Badonk's Stables League Results and Updates

This thread is for reports and updates from the league organisers

New Forum for Donk’s Tournament Results and League Announcements
Hello Donks,
All the Donks have enjoyed reading the many fun loving social chat posts on our Forum and are looking forward to reading more. To enable all our Donks to more easily access the important league announcements, we have started this new Forum which is intended only for leaderboard updates and important special announcements.

6 Likes

LEADERBOARD UPDATES AFTER TOURNAMENTS HELD ON December 23, 2020
To view the current leaderboards for these tiers, first click on that tier’s bold blue lettering below.
Then click on the LeaderBoard tab at the bottom of that screen.

GOLDEN DONKS - Badonk’s MTT 496, 498

SILVER DONKS - Badonk’s MTT 497, 499

Hee Hawl of Fame Tournament of Champions - Badonk’s MTT 493

1 Like

LEADERBOARD UPDATES AFTER TOURNAMENTS HELD ON December 24, 2020
To view the current leaderboards for these tiers, first click on that tier’s bold blue lettering below.

GOLDEN DONKS - Badonk’s MTT 496, 498

SILVER DONKS - Badonk’s MTT 497, 499

Hee Hawl of Fame Tournament of Champions - Badonk’s MTT 500

Note: Today’s game in the Hee Hawl of Fame league was not an official game; it was marked on our schedule as a Bye week game, due to it falling on Christmas Eve. But we played a game anyway; it just will not count for the leaderboard calculations. Which, the Tournament of Champions leaderboard is just for fun anyway, no special honors for winning this relaxing friendly series for our champions.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Badonk’s Donks Stables Social Chat

LEADERBOARD UPDATES AFTER TOURNAMENTS HELD ON December 27, 2020

GOLDEN DONKS - Badonk’s MTT 501

SILVER DONKS - Badonk’s MTT 502

REMINDER: Final games for each of our tournament series will receive a 1.3x multiplier to the tournament points earned.

LEADERBOARD UPDATES AFTER TOURNAMENTS HELD ON December 30, 2020

GOLDEN DONKS - Badonk’s MTT 503, 505

SILVER DONKS - Badonk’s MTT 504, 506

REMINDER: Final games for each of our tournament series will receive a 1.3x multiplier to the tournament points earned.

Congratulations to our newest Crown Donks who have earned enshrinement into the Hee Hawl of Fame:

â™”SarahFra (Sunday Silver)
♔♔kaasea (Wed3 Silver, Composite Silver)
â™”10dick1498 (Wed9 Silver)

â™”pompeyb120 (Sunday Gold)
â™”pokerrick (Wed3 Gold)
♔♔Dorkupine (Wed9 Gold, Composite Gold)

And to our newest Golden Donks, who earned promotion through their outstanding play this quarter:

1. SarahFra
  2. Sergente21
  3. Hawkus1962
  4. tatsel
  5. nelson1952
  6. Johnoliver
  7. 10dick1498
  8. Husky11
  9. dingbuhau
  10. kaasea
  11. Daveinc
  12. snowman

Way to go!

3 Likes

4th Quarter Honors

Congratulations to the following 7 Donks who have earned crowns by winning leaderboard championships:

â™”-BlackWidow- (Hee Hawl of Fame)

â™”pompeyb120 (Sunday Gold)

â™”pokerrick (Wednesday 3pm ET Gold)

♔♔Dorkupine (Wednesday 9pm ET Gold and Composite Gold)

â™”SarahFra (Sunday Silver)

♔♔kaasea (Wednesday 3pm ET Silver and Composite Silver)

â™”10dick1498 (Wednesday 9pm ET Silver)

So starting in the 4th quarter of 2020, we are awarding Donk bracelets to our leaderboard champions who also earn crowns and are inducted into the Donk’s Hee Hawl of Fame. Of course, those who played in the Silver Tier during the 4th quarter are advancing to the Golden Tier. This graphic also depicts all the crowns that have been bestowed upon the bracelet recipient for this quarter as well as past quarters.

We also want to give special recognition and send a congratulations to @Dorkupine for becoming the first Donk to ever accumulate 4 crowns!

