CONTEST - Your primary poker goal

Competition.

I would pick B then D. I like the tournaments the most. The rush watching other players fall away one at a time. Very nice game.

I enjoy playing to keep the skill ahead of my professional competition. As a Realtor I must always represent my client first. Playing poker has helped me hone that craft. I can quickly read what my other Realtors are doing in a moment.

Like most there is nothing more fun than taking out a higher ranked player or even better when they are ranked 1000 or less. At my rank I can feel the breath from others, I have no fear though. LOL The past few months I am trying to just have fun and try new math to the old calculations. They are not working so good :wink:

For me it would have to be the Competition side of it, as the chips don’t really matter to me. Seeing how far I can go in a tournament is always nice, and it also involves learning. Meeting people would definitely be second on my list though.

For me it’s definitely A. I didn’t sign up here because I was looking for friends, i signed up because I wanted to play cards. That being said, after almost 4 years, I have just 13K in chips. I’m not a bingo player, I just have had really bad luck, and there are way to many bully’s out there. So why am I answering this? It is a chance to win 100K. I can’t join Facebook…so there’s 5K I’ll never see, cant buy chips, no Visa, MasterCard, or Pay Pal account, so for now, and the past 2 years I’m stuck at thetables where people like to just take out people like me. Recently have run into players with over 10mil playing 10/20 antes going all in all the time. You know the saying “With friends like that who needs enemies” that’s what it feels like most of the time, but when you live in the middle of nowhere, it can be the only game in town.

1 Like

Add another - Distraction when I couldn’t get out of the house!!!
When I FIRST joined, my elderly mom was living with me, and I could not leave the house. Replay provided the necessary Distraction, Entertainment and Relationships to keep me from going entirely BONKERS (debatable, I know!!) Now that Mom has moved on to Heaven, these are my current reasons:

1. B, – Friends and Fun First!! The ride is the most enjoyable part!!
  2. C – Skill, learning the game / developing strategies reminds me of my Dads teaching…Replay is like visiting my childhood dinning room table! Once in awhile, I will hear his voice instructing…
  3. and A… as written…Building a Bankroll as evidence of increased skill and progress.
  4. and D also - Competition… but not on the leaderboards!
    Competing with my self, bettering my poker game, my relationship skills, being a better friend… This is the most important aspect of competition for me.
    POKER ON!!!
2 Likes

kelvic1414
Maybe two years ago I was drunk and maybe a little more but I lost my whole roll I think at the time I was like 7000ish. Dang open play rooms. Anyways I’m like 6.5 now but I only play small tournaments. I often think of loosing all my stack and starting again. Like 1,300,00 LOL. The people I would play would just be sitting there wondering what happened to them. I can see their faces in my mind as a under ranked player cleans out nine person tables and laughs the whole time. Enjoy you trip back up to the top.

For me it’s making all the great friends I have at Replay - as to the game itself I love playing with players better the I - because that’s how I’ve learned - it’s not so much the chips because that comes as you better yourself - it’s the skill/strategy & competition - once I find those players I will study their gameplay and watch what they
do in certain instances & try to determine what hole cards they have for the play they represent - are the holding Aces? - is it a bluff? etc. That’s my secret in a nutshell

Actually, having fun with friends and enjoying the ride are pretty much on an even keel with developing skills and strategies. Building up my bankroll is always enjoyable, but its a game of chance so you have to take the bad with the good whether you like it or not. Accept and acknowledge that someone else had a better hand. Topping the leader board doesn’t even figure on my list of priorities.

1 Like

Well, i am British and like all Brits, it’s the competition and being able to pit skills against better players, for me its not winning or getting my bank credit to grow but how the game is played, i don’t even mind if i lose, after all, you cant win every hand can you, to me its the thrill of the competition and playing to the best of my ability and appreciating the skill of others.
i know the chips are free, i know there is no cost involved, so we all start level and its skill against skill, just wish my skill was better…

**B friends & chatting is awesome & definitely Nice if grow a bankroll. **

1 Like

C and B, in that order. I think Replay Poker is an excellent site that can entertain anyone who enjoys the game. Chatting with people literally from all around the world is exciting for me. Although I’m no pro in any sense of the word, I have vastly improved my poker game. All thanks to you, Replay Poker!

I just wanted to say that the tournaments are where its at. A lot of good hands come out. Seems almost unbelieveable. This is so much fund. There are many times that I keep playing through the night and into morning. love it…love it. My goal is to keep enough chips to play all I want.

**Primarily I play RePlay Poker just for fun.  A way to take my mind off troubles and I feel engaged playing against other human beings.  I don't have to worry if someone is coming over and I haven't vacuumed or my dishes aren't done.  **

** It is fun to watch how seriously some people play and how very few will ever admit that they’ve purchased chips. I freely admit that I’ve purchased chips several times. I’ve been lst in a game and won a lot, lost a lot, too. Always try to be a good sport.**
** I don’t bluff very well so I don’t do that while I play, too much like lying to me. I have paid several times to see who is bluffing at the table and seen several get rather embarrassed when they are discovered. I do find fun in seeing some players try to bluff every hand although I call them “muckers”. **
** In that I do show my cards most always, I have only had one player admonish me, said I was being “cheeky” or “show-offy”. I thought I was being honest.**
** I do want to thank Replay Poker for helping me make it through when my oldest son was shot and killed three years ago. I live in a very small town and it is frustrating to feel that I know who was responsible. With not enough hard evidence and people lying, it is still an open case. With about 4 total officers, our local police department hasn’t prosecuted anyone yet. There were days that I just needed to get my mind off the case and stop thinking about it. Thanks.**

I love the competition and winning.

i come here to unwind after work and to just have fun. winning isnt everything but it helps lol. i also like the competition on certain games and tables. thank you much.

For me its just fun. winning is a bonus!

I EXPECT A SITE TO BE REPUTABLE,RESPECTABLE,BEING HONEST,UN-BIAS,FAIR,HAVE INTEGRITY,GOOD MORALS,UPRIGHTNESS,CONSISTENT,HIGH QUALITY.BE
FUN AND BE RANDOM.ONE OUT OF TWELVE,NOT GOOD ODDS.THEY MIGHT WANT TO REDEAL WITH NEW CARDS.

I love the competitive nature of the game, for me learning patience and playing for the long haul in games with lots of entries is the most rewarding.

1 Like

It’s about developing skill. The more I play, the more I learn. Everday is a new learning experience.

1 Like