Sorry to anyone at the tables

There’s a troll who’s been following me around this site for a few days now. Any time I sit at a table he starts flooding the chat with very offensive language and threats of physical violence. Today he also started posting links to malware sites.

I know he is targeting me specifically and his reasons for doing this are unclear. He demands that I leave the table and will not stop flooding the chat until I stop playing, and continues harassing myself and others who are present. He stops when I eventually leave at a time that suits me.

My apologies to anyone who has witnessed his chat messages and finds them distressing. But I cannot and will not cave to this troll and stop playing.

The moderators have been very responsive in dealing with him, lildevil109 in particular has been very helpful. Thank you.

8 Likes

You are not the only one , he has been doing it to me since Dec and is also doing it to a few other players.

2 Likes

Should be barred Sorry to hear this.

2 Likes

Psychopaths can use computers, too. Pretty sure we’re all familiar with this particular one, and sorry you’re dealing with the brunt of it. Best thing we can all do - until the we get a “mute” control in the chat - is ignore him until he gets bored - make it like he doesn’t exist, and he might as well not exist. I’ve been guilty of engaging with him for my own twisted (at times) sense of entertainment, but promise to never respond to him again.

In an odd way, he is to be pitied.

3 Likes

Snce they are using VPNs, it’s hard to stop them.

Give us the ability to mute spectators and the problem becomes more manageable.

6 Likes

He/She has been disgusting to many of us. I reported 3 or 4 of the accounts made. It seems as soon as Replay banned the spammer accounts, a new one was created. Yes, when they use VPN it is very hard to stop them. I can’t thank Replay Support enough as they have quickly responded. & removed those accounts. Have not heard any other obscene remarks from him/or her today, hopefully they got this person & we can get back to chatting to our team mates or friends again. Unwanted rude, obscene spectators not fun, but when watching our teams play or friends we do like to cheer them on.

8 Likes

Sometimes no one replies to any chats when I’m playing, and there are other times where there is some friendly banter, but other times you do get obnoxious asses that take the fun out of playing and are only there to do just that. It can’t be that hard to create a chat where it’s possible to block an individual person without having to mute the entire chat.

2 Likes

Muting individule players is the best idea… i like to go say Hi and GL to my friends when they are at another table

Hi @unskilld and to everyone who had the same experience. There is an option to mute particular players if they’re being inappropriate, please check the article we wrote about this topic: https://help.replaypoker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002231833-Muting-another-player-

Also, our team, particularly our moderators have been working on getting spammers/trolls under control, but it is important that you also report them so we have proper documentation about players’ behavior on the tables. Thank you everyone for keeping Replay Poker a welcoming community.

9 Likes

This only works if the player is seated at the table. If the player is spectating there is no such option

6 Likes

Yes @unskilld you are correct - and we recognize this problem. Our Team has disabled chat on tournaments for spectators as a temporary measure to help curtail persistent trolls in chat.

7 Likes

Good to know! Well done.

4 Likes

Yes, you can, If you do a search of the spectator player’s name, Click on his name & report abuse. That’s how Replay responds so quickly to remove, especially in this case.

5 Likes

Replay may I ask that while attempting to mute spectators that you somehow can let us know who the spectator is. So that when we hit that with our cursers that the names show, but only for a second or two. Would not want to see for entire length of game.Thanks my faith in ya’ll is without limits. I realize that one can see those that post, I refer to all that observe just to clear ones curiosity.

3 Likes

This was posted in a thread already that it is in the works.

1 Like

Thanks didn’t read it all my bad.

1 Like

My only suggestion at this point is to change your screen name. He may track you down again but that would give you some breathing room. This issue has become a big problem for Replay and they are doing their best but I doubt if the problem is really solvable. A good friend of mine had one of these maniacs show up at our table recently and we all shut down the chat until he left and reasoned we would not engage him in the future. Currently Replay has suspended all chat to try to control this thing.

5 Likes

I agree - replay is trying their best to solve situation - just realize - if we are all annoyed at this guy for whats happening - Replay is way past that feeling .

6 Likes

I totally agree, Replay is doing their best, and will continue to do whatever is necessary to stop this.
We just need to be patient and let Replay prevail.
Keep an eye out, and make sure we report any strange and unusual activity.

7 Likes

unskilld handled the whole affair as a gentleman