How to handle lucky wins and unlucky losses

good runs, bad runs, coolers and bad beats are part of poker. it’s just variance. shake it off and continue to play well to win in the long run. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you,

and, good luck to you also. I have added you to my friends list. Thanks for asking. Hope to see you at the tables soon.

SSeville

I typically find that people usually gloat about poorly played hands (myself included, a bad habit)

No. I was 99 when I started on replay poker using an extraterrestrial ID name, and then they kept on adding years after I returned to planet Earth and changed my name.

If I gloated every time I saw a poorly played hand, I would have no time to play my cards.

1 Like

Fast starters in tournaments often make a series of huge pre-flop raises and bluffs with inferior starting hands, and if they have a run of good luck they can build huge stacks. However as the blinds get higher, opponents figure out their style of play and start to chop them down to size. The best way to deal with them is to regard them as a convenient chip repository to be doubled up into when you have good hands.

2 Likes

I find this to be true. GL at the tables.

If you feel the need to say anything, a simple nh, vnh if you lose, a gg if you or the opponent busts out. “Luck” happens on individual hands, but in the long term, good plays will be rewarded more often than not, and bad plays will lose. If someone sucks out on the river and gloats, you will probably get them next time. If you suck out on the river, take your chips, and be glad it wasn’t a more expensive lesson.

3 Likes

Usually the ones that gloat, spew their chips later on, so don’t even respond.

1 Like

Is constantly going all-in a “thing” now? I just started playing here last week and just about every table I’ve played at has someone who goes all-in every hand. Hard not to comment, I have been leaving but it is annoying. I’m playing low levels, but still
but still …

3 Likes

Anyone who goes all in “every hand” is a fish. If you play your cards right you can profit big time. When faced with this type of player tighten up, play premium hands and don’t limp into the pot. Patience is key. Someone is going to bust this person out sooner than later. It might as well be you. If all else fails find a new table and hope the fish is sitting to your right. It has been my experience that the higher up in stakes you play the fewer bingo players you will encounter.

5 Likes

Play very tight and be patient. Sooner or later these players spew their chips, especially after they lose a big pot.

2 Likes

Exactly. There are a few players that when I see them at the table, my first thought is “Well, someone is about to get paid… hope it’s me!!” They’re not strictly “all in all the time” players - but they’re close to it. Let’s call them “excessively all in-er’s”

1 Like

Sadly its a bit of a contagious way to play in here, especially in the Freerolls. Mainly in Royal. You can be on a good table and then Bingo Boy shows up and ruins things. Happens almost every night now.

3 Likes

That’s where you find the most of them. As you play the higher levels, play gets a lot better. Don’t let it get the best of you. Play your game.

2 Likes

unS, I learned the same thing when I started playing the site … and quickly moved up to “better play” which costs more. But it’s worth it and you don’t have to deal that isht. DoRios gives great advice on how to catch those fish and I didn’t have the patience to play.

2 Likes

In general, it’s always good to be a good sport and show respect to the other players, whether you’re on a winning or losing streak.

That has nothing to do with the Bingos in here that ruin the game for everyone.

1 Like

It is easy to get upset when you play a solid strategy and win a huge stack of chips only to lose it all when you go all in on pocket A’s and someone wins with 7,2 offsuit.

The way I deal with it is

First I congratulate the person that won. This will go a long way into turning a negative into a positive.

Second, I think to myself. How many times did I put others through bad beats to get the chips I won? Makes me feel better knowing everyone goes through this.

Third, It’s only a game. If the game is no longer fun, then I need to stop playing. But I can’t stop playing poker. I love the game too much.

Hope this helps!

~mark :slight_smile:

1 Like

I type “ NH “ have another gin n tonic and live to play another day.

1 Like