Beware of COVID Pass scams

Beware of COVID Pass scams
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/scams/2021/08/beware-of-covid-pass-scams/?utm_source=double-opt-in&utm_medium=email-internal-b2c&utm_campaign=EM-B2C-2021-August-newsletter-Issue2&utm_content=beware-of-covid-pass-scams
This attack is aimed at residents of the UK. It makes use of social engineering in a similar fashion to other pandemic-themed SMS texts, with a strong psychological aspect tied in for good measure.
This one works as follows: SMS messages are sent to unsuspecting individuals. The linked site is HTTPs, to give that added sheen of “this is the real website, because it’s got a padlock”. Hopefully you know that a padlock does not mean you can trust a website, many don’t. The site design imitates the usual look and feel of NHS websites, specifically those related to COVID-19. Here’s an example of the real thing. [several screenshots of questions are shown next] The scammers ask for a lot of details across multiple pages, beginning with “the exact name used when you registered with your GP surgery”. From there, they ask for date of birth, post code, and an address where they can deliver “your Covid pass credentials to be registered on our NHS app”. After this, they request “a payment of £4.99 to process your Covid Pass application”. [There are currently no “Covid Passes” anywhere I know of in the USA, but it looks as if they’re common in the UK. Use your best judgement. Alan25main]

5 Likes

It’s available in some states. For example, in California you can get a digital version of your COVID vaccination record from the state government (it’s free):

All you have to do is take a picture of your vaccination card with your phone. Hard copies of Counterfeit vaccination cards in Rhode Island are selling for $25 :flushed: and then you need another one for the booster shot next month. What a scam !!!

in Italy we have a kind of covid pass and it is called the green pass

1 Like

some one jumped on the band wagon early and is now earning vast amounts from unsuspecting people ( god aint we gullible as a race) i registered online with nhs health qapp now every month i get a 28 day home test kit 7 tests 1 to be done every 4 days then you go on line key in search bar covid home test results and it brings you to the NHS site to register your details (1st time only) when it gets to the barcode you scan it and every thing about that test kit is registered which YOU NEED if you want to go abroad as they now ask for your last three months test results so because your registered every test is logged for futer reference it takes 10 minutes to do and at the end of it you know if your clear or not peace of mind i think more than out else every chemist in the UK including those in the likes of Tesco , A msda etc stock the tests and you can walk into any chemist and get a months supply

1 Like

Does any one know how America are getting on with the jabs I heard they where struggling to get the jabs which surprises me as we are allies I would of thought that was the UK main priority sorting out there so called freinds just goes to show dont it what a savage world we are living in

1 Like

that’s because the younger generation 16+ are refusing to have the jab well they are here in the UK so its open season for forgers to come up with some thing

1 Like

It’s time that RPP starts to ask for proof of vaccination in order to stop the spread !

1 Like