@_Snowman, thank you for all your hard work to make these bracelet graphics.

In addition to these Leaderboard champions, we also want to recognize and congratulate these 9 former Silver Donks who also performed well during the 4th quarter and are advancing to the Golden Donks Tier:
In no particular order
@Sergente21
@Hawkus1962
@tatsel
@nelson1952
@Johnoliver
@Husky11
@dingbuhau
@Daveinc
@_snowman
Congratulations to all 15 of you for such an outstanding performance during the entire 4th quarter!
Your new tournament lobby and fellow Golden Donk members can be found here:
https://www.replaypoker.com/leagues/14

My apologies to the champions of the Sunday and Wednesday Leaderboards for the delay in making this announcement, but we wanted to unveil these bracelets to all 7 recipients at the same time.

2 Likes

JANUARY’s DONK OF THE MONTH

On the 1st of each month, we recognize one of our Donks who has either 1) made significant contributions of service to the league or 2) demonstrated exceptionally good poker skills or 3) had a strong positive influence on the membership. We have many Golden and Silver members who are worthy of this recognition, so each month it becomes more and more difficult to select one Donk of the Month.

Nonetheless, our January 2021 Donk of the Month is deemed most deserving, because this Donk checked all the boxes by assisting new Donks while serving as one of our Ambassadors and by playing very impressive poker during the entire quarter, but especially during the month of December when she went on a tear and had 3 finishes of 1st place and placed 4th or better a staggering 56% of the tournaments that she entered. She won the Sunday leaderboard, thereby earning her the championship crown and an induction into our Hee Hawl of Fame with her remarkable come from behind (worst place to first place) victory in the final Sunday tournament of the quarter. Furthermore, during the quarter, she made it to the final table an impressive half of the tournaments she entered, which earned her a 3rd place finish on the Composite Leader Board. Her remarkable poker skills are to say the least, noteworthy, and epitomizes what it means to play like a Donk. Just imagine how much better her stats would have been had she been able to play more often and take advantage of our “Best 9” scoring system, but she was unable to enter many tournaments during the quarter due to the fact that she works two jobs. We are proud to announce that it is SarahFra who is most deserving of the January 2021 Donk of the Month Award. Oh, wait a minute. Her second job you ask? Motherhood.

So add a deserving SarahFra to our list of previous Donks of the Month:
April 2020 - chuckcox
May 2020 - puggywug
June 2020 - Badonkidonk
July 2020 - MCcats
August 2020 - sugarblossom
September 2020 - LadyCon
October 2020 - snowman
November 2020 - 12beat22
December 2020 - boyd2

And to this prestigious list, now please add:
January 2021 - SarahFra

5 Likes

DONK OF THE YEAR

After a year in a real world which has certainly had it’s challenges, thanks to a suggestion by 12beat22, we are happy and proud to announce to our virtual Donk world that annually we will be recognizing a “Donk of the Year” who has taken on tough challenges and performed exceedingly well during the entire year…

…AND we are also happy and proud to announce that the first recipient of this annual award goes to somebody for their astonishing accomplishments during the entire year by winning all 4 quarterly League Challenge Championships in the Team Play Poker League!

In early 2020, two Donks decided to take on the challenge of competing in the novel concept of team poker, so they sought other Donks who were equally inspired by the challenge. All were determined to exemplify the elite poker skills of our Donks by competing against established veteran teams from other leagues that were already experienced participants in this different type of poker. Undaunted, Team Donks quickly adapted to the very unique strategies that were required in this weekly Saturday event. From the closest possible win in their championship match of the first quarter, which came down to just a few points in the final game, the team kept improving and won championships in the next three quarters in a more decisive manner against a formidable TPP host team. This ultimately made them the 2020 League Challenge Champions. Some of the members needed to leave the team for various reasons, while others have just joined and are still learning the ropes. However, all have contributed to this extraordinary accomplishment and are deserving of the 1st Annual Donk of the Year Award and this associated ring.

