CONTEST - Your primary poker goal

When I first started playing poker on Replay I thought my goals were to get better at poker and win more often…but sometimes goals take longer to achieve than anticipated, at least for me, so on Replay my goals have shifted somewhat over the last year. I find I enjoy playing with all the folks from different parts of the world, you name a country and its probably represented on Replay.
Its lots of fun playing “worldwide poker” and Ive begun keeping notes on where my competitors are from…maybe I will discover some correlation of types of playing methods vs country origin…i.e. Brazil players do more bluffing? Brits seem much more tight…etc etc…
Hey Replay is the deal what can I say ?

1 Like

Good relationships with fizzymint are the most important :):):slight_smile:

1 Like

I love the competition while bankroll building at the same time there are some very crafty players and I like to pit my statagies against them which are not always successful but the learning experience is great fun. this is the perfect poker site to hone your skills. Good luck to all of you on the tables:
:diamonds::clubs::hearts::spades:
Meerkat1

It is definitely a combo of all of the choices. Sometimes, it is just good to sit and banter about with some friends and others I am out to clean out anyone in my way :slight_smile:

I love the social aspect of replay. But as time progresses I am skilled
enough to want a tourney for accomplished players…such as Badon
kidonk and others. We want a situation where those who have earned
a reputation for excellence is rewarded. I mean a special tourneys
for invited replay members who are good players. X-pusher, Brick,
Moeron, and many others who value good solid players and the skill
and strategy involved in high stakes poker. Tomkat287…………

1 Like

Competition is so natural in our genes that we can not deny it. In order to carry it out, knowledge and practice are necessary. Economic means and time are also necessary. Finally crossing this path, we realize how necessary it is to entertain ourselves, and this is not complete if we do not share with friends.

For me, it’s experience and learning in a stress free environment. I play live regularly, once a week…single table tournament poker and even though it’s hardly high roller, the fact that it’s real money at stake does tend to add a little stress to the mix. The once a week nature also means that time for experimentation and developing strategies is at a premium and without more regular practice there would not be enough of it for actions and reactions to situations to become a touch more instinctive - or at least more at the forefront of the brain.

So this is where Replay comes in. I can play every day in a relaxed and friendly environment and try stuff out without risking next week’s shopping money. People do say it’s not the same because it’s play money and they’re right of course. You see a huge proportion of limped hands pre-flop with few raises. Even if you do raise, there’ll be a whole chain of callers and a lot more hands are taken to the river. Hence all the bad beat stories and claims of the site being rigged. But once you get past all that, it’s just the same. All the stuff I’ve mentioned tends to disappear the more people get eliminated and the games become more ‘real’. And if you want to learn patience (which you do, believe me) what better way is there than to survive the early stage bingo of a Replay tournament?

And, most importantly, the money might be play money but the people are not. They’re all here in vast numbers…LAGs, TAGs, Nits, Aggro-fish, Passive fish…the whole panoply, all here under one roof. Over a million of 'em! I’ve become much more adept at mixing it up in my live game strategy against different opponents as a direct result of paying attention on here.

Yes, it’s great fun and I enjoy the chat. Any game I play, I want to win so I also like the competition and, if anyone should entertain the thought that I’m ever going to give away my hard-earned bankroll without a fight…well, they shall be disabused of that notion forthwith. So yes, it’s everything really but the practice and skill takes precedence.

Thanks for listening :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I would have to say that all four are important, my order of preference is as follows:
B
A
D
C

1 Like

I here for two reasons mostly… to chill from my day have a little fun…the second kind of like exercising… game play here can be all over. you have your cowboys …all in all the time the more skilled that keeps ya on your toes and others that are learning and who knows what their game is, but all is good the site has help me keep limber for real life face to face poker… it has helped me a lot… good luck to all and plz have fun!

2 Likes

competition and to make as mush chips when i beat someone i got to know here it makes my week.

I originally signed up to get more comfortable with the game. You know, the ranking of the hands, etc. Now that I’m a little better at the game I’ve found out that I get a big thrill out of playing the really good players. Win or lose I always learn something and I always log out with a smile on my face. Thank you for such a great game!!

1 Like

I like it for the entertaining and strategy element. Seems like all sorts can have fun here. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I play to try to become better and enjoy tournament games where player’s skill levels are similar. Hate games where folks aren’t serious because the chips are free. Recognizing that poker is a game of luck enhanced by skill and that patience is one of the greatest virtues of a good player, I look for opportunities to take advantage of luck, leverage skill, and practice patience.

1 Like

I have no real purpose for in mind. I totally enjoy playing the game and challenging myself of knowledge and skill. I think this site
is very enjoyable and fun. Thanks replay for inventing a place for free
to play poker with others around the world. KUDOS to you and your staff.
Keep up the good work. lvjp4

1 Like

B and C I just like to relax and kick back playing. Winning is great but not the main thing for me.

I enjoy replay and have for several years. I would like to see ranks based on those of us that DO NOT BUY chips and those that do. As replay has chip promotions my rank changes and I do not like this aspect of the rank policy in place. I play for my enjoyment and not to challenge any other player.

By improving skills and strategies, everything else will fall into place. Of course, the way the cards fall
will always affect winning and losing, but , in the long run, strategy and skills will prevail.

I enjoy all four of these topics but competition is far the reason I enjoy coming back over and over again. Without competition then skill wouldn’t be used and the money wouldn’t change hands but enjoying a few friends means fun is why I always return.

1 Like

My wife says A,B,C or D or cause we just Love replay keep up the good work!!! all the above.

1 Like

It’d be all of them… mainly C “Developing Skills” … but really E “killing time” … does that go under B “Fun and Friends”?