CONTEST - I play poker because ___

In one of our recent blog posts, @Alan25main detailed why he thinks poker stands out among other games.

For this month’s contest, and a chance to win 100,000 chips, we’d like to know what makes poker special to you.

Finish the sentence! “I play poker because …”

Five participants will be randomly selected to win 100,000 chips! If this contest receives more than 100 unique replies, we’re bumping it up to ten winners.

This contest will close on September 28th, so get your answers in before the deadline. Looking forward to hearing why poker is your game of choice!

6 Likes

I wanted to learn game after watching WSOP. now its addictive

3 Likes

Because of the fun i have with my mates.

2 Likes

It requires thinking and using skills that I have always had and now have the opportunity to utilize, improve, and display them in a competitive and entertaining way. But I started online after seeing Chris Moneymaker win the WSOP Main Event, and WON the entry seat on a Pokerstars Satellite event online. And that’s how it started with a sense of seriousness being a crucial motivator for me, to take it seriously.

2 Likes

I play poker because it is a great psichologycal game

3 Likes

Becuase on Thursday night in a small town in rural Oregon. I want to be a god at our table and kick every ones ass .

2 Likes

I was taught the game by a somewhat older friend some 66 years ago. I took to it immediately and have played it regularly thru elementry school , middle, High school. and college. I am now 74 and still love it. Also a big plus is that it is good mind exercise as we get older.

2 Likes

I have good friends and like to see then on a daily basis

6 Likes

After a successful open-heart surgery last year, I play poker to enjoy life, as I am making others miserable. Celebrate Life, Play Poker!

2 Likes

I play poker because you never know from day to day how your cards are going to fall, Some days you get in the right situations at the exact right time with the exact right cards and win alot of chips, that really helps in tourneys especially. When things go just right you will find yourself sitting at the final table and you never know when that may be. When will your cards get FLAMING hot. Will it be the tourney or ring game your playing in right now? maybe so, good luck

2 Likes

Poker is like chess, in chess it is more skill but in poker you also have luck on your side! For me I played a lot of chess in my youth, tournaments, Swedish championships and stuff, it is in recent years that I slipped into poker, I got stuck at once !! It’s such a sophisticated game !!! Why do I play !! It’s addictive, so I’m glad Replay is there !! But to feel that you are in the game, you have the flow, the feeling of winning so maybe the simple answer is to win !! But just playing the game of poker, the most beautiful game and it’s social, you make friends who feel like you !! Poker rules !! win or lose !!

4 Likes

I play poker because my cat, Ginger, gives me good advice on most hands.

4 Likes

developing brain power

2 Likes

I play poker cause I love the adrenaline

1 Like

I play poker because …… … Thanks to him, a very important change was made this last time in our existence, we are a married couple of 76 and 75 years old, strong assets and with a clear mind, but this pandemic could have affected us if not Being that we are always looking for something different for our life, and we find it in Online Poker, This game is undoubtedly in the same category as the other two greats, Chess and Bridge, and it caught us from the first moment, not only for the fun but also because it has something that makes it compelling. I think that Poker symbolizes the American spirit and that for a long time, not for something, in the Wild West it was the favorite game of the Cowboys, the “Cowboys” the equivalent of our “gauchos” and although the current one has changed a lot , the essence remains the same, already within a more civilized framework. Intelligence, ability, courage, opportunity, and above all perseverance and self-confidence, are the fundamental conditions for success. In my particular case, a fact that strongly impacted my mind was that without having too broad a knowledge, nor Too much experience, I have participated in tournaments with a huge number of participants, most of them being North Americans who are the best players and I finished in the first places and even won some smaller ones, but it also made my esteem grow. We feel with my wife very happy to be able to stand at a poker table and face whatever it is. I thank Poker Replay for its existence and I will try to improve as much as possible, that goal will help us a lot in this stage of our life as full and fruitful as it was in the beginnin

4 Likes

Because robbing banks is illegal.

6 Likes

I play poker because it’s a great game, it challenges my mind and keeps it sharp and when I play on Replay Poker I get to have fun with friends here that I wouldn’t normally get to see in person.

I am thankful…

5 Likes

when i was 8or 9 my uncle mike and uncle let me learn from them we played 2cent 4 cent 7 card stud. this would happen 2-3x a mouth.my uncle mike gave me the best advice ever. he said if you cant afford to lose you dont sit down at the table.as i got older they let me play in there normal game 50cent dollar 2$$ on the last card.so i have been playing for over 55 years now.

I play poker because it’s a game that feeding my ego … I think that is the inside reason why I play. Also I play because I have a desease and I get fun.

I play poker because hitting people is frowned upon !!

I love poker !

I play poker because…it is an exciting blend of strategy, luck, aggression and lying, er, bluffing. You never know if your dog of a hand will flop a full house, or if your pair of aces is worthless. Keeps me thinking, frustrates me and makes me laugh. I also enjoy the banter and sportsmanship of fellow players. Great way to enjoy some competition at my kitchen table.

1 Like