I can't be the 1st to question ranking system

I am new to Replay site and I have been crushing some of these “high-ranked” individuals which tells me they didn’t acquire 50 bazillion chips through merit. So what is the point, really? Just to remind Replay who the bright shining, PAYING, customers are?**

Anyway, Replay has been a good experience otherwise. Not going anywhere. Beating these “top ranked” players is a lot of fun.**

3 Likes

Hi ChinoD, :smiley:
Welcome! I hope you are well. The following is from the help file on ranking:

How rankings work

Sarah

Your rank is displayed in your profile on the upper right, but what does this number mean?

Screen_Shot_2018-06-06_at_3.37.47_PM.png

Your rank is based solely on your bankroll. The higher your bankroll, the better your rank will be. Since rank is based only on bankroll, it is influenced by chip purchases.

For ranking, a lower number is better. The highest rank is #1, being the player with the biggest bankroll on the site. Each player after that has a smaller bankroll than the player before.

Rankings update every 15 minutes. Chips in-play are NOT counted in your bankroll. Once you leave the table and your chips are returned to your bankroll, your ranking will reflect this change after the next update.

It is merely one of the ways to compare oneself to other players on this site, and, as in real life, does not necessarily reflect knowledge, skills or experience. Hope this helps… Peace!

2 Likes

I appreciate you responding Sarah but this just confirms the lack of merit in ranking.

2 Likes

Lol… Hi ChinoD,
Sarah is the person who wrote that article for the help section. I’m just a fellow player. I hear what you are saying, but I feel you are trying to put a meaning to something that is not intended to have it. Perhaps the name could be more descriptive, maybe “Chip Rank” or “Bank Rank”, but the number is only a way to tell if someone has more or less chips in the bank than you (when I first started playing here I thought that it was a wins or skill ranking). The way I see it, there is no reason or necessity for that information to be useful in any meaningful way. It just is what it is, the rest is up to you. :smiley:

6 Likes

:smiley:well said ! Thank you!

Yvw :smiley:

I started playing again in January 2024, with I think 200k chips or so. Now I am at 158 million.

I have never purchased chips. Speak for yourself, I say! :kissing_heart:

And I agree most players on Replay are just not skilled, even at the high ranks. But there are several reasonably good players in the top 1000. It’s just not always directly correlated to rank, as you point out.

3 Likes

@ChinoD do you want to play some 1M headsup tourneys? I will try to give you a good challenge :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I never understood why everyone is so fixated on rank. All the rank is who has the biggest bankroll, it does not reflect how skilled a player is. It is true you can buy a chip package right now and get 14 million chips for $99. That would buy you a current rank of some where around 3200 if you signed up and bought this package. Or you could start at 3000 chips when you sign up and play MTTs exclusively and net 14 million chips and have the same rank. One player is skilled, one player is not noone can tell the difference. (Well you can use the example from the article if you are only an RPP level of 10 out of 50 that tells me you havent won much, most people who earned their chips are at the max RPP of 50 Champion (not very hard to achieve). I have played against some incredibly good players whose rank was in the 100,000 range and played against players that were all in lunatics with ranks in the top 1000. Rank tells you very little so personally I pay it no mind whatsoever because it really isn’t used for anything other than standard use in the Donks leagues to invite a player to join.

The was a thread RP Hall of Fame that had a few ideas on how to better rank players by skill but the challenge is how do you weigh someone who plays only MTTs vs some who only plays SNGs vs only plays ring games, vs people that play only certain stakes vs only private leagues. It isn’t an easy task, and considering this is a free site with no adds and limited resources, I dont considered it a super high priority to address.

1 Like

their are some tournament games on replay like the American games… were their is 2 games daily… about 60 gams a mo… there is a leader board… for the mo… the people on the top 20 of that leaderboard are good players on replay…

5 Likes

Great point and why should anyone care? Yes I think if you see someone with a high rank you should be a bit cautious. But always remember anyone can win in, the great game of poker. !!

3 Likes

Just play 500k and 1M MTTs or ring at 2k/4k and up. Those are the levels at which something vaguely resembling thinking poker is played.

I played a 25k tourney yesterday and I kind of wanted to die lol

4 Likes

Rank really means nothing on a play chip site . Doesn’t give a player any REAL infor,at the very least give us the option to show or not to show.

3 Likes

A high stack does not a great poker player make. A good player knows how to add to his stack with good play. In other words buying your stack only gives you play money to buy into games. Not to win those games. :slight_smile: I think that it’s a mind game with yourself. You can convince yourself by spending lots and lots of money buying chips you are a great player. If that is the case, come sit next to me at the tables. :smiley:

2 Likes

Absolutely correct and always love a challenge, with a high stake player that buys their bankroll. As I have said many times before, play your game & you can win against anyone. Don’t let someone’s, ranking discourage you!!

2 Likes

Hi ColbyRoad,

If you are referring to showing your hole cards at the end of a hand, if you go to your main settings page and uncheck “always auto muck hands” you will have the option to show enabled. Hope this helps. :smiley:

2 Likes

That is not what i meant. I’m talking about when in a headsup situation being able to show a good laydown

2 Likes

oohhhh, OK, I gotcha… :smiley: I think that might be difficult to implement, not impossible though. I don’t think enough players would want that option to make it worth the effort.

Now that you have got me thinking about it though, how would you know if it was a good laydown, you would have to see the other players cards and if you fold to me and then show me your cards not only am I not obligated to show you mine but in most cases I think that would be counterproductive for me. Maybe I am being dense but I don’t see the benefit. Could you explain further please?

1 Like

I am not sure what you mean? But it is players choice to show or not. Just like real life. And I personally would not be real happy if I were forced to show just cuz you want to see it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

He wants the option to show his folds… Right now only players who make it to showdown (win or lose) have the option to show their hole cards :smiley:

1 Like