Is it okay to covertly use bots on Replay Poker?

I suggest that bots on replay poker should be required to identify themselves as bots either in their name or with a symbol in their avatar. This would make it easier for human players to know if they’re facing a bot or a human player and adjust their play accordingly. Does this sound like a good idea to anyone else?

2 Likes

A few years ago Replay Poker stated that they do not, and never will, use bots on this site. I see no reason to doubt their word on the matter. I can’t be bothered to hunt out the original post but if you search through the old posts I’m sure you will find it.

5 Likes

I concur.

4 Likes

There are no Bots here !!!

5 Likes

I’m with craig I don’t think there are any bots here… except discobot…

4 Likes

Or Bot Simpson :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Interesting question from a player that joined the site 4 hours before posting…

5 Likes

Good observation :+1:t2: I didn’t even notice that !

2 Likes

Hi @Amneisiac!

Welcome to the community! We don’t use bots in our site, simply because we don’t see the benefit of using them. Good luck at the tables! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just saw the post you are talking about a few days ago, and yes there are NO bots here on Replay,
Your right.

2 Likes

Feelmysins, myself and other’s are here to tell you, there are NO bots here on Replay.

1 Like

I don’t think I have ever encountered bots on Replay, which suggests one of 3 possibilities…

1. There are bots, but I have never encountered them.

2. I have encountered bots, but didn’t recognize them as such.

3. There are, in fact, no bots.

I have no idea which of these is correct, but I’m leaning towards #3.

On the other hand, I am quite certain that I have encountered a few witches and possibly an alien, and do believe that these should be identified.

9 Likes

I totally agree about your opinion. Bots should be discovered more easier than it’s now

Hi chipsmama, if you see the benefit will you use bots?

We will not use bots. The excitement you get from poker comes from playing with other people!

The only circumstance I could see is a tutorial-type area, away from our lobbies, not giving out actual Replay chips, for a player to learn the game. This is not something actually in the works. Just musing. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There are no BOTS. We all have to check that little box before we can play.

I can’t help but notice that you have side-slipped the witches and aliens issue. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What do you mean by “Replay Poker”? Does that mean every player on Replay Poker or the staff only? Can’t players who don’t work for Replay use bots?

@Amneisiac
I mean Replay Poker as in Replay Poker.

And no, you can’t. Reply poker have said “No” and I see no reason why anyone would feel the need to cheat to win an artificial currency. That said, I have no doubt there will be a few basement dwelling trolls willing to prove me wrong.

player/s did hack into replay and cheated. player using a bot is minor to hacking.

2 Likes