The co-captains are MCcats and boyd2 and the current members are SarahFra, pokerrick, Husky11, ghomer, FatnSassy, chuckcox, ChicagoSerbs, ahured, 12beat22, snowman, Sergente21, yud76 and razylee. The other 2020 past members were sugarblossom, dbfbear582, GQboi22, LOVELAKELIVIN, crum1850, panther101 and goatsoup. Congratulations to this fine mix of Golden and Silver Donks. I am proud to present all 22 of you with these fine Donk of the Year rings that have been designed by who else, but our very own snowman.

Without any doubt, after dedicating their efforts for the entire year, Team Donks is most worthy of this first annual award after having established a dynasty in the League Challenge Tournaments of the Team Play Poker League.

I also want to give a special personal recognition to the co-captains to whom I feel indebted for taking on this challenge without a bit of help from me and who have worked diligently to ensure the success of Team Donks. Your efforts have provided an increased bond among all Donks League members and given our elite Donks League even more recognition throughout the entire Replay site. Thank you, @MCcats and @boyd2

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Badonk’s Donks Stables Social Chat

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT COULDN’T GET ANY BETTER…

Here are 7 league improvements for the 1st QUARTER OF 2021:

1. THERE ARE NOW FOUR WEEKLY TOURNAMENTS!
    Thanks to all of you who responded to our scheduling survey from a few weeks ago. As a result of your feedback, we will be adding a 4th weekly tournament on Sundays at 3pm. There will be a leaderboard for this new weekly tournament, however it is provisional – meaning it will not yet count toward advancement or leaderboard championships or Hee Hawl of Fame induction. If the league membership shows sufficient participation in the new tournament, it will be become permanently sanctioned like all our other established weekly series, but no sooner than at the end of the first quarter. OUR CURRENT SUNDAYS at 7pm ET, WEDNESDAYS at 3pm ET and 9 pm ET will remain unchanged.

2. ADVANCEMENT PLAN TO GOLDEN TIER –
    A record-breaking 12 players advanced to our Golden Tier last quarter. Due to a reduce Silver Tier membership, we shall only advance 6 Silver Donks to the Golden Donks Tier in the 1st quarter. They shall be the champions of our 3 weekly leaderboards, plus the next 3 highest point takers on the Composite board who are not already advancing by winning a weekly leaderboard crown.

3. FINAL WEEK MULTIPLIER -
    The often-confusing, much-debated points multiplier for the final week of the quarter shall be abolished. There will be much rejoicing.

4. NEW MEMBER CRITERIA -
    The current criteria for new nominees is that they must be referred by an existing Donks League member and have a ranking better than 3000. Starting this quarter, exceptions will be allowed from time to time at the discretion of the Advisory Board in the event of a worthy nominee who has skills or qualifications deemed essential for league management.

5. 1st QUARTER SCHEDULE -
    There shall be a total of 48 tournaments this quarter. There will be 12 again for each of the 3 weekly established tournaments and 12 more the Wednesday 3pm ET provisional tournament. There will be no tournaments on February 14th and 17th. Special events are being planned for those dates. Stay tuned for details! You won’t be disappointed.

6. THE HEE HAWL OF FAME TOURNAMENTS -
    These tournaments will be played at 7pm each Monday. All of the inductees of the Hee Hawl of Fame are invited plus each week we will also be inviting guests who qualify for this tournament by either winning one of the regular weekly tournaments that week, or by finishing in the money in the new Sunday 3pm ET tournament. The promotional invitation to the chip winners of the Wednesday 3pm ET tournament has now concluded, so thank you for participating and allowing us to sanction that new tournament.

7. Silver Tournament Buy-ins -
    The buy-ins for all the Silver Donk Tournaments will be reduced from 100K to 50K chips.

These are significant improvements that have been recommended by our new Advisory Board which was only formed in mid November. The Board consists of chuckcox, LadyCon, 12beat22, MCcats, Rosie2_SM and Sergente21 and is chaired by puggywug. I am very proud of what these 7 individuals have accomplished in a very short period of time and am looking forward to seeing more of their recommendations in the future to further improve our Donks League. If you like these improvements, be sure to thank these 7 Donks, because they have worked hard to get them implemented by the beginning of the 1st quarter (if you DON’T like them, blame me. I approved them).

