Badonk's Donks Stables Social Chat

@Grateful_ed (Ed) Congrats !!! as Donk of the Month, well deserved achievement !!

1 Like

You need to have rank of 3,000 or better to join us. You can let me know when you have achieved this.

ED you are a true champion and friend, an good card player always enjoy you at the table.

2 Likes

Sounds good I’ll let you know if I get there

Congrats Ed…very well deserved. It is always a pleasure to play at the same table.

2 Likes

I am in the top 3000 now

I’ve sent you a friend request.

crosby63 joins the 500 club

The 500 club consists of all Donks who have shown outstanding dedication to the league by playing in at least 500 league games.

It is my privilege to present to you @crosby63 as the latest member of the 500 club. crosby63 joined us in February 2019 in the Golden Donks tier. He earned a Golden crown by winning the 2021 Q3 Golden Donks Wednesday 9PM leaderboard. This also earned him the induction into our Hee Hawl of Fame. crosby63 is one of our most active members having played in 72 games in 2019, 80 games in 2020, 130 games in 2021, 150 games in 2022, and 69 games to date in 2023.

500_golden_1g

Many thanks to @flashlight for creating this avatar.

500 club
chuckcox
boyd2
FatnSassy
-BlackWidow-
Josianne
Shadowone
theweasle
ruderacing
Gotthejack
hrc54
ChicagoSerbs
zoethedog
Galak
Clueless1
nimwin14
crosby63

4 Likes

@crosby63 ( Ted ) Welcome to the 500 Club Congrats !!!

1 Like

Congrats Ted…awesome accomplishment. BTW, 109 Silvers and 14 played today at 7pm. Just terrible. I am looking forward to going back to Gold…it has to be better.

1 Like

You’re a gold player and platinum guy JD.

2 Likes

Congrats Cros - well earned - always happy to see you at my table -

1 Like

I’m joining a classy group of players.

1 Like

…and me. ;). Welcome Crosby.

1 Like

Fellow Donks, please send a warm welcome to @jasardo who has recently joined the Donks.

3 Likes

" BTW, 109 Silvers and 14 played today at 7pm. Just terrible. I am looking forward to going back to Gold…it has to be better."

Exactly the problem John, the most consistent players go to gold, thinning the herd at Silver, too many people going to gold…system is broken, why don’t we just keep doing the same thing? after all it is the perfect definition of insanity…

1 Like

Fellow Donks, please send a warm welcome to @viperS10 who has recently joined the Donks. Thank you to @donkbusta444 for recruiting.

1 Like

back and ready to play

1 Like

2023 Q2 Awards and Advancing Silvers

My fellow Donks both Gold and Silver. What is happening to this Once Great League is extremely troubling to say the least. Lets get this straight the initial qualifications to become a member have not changed since I joined many years ago. That is to have a Replay ranking of 3000 or less. Presently there are 107 members competing in the Silver level to earn a spot in the Golds.

What is wrong with this picture??

What is totally unacceptable is that in the present quarter there will be only 5 “Silvers” elevated to Gold. Well ALL 5 are former Golds !!!

To add insult to injury 12Beat22 Won a Silver Crown just Last quarter out of a Huge field of players. Everyone of these players had initial ranking of under 3000 therefore being qualified Donks members. That Commendable Accomplishment elevated 12Beat22 to Gold once again for the umpteenth time. Yet they are returned to play in the Silvers again the Very Next quarter again for the umpteenth time !!!

I’m not sure the exact number of former Golds that are in Silver at this time but since the Top 6 of 10 on this quarters leaderboard shows that there should be None Zero to give these new members of the Donks family the same chance to mature as players and advance as most all others have into the Golds. A fair suggestion would be if a Gold feels like they need to return to Silver they sit out for one quarter and then reenter as a Silver

So where is the New Blood being added to Gold? How in anyway what so ever is this fair to players whom should be competing against each other to advance? I would smize that many of them figured out the fact that they are playing against a Stacked Deck and Voted with their feet.

If it couldn’t get any worse I know for a fact that at least one Gold will be returning to Silver Next quarter. She is a member of the HOF, made a few final tables in Gold this quarter and cashed. Why on Earth would they need to be playing in the Silvers again? There are approx 90-100 new Silvers there is absolutely No Need for this Madness and it needs to Stop Now !!

So what needs to be done.

1. Remove any and All former Golds that remain in Silver and put them back in Gold. Do Not return any Golds to Silver and give All the New members of this league a fair shot at competing for a Gold membership.

2. Decrease the games played to 2 per week Wed 9pm and Sun 3pm (which would be 9pm European time)

3. If u are unable to do the right thing for the League and it’s membership as a whole please do the right thing and step aside and allow someone whom may be capable of proper unbiased Leadership.

(I have a copy of the chat from a HOF game that this player explains how they got to be able to return Silver Next quarter and play against the “fun kids”. This was given to me by a Silver Donk whom was very concerned and confused by what they witnessed. Everyone that I shared this with has been Appalled by the favoritism and total “out of touch with reality” shown. I will not at this time share this with the membership as a whole as I feel there is no need to add any more fuel to this fire.)

** If u do decide the latter and do the right thing for The Donks Leagues Future and do not want to continue doing the books which u have done a fine job at. I will personally guarantee to the Donks membership that they will continue to be done. Thank you on behalf of The league for the time and effort u have given to keep the League afloat.

Ironically this situation has many parallels to where the Captain of the Titanic Arrogantly refused to heed the warnings he was given and refused to change the ships course.

Personally this is a win-win situation for myself b/c if u finally fix a few of the things that r broken with the league. I will be able to enjoy watching and playing in the Donks League as it is returned to the Greatest League on Replay that Badonk envisioned and in many ways achieved. Sadly that is not what the membership is experiencing presently. If u do Nothing I will just board a lifeboat and watch as the once beautiful ship continues to sink deeper to the bottom and be able to say “I told u so”. Let me be clear I would get No Satisfaction from this. I would much rather be able to once again be able to say that I am a member of the Greatest League on Replay.

This open letter is submitted on behalf of Many Concerned Donk Members whom preferred to remain anonymous for obvious reasons.

p.s Would it not be a nice gesture to elevate 1-2 “New” Silvers to Gold that would have earned that Honor if they had had to play against a stacked deck.

Best of luck to all and see u at the tables … The Goat :goat::slightly_smiling_face:

@_Rain @PK827 @kevbo @Auggs

2 Likes