HELP! Is this just spew or higher variance +EV

Yeah, Mike Secton is one of my favs too. I talked to him when he hosted a player’s party at Studio 54. He’s a down to earth guy, not full of himself like so many pros. He took the time to talk to everyone who wanted to talk to him, and seemed just like a normal guy. I would have talked to him more, but free food and booze were demanding my attention, and a fella has to have his priorities straight.

2 Likes

OK so Limp’n AA and future hands…

On Hagia Sophia, usually a very agro table… I been sittn for about 30-45 minutes. I have some above my orig buyin when the following sequential hands occur.
Hands : 526851493 , 526851341 , 526851181 …

Usually when everyone is check’n like in hand #1 , someone buys the pot on the river as I did with a minbet.( nothing wierd yet ) Not usuall for that to occur 2 hands in a row, but it did. So when it happens a 3rd time, in a row, how do I not get paid off HUGE ???

We talk’ed about future value… so like 15-20 minutes later, same table… I get pocket 4s. I limp the flop ( as usuall ) and trip my 4s… of course I check… :sunglasses: … next person bets out 260k and gets called and it checks to me… I raise an xtra 1m… for these 2 ppl this should be an easy fold, but nooooo. 1 folds, the other reraises me so I shove and get called… My caller is playing Pair Aces with crappy kicker and a weak flush draw, and gets CRUSHED.

My point is, that there are times when limping strength, as a strategy, can be profitable… especially when you show both limp’d hands like AA and hands like 37o.

Its no different than the old addage…
If the table is agressive, go passive … if the table is passive, go agressive…

Edit : I raised 1m got called, then shoved on next card and was call’d, and his draw was the baby SF draw and no pair aces. sry thought I got reraised, I did not.