4 @mayo_1506
5 @CactusKatie
6 @capnsmallie
7 @Respectfully
8 @LuckyNakita
9 @holoholo420
Players 10 @Pkrhontas
OFFICIAL LEADERBOARD LINK - 1st Quarter of 2024 | Donks

With the Donks tournaments now exceeding 3 plus hours I feel it is time to adjust the Starting Chips and Blind intervals. I believe we can do this without any adverse effect on the tournaments.

Henceforth, the Starting Chips will be 5000 and the blind intervals will be 8 minutes.

Good luck on the tables :slight_smile:

1 Like

Reducing the starting stack and decreasing the blind intervals will make the games more random and less enjoyable. It goes against this leagueā€™s mission of fostering high-quality poker.

Over last 20 league games, not a single tournament was running over 3 hours. In fact, most were closer to 2 hours than 3.

2 Likes

Sorry BW, I simply donā€™t agree. Before making the decision, I looked at tournaments in other Leagues involving similar player numbers. All are very successful, enjoyable tournaments and all have 8-minute blinds with starting chips of 5000 or less.

I accept that my 3-hour assertion is, it seems, an exaggeration, but only a small one. With player numbers increasing, we will give the 3 hour barrier a big shove soon.

Regardless, the decision has been made, and the tournament structures amended. Iā€™m confident it will be successful. If not, Iā€™ll revisit it.

Iā€™m concerned that blindly adopting the tournament structures of other leagues without considering our own unique objectives and membership profile may not serve our best interests. Our leagueā€™s mission is to cultivate high-quality poker, and simply emulating the formats of other leagues may compromise that goal. We must prioritize the preferences and expectations of our members. Itā€™s regrettable that the decision to amend the tournament structures was made on such short notice and without seeking input from the entire membership. Their perspectives could have provided valuable insights and helped ensure that any changes made were in line with their expectations.

In summary, youā€™ve unilaterally altered the blind structure of our league games without any valid justification, relying on a false premise, and failing to consult the membership.

1 Like

I think these changes are long overdue, well thought out, and might even restore the league to being elite

1 Like

I believe these changes will ultimately achieve what Lyle envisions. Also, if Iā€™m not mistaken, the previous Organizer never consulted the membership on anythingā€¦oh thatā€™s right, there were never any changes. Kudos to Lyle for taking the ball, in this case Donkā€™s, and running with itā€¦

2 Likes

Looking at this insighful chart, it seems you mixed apples and oranges. Omaha and knockout games and hall of fame games are different animals; as eliminations, game play and number of players are vastly different and skew the stats. the nine Sunday/Wednesday games DID average just under 2 hours 35 minutes for the 9 games.

2 Likes

My decision was based on my experience as a Player, my experience as a Donk, my experience as a League organizer, on the thoughts of my advisory panel and with the league objectives in mind.

BW, as you know, this League was undeniably on the verge of collapse because no one wanted to manage it. Now itā€™s my job, not yours. I will always do what I feel is the best for the League. I have a history of listening, I will consult when necessary, Iā€™m not afraid to make a mistake and Iā€™m not afraid to make a decision.

The test will be in the tasting, please take a sip :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are indeed mistaken. I conducted multiple surveys among the entire membership, ensuring their voices were heard.

Furthermore, my past role as the league organizer is irrelevant to the current discussion. Your cheap attempts to undermine my contributions are unnecessary and unproductive.

Your emphasis on the Sunday/Wednesday games misses the mark. @flashlightā€™s justification for the tournament format changes was based on the false premise of games exceeding the three-hour mark, which none of the cited games did, not even the 9 regular Wednesday/Sunday games.

I find it peculiar that you felt the need to emphasize this. My posts have never implied any desire to resume managing the league; Iā€™m perfectly content with not being involved in its management anymore. However, this doesnā€™t mean I forfeit my right to voice concerns about the leagueā€™s current trajectory. My intention is solely to contribute to discussions about the leagueā€™s direction.

2 Likes

Well, concerning the leagues directionā€¦combining the 2 tiers was indeed a wise decision and the new concepts implemented by Lyle I believe send Donks in a new and better direction. These will be exciting timesā€¦

Replying respectfully as you kindly replied to me. I do believe flashlight typed his ā€˜over three hourā€™ assertion was an exaggeration. I also believe lumping 25 person Omaha games and 18 person ā€˜Hall of fameā€™ games into 55 person Hold em games is a disingenuous twisting of statistics to suit a cause. Your claim most were closer to two hours than three is a truly Trumpian twist on reality once Omaha/special games are eliminated. Bottom line, I THINK the goal was to keep the two a day game format from becoming a commitment of 5.5 to 6 hours for those wishing to play both afternoon and evening sessions. If this was not the goal, I stand corrected.

1 Like
Top 10
The -BlackWidow Cup- March 3rd
1 @LV52s
2 @CactusKatie
3 @GSOPhil
4 @bdtillman
5 @Shadowone
6 @snitty
7 @MCcats
8 @Rockit
9 @Clueless1
Players 10 @boatdrinks
Top 10
The LadyCon Cup - March 3rd
1 @flashlight
2 @Josianne
3 @Grateful_ed
4 @Hawkus1962
5 @KirbyMuckIt
6 @capnsmallie
7 @southwestmba
8 @yud76
9 @mimi65
Players 10 @RavenL

I would like to get some idea how many fellow Donks visit our forum pages, and how often.

This will help me and my co-organizer to determine the best way to communicate with you all.

If you are a Donks member please complete this Poll

• I visit this chat every day
  • I visit this chat at least once every 2 days
  • I visit this chat at least once every 3 days
  • I visit this chat at least once a week
0 voters
Top 10
The chuckcox Champions Cup March 4th
1 @Panther101
2 @CactusKatie
3 @pokerrick
4 @Grizy-