Losing

Same here.
DId I?

1 Like

Okiato-Fisher (generater),
Please accept my apologies for not doing this sooner. It is LONG, maybe best digested in sections?!?

---- DOES YOUR HISTORY OFFER CLUES?-----
Lets take a look at your Best Hands and Biggest Pots to see if we can find a patttern…

YOUR BEST HANDS
https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/343530379 6…FreeRoll
https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/326595383 9…BrB+R
https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/259956014 9…BrB+R
https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/231367245 9…Conmerra lake
https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/212660679 9…Amz forest DUPLICATE

BIGGEST POTS
https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/363977941 9…BrB+R
https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/264957612 6…BrB+R
https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/363977636 9…BrB+R
https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/354094433 9…Athens
https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/212660679 9…Amz Forest DUPLICATE

CONCLUSION: Almost half of these hands (4 of 9) are in Bankroll Builder MTTs 500 entry + Rebuys where players can more easily recover from errors, bad beats, slumps, etc.
RECOMMENDATION Play BrB 500 +Rebuy to grow your Bankroll – use the ‘cushion’ while building the new skill set!!

-------YOUR SELF DESCRIPTIONs -------
In reading your self-description, it seems that you really like to play QUICKLY, not to wait…
RECOMMENDATION Play Turbo games only - the lightning bolt on the left side indicates the Turbo games

It also appears that you like to play A LOT OF HANDS
RECOMMENDATION Play only 6-handed games where:

1. Six players naturally play faster than nine, therefore more hands per hour…
  2. It’s easier to learn the style and strategy of 5 new players instead of 8
  3. The odds are better on lower entry hands.
    If that doesn’t make sense, look up a Hold’Em entry hand odds chart, like this one…
    HoldEmODDS_Colors.xlsx (34.7 KB)
    If its confusing at first, message me and I can be of further help.
    RECOMMENDATION Set yourself some entry hands limits based on realistic odds
    RECOMMENDATION Concentrate on 6-handed till you know those limits pretty well.

----- When Put Together, What Does It Look Like? --------

PLAY MOSTLY Turbo 6-handed BrB 500 + Rebuy games with Guaranteed Pots (GTD)
I.E. These daily games: times may vary in your zone…

Bankroll Builder B&R NL Hold’Em…12:15am…500 + R…Pot 15K Guaranteed
Bankroll Builder B&R NL Hold’Em…4:15am…500 + R…Pot 15K Guaranteed
Bankroll Builder B&R NL Hold’Em…8:15am…500 + R…Pot 15K Guaranteed
Bankroll Builder B&R NL Hold’Em…12:15pm…500 + R…Pot 15K Guaranteed
Bankroll Builder B&R NL Hold’Em…4:15pm…500 + R…Pot 15K Guaranteed
Bankroll Builder B&R NL Hold’Em…8:15pm…500 + R…Pot 15K Guaranteed

----- REFLECTIONs ----
Do you try too hard? Are you anxious to build bankroll and spend down every day? Poker does have an element of account management, so consider a plan to play the next day! Plus, it’s more fun to have something waiting for you to LogIn instead of having to wait for more chips!! LOL
RECOMMENDATION Only spend a set limit (?? 1/2 ??) of your daily bonus till you have reached a predetermined goal, like 50K. Then limit your spending to 10%, 25% or whatever your skill level allows as you develop your game.

------------------- My Story -------------------
Come to think of it… that’s essentially the way I started building my bankroll… I was much more comfortable in the 6-handed games with the family-game pace and size like when I learned as a child.
When I got a little more patience, and knew the basic entry odds, I added one non-turbo 6-handed 2K entry Rebuy game that had great payouts.
…In Seventh Heaven NL Hold’Em…10:30am DAILY…2K + R… Pot 200K GTD - Guaranteed

Only after I had topped 100K did I venture out into 9-handed games with any confidence… and began studying the new odds, setting 9-handed entry limits for myself. I also began to read recommended books, and talk to other players about what worked for them… that’s when I added the Turbo 9-handed Rebuy with the best Guaranteed pot:
…Tasmanian Devil NL Hold’Em …6:30pm DAILY… 1.5K + R …Pot 250K GTD - Guaranteed

Eventually, I tried to win a BrB Rebuy w/o ever rebuying. That is very tough with so many new players & maniac All-In Bets!! Then I went to the regular MTTs, 6 handed first, then 9-handed… Eventually I moved into the ring games (did them last because those are REAL CHIPS, not Tournament Chips!!), again 6-handed first then 9-handed, with ever increasing buy-ins. Sometimes these steps overlapped, and sometimes I go backwards for a while to rebuild if I start to loose regularly…

Using this basic foundation, my bankroll now approaches 10M chips Since joining Aug 2015, @ 2500/day for approximately 32 months, I have drawn 2,400,000 daily bonus, and the rest I won… not as a standard or a challenge, but an example of pace… and as an encouragement!!!

Hope this helps!!

Micki

5 Likes

Dang Micki, you should write a book!

