Getting called in spots where they “can’t” call

ok, sure, everyone loves a nut flush draw

but what the Sam Hill is this???

I know my sizing in the second hand (against PlayLater) is microscopic, but in theory, this is the point: villain has so many missed draws in range that we should just have to blow on the pot to take it down.

Ay caramba! Who did I wrong in my past life?? :confused:

When you’re playin’ where you shouldn’t be playin’…

1 Like

Guru

1. Do you know that they are call stations?
  2. If you do know they are call stations, then DO NOT BLUFF CALL STATIONS lol.
  3. Do you bluff too much?
  4. Do the other players know you and know that you bluff, etc?
  5. If you do bluff too much, and if other players know that, then they call, especially if they are call stations
  6. That’s crazy that they call with J8 nothing, etc.
1 Like

The player I most want my play to resemble is Fedor Holz

So yeah we’re gonna be walking wayyyyy out of bounds sometimes :wink:

But I need to improve my execution. To make these plays profitable, it has to be done very precisely.

In the hand against PL, a bigger size would have been better. He is extremely loose/wide despite saying “nice rags” when someone else wins with a sub premium. And he lives to punish me for being too agg/out of line.

In that same tournament I raised preflop, he called, I cbet Q75 two-tone. PL raised the flop big and I went beall in. He called me with 6 6! (And lost to QJ)

So I should not have tried to use a GTO size to punish his missed draws. B40-60 is sure to get a fold, and my read was very solid that he has no pair, so why bother betting less and opening the door for such shenanigans.

I try really hard not to listen when others, even strong players like yourself with lots of experience, tell me to pass on spots that I feel good about taking. My goal is to be one of the most aggressive players anywhere, period. I look forward to the challenge of making such a style work. And players like Fedor reassure me that it can work, but you have to study everything and your execution must be flawless.

Mine is still very rough in places.

1 Like

Yes to all of the above lol

All the high stakes MTT regs know I’m over bluffing
It probably doesn’t help that I occasionally berate them for not being able to call without the nuts LOL

I definitely take too many spots, especially against players I know want to call me down light

Sometimes I just need to wait for a better spot. I have a really hard time letting pots go when I think Villain has made it clear that they don’t have a very strong hand

I forget who first said “just because you know what they have doesn’t mean you get to win,” but it’s good advice that I should take more often

You’re right, I’m sure

re: the quote - I think it was Andrew Neeme who I first heard this axiom from