CONTEST - Write your poker epitaph

THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED. THANKS TO ALL FOR PARTICIPATING!

We have a new type of contest for you this month! Write a poker-themed epitaph.

I’ll randomly draw five participants who will receive 100,000 chips, but YOU get to vote on your favorites as well! By clicking the heart on the post, tell us which one(s) you like most. You can vote on as many as you’d like. The winner will get to choose their choice of Replay swag! (T-shirt, cap, beanie, or mug.)

Alan25main submitted this idea, and I’ll leave the explanation in his own words:

“One of my “real” poker playing friends is nicknamed “Ace.” He moved to Las Vegas a few years ago, but lived in central Massachusetts when this happened. At his 60th birthday party some years ago, the question was asked: “Now that you’re old, what would you like for your epitaph?” Ace thought for a minute and said: “I’ll sit this hand out.” I asked “Wouldn’t you cash in, first?” Before he could reply, another friend–an even older fart than either of us–piped up “Ace in the hole!” and brought down the whole table.
Make up the best poker player’s epitaph you can think of. When the entry period ends, we players vote for the best one. And, no one can use “Ace in the hole,” even if your name IS Ace.”

I’ll tally everything up on Tuesday, August 27th. If there’s a tie, I’ll share the top answers with staff, and we’ll act as the tiebreakers!

Best of luck and happy writing! :spades::clubs::ghost::heart::diamonds:

2 Likes

They told me to fold AA88. But no, I had to go all-in. It worked every time before.

1 Like

.I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am

1 Like

The Knave of Hearts, I stole some pots.

1 Like

I could not bluff my way out of this one…

10 Likes

He went all in.

6 Likes

RIVERED

7 Likes

Here lies Nic,he died a slow death waiting for some %&^#*% to play

2 Likes

Here lies a sinner
He only had a small pair but he played them like Aces…

4 Likes

here lies the gambler
beating by the Queen of Hearts :heart:

1 Like

The club killed me but it was the spade that buried me

15 Likes

My full house got royally flushed.

7 Likes

Hi @fizzymint
Are we allowed multiple entries? Or just one per person?

1 Like

His heart busted, now he needs a spade

4 Likes

Felted

1 Like

Buried by a spade on the river.

3 Likes

with your heart at the game, and buying diamonds after fame.
then the undertaker with the spade came, and the club was all to blame.

2 Likes

" she timed out "

15 Likes

Unfortunately, his life was like his poker, his best hands went unplayed.

7 Likes

I folded.

4 Likes