time segment that wasn’t an option on the original poll (11AM-3PM eastern time). I am a waitress and usually end up on swing shift, at least initially. Right now, any day/time works for me and I play every game I can (if I remember), though my preference would be late night (11PM-3AM eastern). The only exception is the Thursday game that conflicts with Bust the Staff. Normally I don’t mind playing 2 games at once, but I try not to when playing BTS, so I usually skip that league game. I live on the west coast and tend to play more at the beginning and end of my day, but will try to make it to as many games as I can, no matter what the days/times are.
I like keeping the PL format and 2.5K buy in. I do not mind the rebuy tournaments, though I prefer a straight tournament with no rebuys. I answered that hold’em is what I would prefer in the survey, but what would be more interesting to me is a mix of games. Though I prefer omaha to hi/lo, I would make an extra effort to make it to those games. As one of the few people that make it to the games fairly regularly, it would be nice to play something different one day a week. I have no interest in playing royal though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay so as of now it looks like we’re looking at MWF at 10pm ET and Sunday at an undecided time.
I wouldn’t mind bahia’s suggestion of hi-lo…Sun and Mon are the only 2 back to back days so what if we did hi-lo on Mon night?

I’m ok to try Omaha, but I think I would rather do plain Omaha, rather than hi-lo. I tried playing it once recently, and every time I won a pot, I split it with someone who hit the lo pot6, and it really ruined any chances of making headway toward building my stack. I don’t get why hi-lo seems to be so much more popular than regular Omaha, though - - I couldn’t find a single game of regular Omaha that I could try, and had to settle for hi-lo when I looked.

2 Likes

So are we leaving the Friday night game as a re-buy?

As far as moving all weeknight games to 10pm ET, that works well for me. Can’t promise to make each, but I believe that will give me the opportunity to increase my participation.

On the Sunday game change… Since the first part of September, I have focused my play primarily on hi/lo rings and a few higher-stakes MTTs just to change things up. Although I have placed ITM on a few MTTs (including 2 awarding over 1m each) during that time, I have also had more than a few TILT style losses, so the bulk of the 3m chips that I am up since 9/1/19 came from those hi/lo rings. So with that said, I am more than pleased with the idea of making Sunday a hi/lo event. Puggy has expressed his preference for straight Omaha which is fine with me as well. Again, offering a change of pace might entice new members. My preference for Sunday would definitely be earlier though. Somewhere mid-afternoon would be where I would go with it, say starting between 4pm ET and 6pm ET. Again, just my preference. Any start time after 2pm ET on Sunday works for me, but I would rather not have it begin at the same 10pm ET time.

On a separate note… In Badonkidonk’s league forum, there was mention of the possibility of a weekly league versus league team match. I don’t know how the logistics would work, but I would love to see Poker Disclosure throw our collective hats into that ring!! Puggywug is in that league too, so he may be able to shed a little light on that topic for us.

I really appreciate GrandyB and puggywug for all of their hard work in trying to make Poker Disclosure League the best that it can be. Thanks guys!!!

A few thoughts from the riverside,
Catch

2 Likes

Thanks for you input Tony!
I will wait until Monday to submit the changes so please speak now or forever hold your peace.
As of right now it looks like we’ll be going with MWF at 10pm ET (with Fridays being a rebuy) and Sunday at 5pm ET for regular Omaha.

3 Likes

I can for sure do the Sundays at 7 (4 PM my time) most weeks. The 10 PM weeknights would be right during dinner. I’m very happy to come by on Sundays only if that’s okay! <3

Dang I would hate to lose you since you have been one of the ones that show…for ppl wanting to move it later (from 9 to 10) is there another time than works for you?
BTW Jan u mentioned u can make Sundays at 7 (4 your time)…can u not make 5pm ET (2pm your time)?

1 Like

I missed seeing that option. In winter, 2 PM PST weekdays will very likely work for me. :slight_smile: In summer, often we’re outside at that time walking or doing yard work. Thanks for caring, Randy!

You’re welcome, Catch. I just hope it helps.

An inter-league team contest would be intriguing. I’d be honored to play for either league, if the game is held when I’m able to participate. I guess I’ll have to see if anything comes of the discussion.

1 Like

Sigh… wish I could help you guys fill the ranks, but my life situation is still such that I’m unable to play. I’m barely able to get somewhere with internet often enough to post on the forum.

Hopefully things work out for you guys I think you’re on the right track with a weekend game or possibly two.

• When I was playing earlier this year, I noticed tables consistently (for more hours of the day, at least) being more full on the weekends. More people were logged in as well.

• I think most folks would prefer a league game as a change of pace from grinding rings or SnGs all weekend. I know I would – particularly this one – as I have a lot of friends in here.

1 Like

Dang Foz, sorry to hear that…please always know you’re always welcome if your internet issue gets resolved.

2 Likes