2 Likes

LEADERBOARD UPDATES AFTER TOURNAMENTS HELD ON December 31, 2020

GOLDEN DONKS - Badonk’s MTT 503, 505

SILVER DONKS - Badonk’s MTT 504, 506

Hee Hawl of Fame Tournament of Champions - Badonk’s MTT 507

There was an error in the wording of the 5th of our 7 league improvements announced above and should read as follows:

1. 1st QUARTER SCHEDULE -
    There shall be a total of 48 tournaments this quarter. There will be 12 again for each of the 3 weekly established tournaments and 12 more the new Sunday 3pm ET provisional tournament. There will be no tournaments on February 14th and 17th. Special events are being planned for those dates. Stay tuned for details! You won’t be disappointed.

Thank you to one of my favorite Donks for keeping us straight by noticing this error.

2 Likes

LEADERBOARD UPDATES AFTER TOURNAMENTS HELD ON January 3, 2021

Note: I am debugging the Composite leaderboards and will un-hide them when they are ready for viewing.

GOLDEN DONKS - Badonk’s MTT 508, 510

SILVER DONKS - Badonk’s MTT 509, 511

I have been blessed with the opportunity of a lifetime to go on a 10-day bicycle adventure with my son in March. I have already started a pretty intensive training program which has me in the bicycle saddle 5-6 hours per day. Some of you have probably already noticed that I have not been as responsive as normal, because it has had a negative impact on handling my Donk responsibilities. This adventure will begin to consume more and more of my discretionary time, and it will soon become impossible for me to perform the league functions that all of you Donks deserve. For that reason, it has become necessary that I step down from being your League Organizer and Host.

I have chosen puggywug to be my successor and effective today, we will officially start the transition so that he is fully prepared to handle every aspect of the job. Although he’s already capable of the handling the responsibilities, I’ll be consulting with him between now and March during this transition period. Why pug? Five quarters ago, he joined the Donks and showed an initiative for leadership by quickly volunteering to redesign and takeover updating the league’s leaderboards. Since that time, we’ve exchanged many messages about matters pertaining to various ways to make improvements to the league. Pug’s ideas have almost always been in line with my own philosophy for what this league is and what it should become. I’ve come to recognize that he is an insightful, impartial, and fair-minded person who has consistently helped make the league what it is today. In short, he has my endorsement for taking over the responsibility of hosting the league. I am sure that he will bring some new fresh ideas to improve the overall online poker experience of all the Donks and I am confident that you’ll all support him as our new leader. It is a very time consuming task and he is deserving of all the help that all of you can afford him.

I love all of you and want you to know that it has been a pleasure and a privilege for me to serve as your League Organizer and Host for the past two and a half years. You have all been instrumental in helping the Donks League become what it is today. Thanks to you, this league has exceeded my greatest expectations since it was first conceived in June of 2018 and I am proud of what you have all created. The quality of both the poker and especially the members of this league just keeps getting better and better. When I return safely from my trip, it will be my pleasure to support puggywug, our new Donks League Organizer and Host. I am looking forward to the opportunity to compete against all of you at the tables as just another regular Donk.

Thank you again for all you have done to make this league the most elite league on Replay and in my opinion the best poker league on the entire planet.

9 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Badonk’s Donks Stables Social Chat

A post was merged into an existing topic: Badonk’s Donks Stables Social Chat

Greetings, Donks

Puggywug here. I wanted to wait a day for the news to get out and sink in before I started making announcements.

First, I want to say that I’m very pleased to see that the reception to B’s announcement has been very positive. Thank you to everyone, and to B for this opportunity and the honor to serve as the new league host, and to our advisory board for their support as we begin this transition.

Well, I certainly never expected any of this to happen. How did I get here? It’s been a journey… if you’ll indulge me, I’d like to tell the story.

So, @chuckcox sees me playing Astral League SNGs, near the top of the promotional leaderboards week after week, and invites me to join the league just after the start of the 3rd quarter of 2019. I’d heard about the Donks league, and it felt pretty good to be invited to join the league.

