I can't be the 1st to question ranking system

I only rank myself lol. As long as I leave with more chips than I started playing with (and I do 90% of the time) I am happy…

1 Like

no one suggested you would be FORCED lol

1 Like

It was a bit confusing what you said, but NOW i get it. Thank you das for explaining this. So you want to able to show something when you had to fold the hand. That could be cool

2 Likes

Rightly or wrongly, we judge ourselves by how well we think we play the game; others judge us, not by that huge bankroll we bought, but by how often we actually win.

1 Like

What button do you push during the game to reveal?

1 Like

@SurfandVolley

Refer to post #33 in the thread below. After you are at showdown you will see a prompt.

I hope this helps

Show Class - Poker Discussion - Replay Poker

1 Like

Chino D,
You are right about people with a lot of money buying chips. It would be nice if we go to the Win vs lost games ranking.
Joe C.

1 Like

Please do not view people who buy chips with disdain. I myself have not bought but am grateful to those who do for they support this site financially. As you gain experience and keep notes where applicable your abilities to scope out the competition increases.
jsef

2 Likes

Ranking - I don’t need a ranking to know i stink.

I buy chips. So I can play on. Supporting Replay is a big deal for me. Without them I am well, frantic, anxious and very bored. LOL But that should not be the measure of how well I play or how much I suck.

1 Like

I buy chips for others, I also like to support the site, some folk need a hand up.
I loved my first few months on the site, I got free chips to start me off and had a goal, win chips to play against gambler, ffil, creed, Q and a few others in omaha hilo, once I had the chips it was a moot point for me, I have no goals now apart from win or get close in a tournament once in a while.
Make love not war : )

2 Likes

I have a suggestion for player rankings.

10% of the field gets a bonus for good play.

Example 100 players in a MTT.

100th place = 1 point
99th. = 2. Etc.

When you make top 10
10th would get 3 bonus points
9th. 6
8th. 12
7th. 24
6th. 48
5th 96
4th. 192
3rd. 384
2nd. 768
1st. 1,556

In other words you get a point for every position

Then bonus for top 10

Points are the same no matter 2 dollar game or one million

There’s a few problems with that. Firstly, it obviously only works for MTT’s. It’s also going to disproportionately reward players who put in a lot of volume (as long as they have the odd good result).
It also doesn’t account for the strength of the opposition. Lower stakes players would likely end up dominating the rankings because the difference in skill level at those stakes is more extreme and you can play a lot of tournaments with a modest bank roll.

ROI would do a similar thing but would work across game types. It also doesn’t have the same problem with rewarding volume - it actually has the opposite problem - and still has a similar bias toward low stakes. Using the stakes played as a bias in the ROI calculation could fix those issues, and you would likely get a decent estimation of actual skill that way.

I agree with @southwestmba and others that it’s all a bit pointless though. There’s a lot of great reason to play poker on Replay, obsessing over some arbitrary measure of rank isn’t really one of them.

3 Likes

Ive played a player that was ranked 500 and something. He obviously didnt get his chips by winning them. He was a fish. Ive also watched a player lose everything and have 80 million the next week.

Nothing wrong with the ranking system if theres no monkey business going on.

This says it all, I’ve never played CHINO & I’ve prided Myself on never buying chips. :cold_face:

1 Like

says the guy ranked Top 100! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:rofl:

Ranking means very little, but you can get a bit from it, for instance anyone with a 3 digit ranking is usually pretty good. A 2 digit ranking and they certainly are pretty good.
A 6 digit ranking usually means they’re terrible.
If their ranking is fairly steady, usually means they’re pretty solid.
If their ranking is like a roller coaster usually means they’re quite loose and really don’t care much. JMO.

3 Likes

Why not have a ranking with chips won?

Not bought!

Think of it as a shorthand way of comparing how many chips you have with how many everybody else has. That is all it means and all it is meant to mean. It has no relation to skill except in the most superficial way. Probably should be named something else like “chip rank” or something. There is probably no good metric for measuring or comparing poker skill, for instance using number of chips won could be misleading as I know of one player who looses all his chips buys some more (or maybe not I am not completely sure but I think he does), parleys them up to a large bank and then looses them all again, over and over again. HIs “chips won” rank would be very high, but he is a terrible bingo player so that ranking in his case would be misleading and/or useless.

1 Like