A Question?

What do you think or feel,when a guy get so much luck,5 times in a row,you do nothing wrong,yes i get lucky too! Sometimes it feels skills dont matter,i know in the long run it does! To be patience,not easy all the time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Patience is the hardest part! I try not to begrudge another player a lucky streak. I just love those when they come to me!

3 Likes

wonder why I can’t get that lucky. hardly get lucky 1 time in a row, let alone 5 times in a row. another reason its hard accept that its " random"

2 Likes

Have you read a few books about poker? It helps! Let me know if you want suggestions.

2 Likes

The greatest challenge in poker is mastering your emotions. Have fun and enjoy. When it’s not, take a break, your turn will most assuredly come

2 Likes

When someone appears to be enjoying a remarkable run of high hands, it’s helpful to look at their chips balance and how long they’ve been on the site. You might well find that they have very little in the bank and have been on the site for months if not years. In which case, they are very low-skill players.

4 Likes

I’ve also seen players been on site for years and not much of a bankroll, yet they can just hit hand after hand like its nothing. it doesn’t matter what 2 cards or what they are up against.

2 Likes

I just noticed that I received 0 tournament points when I finished in 1st in a 5k tourney to win one of five 50k tickets available to the winners.

I know there’s a thread about tourney points somewhere but I couldn’t find it. But, the truth is, I really didn’t try very hard.

Question, when do you receive tourney points and when don’t you receive them?

Thanks,

1 Like

The only tournaments where you will not earn tournament points are satellite tournaments with the same payout for all winners.
This is the case for the satellite tournaments for the 20k(not sure), 50k and 250k tickets, and nothing else.
All other tournaments, including the other satellite tournaments, give tournament points.

For example I won a few 250k tickets without earning any points, and I finished first in a satellite tournament for 4 7500k tickets having earned 31408 tournament points.

1 Like

How can they possibly “hit hand after hand like its nothing” and still have “not much of a bankroll”?

If they are winning so consistently then where are the chips going?

@JanCee gave you some very good advice: read some books … I think that dead tree products are a bit over-rated so I’d recommend websites that use 100% recycled electrons.

Regards,
TA

1 Like

Definitely lots of great free advice on-line. Intuition will only take you a ways into the game. To get better requires study of some sort.

3 Likes

In my knowledge you shall get it right away,just contact support

Thank you, I was unaware of this. I did send a note (a copy of the email notification) to support as Konrad suggested which was before I saw your response.

So, the the other players who didn’t win do get Tourney points but, the winners don’t??

1 Like

You have to remember that if 50 people enter a tournament, 49 of them will not win, but that you can still go a long way without having a lot of luck if you play with a good strategy.

For example, knowing when to hold em and when to fold em is crucial. Some players will see lots of cheap flops and then hope to flop a monster or take the pot with a bluff, while others will hold their ammunition until they get a monster starting hand and can get all their chips in.

And then it is essential to understand the mathematics of the game. If you hold KK preflop, your chances of holding top pair at the flop are very great, but if there is an Ace on the flop, then you have to ask yourself how an opponent who holds an Ace would play. For example if you make a pot sized bet and he flat calls, that may mean that he has an Ace with a small kicker, but if he raises all in, it could mean that he has an Ace with a large kicker, or that he has 2 pairs, or maybe trips. The most important question, then, is whether the opponent seems to be scared by the Ace or not.

But the important question is not just whether you win the pot, but how much of your stack you are putting at risk on this hand versus looking for better opportunities to get all your chips in.

Often it will seem that opponents are lucky with draws when betting against the odds, but then again, the lesson to be learned is that opponents in Replay Poker will never fold flush draws, even when the odds are against them, so perhaps it is better to keep pots small until the river when it becomes apparent whether any draws have come home, at which point you can assess the probability of opponent having a winning hand.

On the other hand, if you are pursuing draws, then it pays to fold when the pot odds are not in your favor, unless you are small stacked, in which case you may decide to go for the double up or be eliminated.

Ultimately poker is a game of deception, so the ability to deceive opponents is incredibly important.

4 Likes

No.
From the tournaments I mentioned that don’t earn tournament points(3 tournaments, or 2 if I’m wrong about the 20k ticket satellite tournaments) it’s everyone who don’t earns tournament points whatever is your place.
On all other tournaments even if you don’t make a paid seat you will earn some tournament points, and of course the winners a lot more.