Betting a large amount of chips prior to flop on 100/200 table

Has anyone played any Rebuy MTT’s with unlimited rebuys for the first xx minutes? These players should just play these types of MTT’s or they learned the Bingo basics from them.

1 Like

Hi Smooth99, I also agree with you too regarding those players that do that. Every table that I get on that has those players, I have to leave. It is not fun. Thank you for your feedback.

1 Like

Whats a “large amount” I’ve seen people get angry over 3 big blinds. If you’re not fairly regularly raising the pre-flop you’re not playing good poker.

1 Like

I think that Replay can limit rebuys for “Bingo” players or they can let winning player keep over 1000 " Bingo" chips and improve their ranking.

I agree it ruins the game, but since it’s within the rules, about all you can do is change tables.

Tight table: loosen up. Loose table: tighten up. I think every poker player has heard that.

So the way I handle a player like that is to fold, fold, fold some more, and then re-raise him huge when I have a hand, sometimes just jam all in. And whatever you do, don’t bluff this person. That’ll inevitably be the ONE time he’s got a real hand.

Just my 2 cents in the pot….

Good luck at the tables.

2 Likes

Never bluff these types of players because they will never fold.

2 Likes

Hi Gr8Flop. Thank you for the information Good luck to you on the tables as well,.

I find taking their chips to be relatively effective.

Back when I started on the site, I probably played at much lower stakes than most just to be able comfortably cope with the volatility styles like this generate. But with enough chips, far from being an uncomfortable experience, it becomes a welcome pleasure.

2 Likes

This has been discussed forever in here, including myself. Most of these bingo players know its annoying but don’t really care. It is what it is. Nothing against the rules, it just ruins the experience for others on the same table. Its pretty common in Freerolls, but not so much in the ticket tourneys. So I try to play the ticket tourneys whenever I get a chance.

1 Like

My two cents:
there are several solutions:
a) let´s all sit out when a clown like this starts spoiling our table, the he will leave.
b) ask developers to add a feature of a player who serves a table to be able to kick that player out, even declare him as ¨not acceptable when I´m serving a table¨ (easy to program this feature and helpful even when that player have an unappropiate behaviour before9
c) ask developer to set MINIMUM bets and MAXIMUM pre-flop raises

1 Like

Pot limit tables do just that: setting limits on pre-flop.

4 Likes

Everyone complaining about the all in should not be sitting at a no limit able. I know it is a pain in the arse when someone goes all in every single time but it a no limit table…go to pot limit and stop crying like a baby. Hipocl
es saying other players should be able to kick someone off table because they don’t like the style of their “play” sounds like a dictatorship lol.
GL at the tables and hagd!

2 Likes

An even better solution might be to require a minimum bankroll to play at the higher limit tables.

A guy with 17k in his bankroll should not be sitting at a 100k tourney imho.

Another poker site that I loved for years used this system and it worked well. [Poker Academy] ‘Yahoos’ never earned there way out of free rolls. While they did that, the players that respected the game enjoyed our contests at upper levels.

2 Likes

Why not ? Every player has the right to play at any table. If they don’t have the chips they have the option of buying more. Everyone starts somewhere.

4 Likes

As I stated above: “in my humble opinion”.
This thread tends to be about the “quality” of play.

Read any book on poker, and they’ll discuss bankroll. Further, they’ll discuss how much of your bankroll you should (or should not) gamble with.

If you respect bankroll, and respect the game, a limit to your buy-in is one that most players could live with pretty easily, no? If you don’t respect your bankroll’s limitations, then perhaps you shouldn’t be allowed to buy-in to a high limit tourney.

Again, just my opinion.

1 Like

Hi hipocles. Thank you for your feedback.

Hi Howie_Long. I agree, it is what it is. Thank you for your feedback.

You don’t need to school me on poker and you don’t need to tell players not to buy chips. Some need to build a bankroll and how they do it is none of your business. Replay provides opportunity to everyone. Adjust your gameplay if you don’t like it.

Just my opinion

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Your Poker Story