Mathematical inconsistencies with pocket pairs on replay

The Mathematics on how often a pocket pair is dealt with another pocket pair are very low, as low as 6%, yet here on replay I feel I see it waaay more often than that. I feel that this is not in line with the statements of the site saying that the shuffling algorithm is 100% fair, random, and not rigged in any way.

I would love to see what the statistics are for this on replay poker. Is it really as low as or near 6%?

If anyone has the ability to answer such a question I would really appreciate!

Another believer in the “ Replay poker “ is rigged conspiracy. Play 10,000 hands and You do the math on the probability percentage. It must be the heat this week.

2 Likes

I never said rigged, I said that I “feel” that it is not in line with their statements, nothing absolute. I have played many more hands than 10,000, and is why I am speaking out about this in a rational manner.

All I ask is a question, can statistics be shown that fall in line with the normality of the 6%.

I think looking at this chart to see how your hand would fare against another pair of hole cards may be more beneficial than worrying about the odds of a second player having a pair as their hole cards. I see two players having pairs, but not as regularly as you imply.

3 Likes

Thank you MinnowShark that is quite helpful! :smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

Enjoy, and good luck at the tables.

1 Like

This afternoon I had a full house only to go to showdown and find I was up against not one but two other full houses, and mine was the weakest one. Ironically I thought this was appropo to this thread, two of us had pocket pairs, and the one who didn’t, won.

3 Likes

You’re right, and you should see it more often than that. The chance of you individually getting dealt a pocket pair is about 6%, but the chance of any player at the table getting a pocket pair is much higher - and it gets higher the more players at the table there are.

You can use the Gordon Pair Principle to approximate the chance of another player having a pocket pair if you have one. For example, if you’re at a 9 seat table and you have a pocket pair then there’s approximately a 48% chance that someone else also was dealt a pocket pair (8 players x 12 other pocket pairs available / 2)

1 Like

It happens to us all & when it does I just hope I didn’t loose to much of my stack:)

What actually happens all the time here at Replay, is that 3, yes that’s three pocket pairs are dealt at the same time. I’ve seen it hundreds of times, last time today I fortunately folded my sailboats after raising since I got an inkling after the other two went all in with cowboys and I think it was fishhooks. Cowboys won. 3 pp’s happens a ridiculous amount of the time, if the low pair calls, it often wins, that’s how it goes.

BlackWidow carried out an excellent analysis on hands dealt here. Go see post 2731 of the Fairness Debate.

2 Likes

1 Like