CONTEST - Your primary poker goal

I’m torn between B and C. Based on my actual poker history, I guess I’d have to say B if forced to choose.

To learn more aboutthe game and reading players actions. I am writing a book about tournament Poker, and want to be sure that my obersevations are as accurate as they can be.

David The CardWorker,

I am also a professional Magician, so handling cards is interesting to me.

It depends on the day, and who shows up at the table, sometimes its all about socializing and having fun with some great players, (I’ve made some really cool friends here) other times its about making it to the final table, and other times I just enjoy mindless play to help me unwind after a not too fun day at work. Irregardless, I am very grateful for Replay Poker! Thank you, Mr Replay, and team Replay, for making it free and fun! You are awesome!

2 Likes

B One of the best ways to get it is here on replay …
Happy 1958

B - I need to work on Skill & Strategies like the power of Folding. But I’ve stayed with replay because of getting to Know and enjoy company of fellow players.

1 Like

They are all valid reasons to play poker online, and I enjoy them all. But to pick the most important one, I had to think in reverse.
Instead of thinking which one makes me want to play, I looked for the one that I would leave the site if it wasn’t there anymore.

Would I stop playing if I lost all my chips? Of course not! I would keep playing and rebuild my bankroll.

Would I quit playing if I reached a desired skill level? Of course not, there’s always room for improvement and even the best skilled players still enjoy the game.

Would I stop playing if I didn’t win and top leader boards? Definitely not. It’s not really on top of my list.

But I would definitely quit playing if I stopped having fun! Once the fun is gone, and there are no friends to share it with, I think everyone agrees that there’s no point in playing. There’s no real cash involved, and nothing forcing anyone to keep playing if there is no joy in doing it.

That’s why I pick B - fun and friends - as the PRIMARY goal for playing online.

C - skill would be my second choice not very far behind B. Developing strategy and improving my game is also fundamental in keeping me interested and coming back for more. But again, if it’s not fun, it’s not worth it :relaxed:

10 Likes

A is the one that happens to come to mind for me. I want to say skill, but everyone tells me that on line poker is just different from bar poker to vegas poker. Making friends? I do not know anyone here, and conversations like NP and T do not make me feel warm. There is civility (usually) and that is it. Competition is nice, but I have no clue about leader boards, I pay little attention to that and don’t miss it. I get that (too much of it) in real life.

i like just playing, try my best to win with what i get, i try to play every hand and see how it works out, if i can’t sleep i’ll play a few hands, on my lunch i’ll play a few hands.

to increase my skills as a poker player

I don’t have any goal. I just play for the fun of it.

Good one, “Tournament Poker”.

On replay Poker it is C for me .I spent more time playing at Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun, and cash internet sites,so winning money is the goal

B then A then C then D for me. I play every day and thoroughly enjoy the thought processes and math involved in playing.

1 Like

I’m no youngster and I find that my memory fails me on occasion. I choose “C” because I believe that the concentration it takes to learn more about the game helps keep the synapses firing. I love a challenge!

i love the com,pitition and playing with friends,b

B - having fun and making friends is the most important to me. I’ve made some great friends here. That being said, I am always trying to improve my game and it’s always more fun when you are winning.

learning to fold to a high bet even when you have put a lot in the pot already a weak hand is something you have to rethink and fold it right away when you feel that is the thing to do…you usually know.

Continuing the discussion from :robot: Greetings!:

aprender a jugar pokr para convivir con personas y amigos

I’m trying to become a better and smarter player. I try to find games with players in them that I have observed as being fine, smart players. I’m relatively new here, but I have figured our that ranking does not necessarily reflect skill level, as many simply acquire their chip count via purchasing chips in vast amounts. Hence trying find and observe top players, and hopefully acquire their skills.

Thanks

Racerx3200

I’ve been playing poker almost out of the womb – since I was five years old when I set up ring games with my stuffed animals. No joke, mom still holds onto the tapes. I’m playing to renew my love of the game, practice the fundamentals and learn more about the game. Also, I hope to one day play in low stakes live games on the side.

When I make it big, I’ll be able to thank Beakie the penguin for teaching me the ropes at a young age :rofl:

At first it was to build a bankroll. Now it’s competition. I love the competition! I love to sense the emotions of the players. How affected people become when they lose. even though it’s only play chips . You’re richer by bending over to pick up a penny on the sidewalk. No monetary value what so ever connected with the poker game. Yet so many emotions. I find it fascinating. Amazing… I love it.

1 Like