I place 5th in my first tournament, exiting on the bubble, but feel like I played well to finish at the final table in my first game. I had set a goal to see if I could qualify for promotion in my first quarter as a Silver Donk, or as we were known at that time, Grey Foal.

I had already missed the first two tournaments of the quarter, and knew it would be difficult to catch up. But I didn’t miss a single game for the rest of the term, and by the end of September, I did it, by placing 3rd in the final two tournaments of the quarter, I earned enough points to take the Composite crown.

During the quarter, I keenly awaited each leaderboard update to see where I was, and whether I could still consider myself in contention. Badonkidonk was doing them at the time, and it was taking him about 2 hours after every tournament to carefully transcribe the data from the Replay site into his spreadsheets. I looked at his spreadsheets, and saw that they must have been painful and tedious to update, no wonder it took him two hours.

I’d been using spreadsheets for years to track my personal finances, I also do a little computer programming, and I knew a few tricks. and I thought I could make B’s work a lot easier. So I wrote to him and offered to re-design the leaderboards for him, offering that it could be made much easier to update them. B didn’t know me yet, and wasn’t sure what I could do, so didn’t show much interest.

That didn’t surprise or deter me; it was a reasonable response from an unsolicited offer from a fresh, uknown player. And I expected anyone in B’s position to be cautious. I decided to create a proof-of-concept and show it to him, and told him if he wanted to use them, I would teach him how to do the updates and support them until he was comfortable taking ownership.

I just wanted to give him a simple tool that would make his life easier, save a few hours a week, and let me see the standings sooner after our tournaments ended. I wasn’t looking to own the spreadsheets in the long term, I certainly wasn’t looking to take over the league, and I thought I’d teach B everything about how they work, and hand them off to him, and that be the end of it.

Badonk learned to update the sheets, and did it for a while, but of course he didn’t understand them like I do. So while he was learning, I supported him: answering his questions, explaining things that he didn’t yet understand until he did, fixing errors and bugs. This lead to a lot of conversations about league matters, and I often used the data I was collecting in the leaderboards to support the opinions and advice I gave him.

In time, B came to regard me as his best advisor, and told me so. We see things in much the same way, but when we don’t initially, we are quickly able to appreciate the other’s viewpoint, and always end up making better decisions together than either of us would have made on our own. Of course, B was always the decision maker, but he always took the time to understand any concerns that I expressed, and we looked together for ways to address them until we both agreed that what we had come up with was the best solution we were capable of seeing.

Over the next year-plus, I continued to develop the leaderboard spreadsheets, adding features and improving them. And we continued to talk about league matters. At the same time as I was making the leaderboards better, I was making them ever more complicated, and hard for B to keep up with. Eventually he conceded that I should just continue to update and maintain them, and I agreed. Badonk also said that if he ever had to step down as the league host, I was his first choice to succeed him. I didn’t think it would actually happen, or if it did that it’d be a long time from now.

Last month, B asked me to join the rest of the advisory board for their weekly meetings and serve as the chair for the meetings. He’d mentioned having other advisors, but I’d not really worked closely with any of them previously. I’ve never chaired anything before, and I hadn’t attended one of the meetings before, but I agreed to give it a shot. It’s only been a few weeks, and I’ve been making it up as I go along, but so far it’s been going really well.

Around the same time, B told me of his plan to step down, and asked me if I still was willing, and if felt I was ready to step up to become the new league host. Having been through all this… I think I do feel ready.

When I came into this league, I hoped to make a name for myself, and prove myself against the best players on Replay, and leave a lasting mark. I never imagined that this was how it would go down.

So that’s two goals down: Earn advancement to Gold tier in my first quarter, and leave a lasting mark on the League.

My goal now is to work with the Advisory Board to continue to make decisions that help the league thrive and grow, to attract the best players on the site, and to make the Donks leagues the premier place on Replay to play NLHE.

I’m stepping into the role with a great team behind me and a lot of ideas, and I’m looking forward to the coming quarter, and beyond.

We’ll have a lot to talk about in the coming weeks, but for now I just want to say thanks for believing in me and for giving me a chance.

7 Likes