Charming attitude

@joda123

FYI, this is supposed to be a friendly poker playing site. There really is no reason for someone to be hostile when playing any of the games. Btw, I grew up playing against players who liked to taunt other players especially when they made a bad beat. Maybe that’s why it doesn’t bother me.

6 Likes

Hey chipsmama, may I suggest some sort of “911” button to be used in cases of extreme abuse, as we have all seen. Maybe just geared to alert mods and reps?
There are, as you said, very few of us to look after a lot of tables. It is a pain to pull up the particular player, hit the report button, fill in the blanks, and all the while missing your dealt hands. Just an idea. Might include a large chip deduction for a bogus report.

6 Likes

Well you HAVE tto report that player for sure

2 Likes

I was just too dumbfounded Howie. Then I got upset and sat out. When I got my wits together it was too late.

3 Likes

I kinda like the idea & suggestion and I’ve basically mentioned similar previously. A 911 call or a “table flag” option - or whatever you want to call it - that will send an alert out to all MODS & RP staff, even player reps.

It could be an opt in for players that want to have this feature to moderate better and easier. Charge 1BB for ring and tournament entry fee for to 911 call or flag table. Its a very small price to get an easier and more prompt action for the table. Or add it as a bonus for Premium Membership and for Player reps etc.

If players abuse it then disable it from their account as an option, similar from muting a player! If u make it a Premium Member bonus and/or add a small FEE I doubt many will try to make bogus reports if comes with a small price.

There is a lot of other issues than just abuse! There is cheating and time wasting trolls too. Bugs and glitches too!

Tonight I had a player timing out 90% of timer - waiting for it to get to the red - pre flop, flop, turn and river! This makes every hand stupidly slow and torture and ruins the game for all involved! Sometimes players will admonish this player for this behaviour or sometimes many will just leave.

Sounds like you are describing yourself there.

6 Likes

We have charming attitude in our midst. :melting_face:

6 Likes

I totally understand.

Thanks Howie

1 Like

Based on your statement. it sounds like you might be one of those rude players.

5 Likes

May I remind you all of the Forum Community Guidelines?

Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree

You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:

• Name-calling.
  • Attacking a person rather than addressing an opinion.
  • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
  • Knee-jerk contradiction.
  • Gratuitous negativity.

This discussion concened attitudes at the table, and please can we keep it that way rather then becomming another “charming attitude”
Thank you.

6 Likes

I like this idea @will_lira, and I’ll make sure to pass this along to the rest of the Team.

2 Likes

" anyone else run up against this " Ah, yes all of the time !! I commented on something like this awhile back questioning the claim that this is the friendliest Poker Site online. I don’t think it is, actually it’s not friendly at all as you pointed out !! There’s the guy you are talking about and then theres oh, probably another 300 or so players that are just nasty, rude sick individuals just like your guy you were pointing out. Then there is another 300 who are just plain rude. Do the math :slight_smile:

1 Like

300 out of over 300,000 isn’t that bad. I just ignore them. Eventually they go away or get tossed. I’ve seen a lot in 8 years here.

4 Likes

There could be a flag button on chatbox, chatbox can be used to write a short message, and a send button to send it to Moderators. And the table knows the table number, not needed to type it. The bad player can be selected on table.
Select player, click flag, type “bad words”, click send. Very easy to do while playing.

4 Likes

Great Idea, and show link to the table in question, immediately to a mod or rep

1 Like

Thanks for providing your suggestions @Poki65 and @Litenin! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Best idea so far.

1 Like

Sounds like a winning idea to me. Easy Peasy :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Lemon squeezy.

2 Likes