2 Likes

first of all, amazing post!

just 2 small things i like to add:

1: in combination with your advises, i would still highly recommend to call way less and replace them by folds and raises (most of em folds), even if you’re playing 6h. i agree you can looses up more in 6h then in 9h. but i think this style is just too loose. i know i said it before, but i think the prime part of getting your game up is to get to the tag strategy.

2: the 5th hand of the best hands and the best pots are one and the same hand

3 Likes

tyvm Z & made the correction too - Great CATCH!!
And tag strategy comes NEXT!!! 4 sure!! Or between 6-handed & 9?

1 Like

so many advises, and i still don’t understand what you talking about:)

Hey Miki, man you sure put some work into that ! I appreciate it. Allgood advice, and yes I have won a few tourneys .
I am playing better now but have come to the conclusion that there are 3 factors that effect my game.

1/ I am just not a “Lucky” person. Some are ( this is beyond my understanding or controll)

2/ Very,very often I just dont get dealt betting cards. ( many times 3,4,5, orbits before a decent hand)

3/Lately on low stakes tables 50/100 there are players with huge stacks who call/raise huge amounts often pre flop which eliminates one from playing often a reasonable hand.

Therefore sometimes it just gets to damn boring!

I am not that interested in building a huge bank account (it’s only play money anyway) I play for entertainment,& yes it’s nice to chat sometimes as well.

Happy playing all.

GEOFF.

2 Likes

Glad things are looking up for ya! Except for the ‘too damn boring’ part… LOL
I will look for ya so we can have some great chatting!!!
Have a Great Poker Day!
Micki

An aspect of psychology in humans is that they feel far stronger emotions over a loss than they will for a win. Your losses hurt more than your wins feel good, and as a consequence you give them a greater emphasis. This is completely normal. It might help to remember that those ‘lucky’ people who just beat you with a insane river draw get beat just as bad on other tables when you aren’t there to see it happen.

It’s called ‘loss aversion’. When you understand it, you can control it.

3 Likes

Nice post Micki.

2 Likes

interesting subject. i guess humans are strange creatures lol :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

feel free to ask about which parts are unclear and i’ll try to explain :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well FML, that’s five Royal Flushes.

1 Like

it’s just the part where it’s about how to play, about strategy.
players (especially new ones) should know that online poker does’nt follow probabilties and odds.it leads to a logical conclusion that skils and strategy are in the second plan and pure luck in the first.
for this reason the explanation and analysis of played hands here can’t be relevant as they are in live poker.
understanding the difference between online and live poker should be the primary goal. only then we can discuss tactics and strategy.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

ok i understand,

u completely agree we need to consider higher quantity of bad players in here, but i usually have this already in mind when giving my analysis.

i made the mistake of fancy play syndrome more then just a few times in here,
for example while i am making a well thought bluff and clearly repping a hand that was the nuts or close to it with the thought process he should fold almost all hands because i knew he should know i had a monster hand, i made the bet or raise repping this range and get called by a top pair kinda hand with a lousy kicker purely because i didn’t considered the most important part, which is that i’m bluffing into someone who can’t find the fold button.

so what i’m trying to say with this example is this: there are a few exceptions to the rule, but on replay, the best strategy is almost always ABC poker. so in general, it’s what i’m trying to explain if i’m giving advises. i do usually give bluff advises as well, but i agree most of the time bets for value are the best thing in here. i however also need to say there are several people as well who can fold hands, which is the reason i add these strategies into my analysis and explanations as well.

another important part to add to this, is the reason i would like to valuebet a lot here, which is because the most common leak IMO here is calling (way) too much. meaning bluffs have less effect and valuebets have more effect. on top of that there also lots of people who like to raise too much. but there are only a few people here who fold too much. so all this together means the vast majority on here likes to play too much hands, so with a tight range, your range will win much more times then your opponent, simply because you usually hold the best hand and your opponent is willing to pay with less.
tag strategy is already commonly assumed to be the best one, but on here even more so. which is why i would recommend it to about 99% of the people in here.

long story short: IMO on replay ABC poker is almost always the best strategy. when playing against very bad players i would usually stick to valuebets only, and people who understand the game at least decently, i would recommend to add some bluffs as well. just not too overcomplicated ones.

hope this helps, yiazmat.

6 Likes

Exactly! & your bluffing add-on is perfect,… especially when bluffing in position and/or to a hand with few callers… what my Dad called an ‘orphan hand’

2 Likes

Agreed, though failure to understand bet sizing isn’t far behind. 3-bet jamming 100BB with a pair of 8s after someone raised 3x in early position, folding a 20+ BB pot to a min-raise, back-and-forth min-raising a half dozen times until one of the players decides to just over-shove… I could go on, but I’m sure we’ve all seen similar examples.

2 Likes

fully agreed on both points :+1:

1 Like

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh same ■■■■ ,different day
Man am I unlucky.

So many hands for the want off one card!!

As the song goes " beaten by the queen of hearts everytime"

AHH WELL theres allways wine!

Hard to believe how bad it is ,half hour bb no wins!

If I believed in God I think I must have been offensive!

1 Like

can i help you somewhere or shall i just give you some time?

haha lol :rofl:.
as long as it helps i guess he understand, he isn’t here to do anything against it anyway. or perhaps he is here and he’s the one sending you all the bad beats :stuck_out_tongue: