Badonk's Donks Stables Social Chat

How did they decide in the past on a Donk of the Year? I think that pre-dates my entry into the league.

I also think BW has done an incredible job, and would also be my nomination for 2022 Donk of the Year.

2 Likes

Donk of the year is like any other award here arbitrary and meaningless u should know that u make them up :joy:

But saying that why not :slight_smile:

1 Like

What bud I happen to tell things like it is and I would have no problem giving Donk of year to BW for what they did on the tables. There might be a more deserving player but it would be close they played very well during 2022

How do u have a problem with that :slight_smile:

BD choose the Donk of Year, he was the organizer and made that decision As you see on the forum, members agree BW is the perfect choice and deserves this honor
Thanks

2 Likes

The Donk of the Year 2021 was Team Donks for their outstanding play in the Team League.

It’s more then just play, BW has implemented a new Leaderboard app and maintain them. Ring of Flames and does a fantastic job running this league BW has spent alot effort and time doing this. There’s no other member close and deserves this honor

2 Likes

Yes I know that Team Donk won the award, I had pleasure on that team

1 Like

This is a Poker League not a Tea club and awards should be based on play not how many times a player says nice hand bla bla bla. I do not understand why there was a need to come at me on this I agree that BW is a top candidate for this award based on their play. Reviving “The old boys club” will not move this league forward

Best of luck at the tables

The Goat :slight_smile:

Your wrong like always, the award is more then just play like I say before I came at you because you were dead wrong on your posts and besides your attitude is broken and needs an adjustment
Have a good day

Ever think that giving an award like that in a competitive league based on anything else then play is wrong?

I have played in a pool league for years and the player of the month and years is not given to the player that keeps the books or buys the most rounds it is based on play Period, You might ask why it is so there is no ambiguity or hurt feelings by any players. This concept needs to be instituted here also. Really not a hard thing to understand

This has nothing to do with all your pools leagues or buying rounds, If you go back when BD started the DOM please read the posts everyone of them was just more then play alone Just for record, I never belong to any Boys Club

DONK OF THE MONTH
During the first week of each month, we will be recognizing a Donk of the Month.
For April 2020, we should all thank this member who has been a Donk since the inception of the league. This Senior Donk is a Hee Hall of Fame inductee and displays 2 diamond-studded championship crowns on his profile pic. He likes to operate “under the radar” and modestly does not like being recognized for his contributions, which I view as more than significant. He would rather just continue to quietly do his thing without any recognition, so I am taking a real risk by recognizing him here. However, his contributions to the Donks, makes him worthy of being named our first Donk of the Month, because without him our Donks League would be unrecognizable. There would probably be only one tier and that tier would be much smaller. Many of us would not even be members at all, because this Donk is responsible for recruiting more than half of us since the time that we started keeping records. Of course, that member is chuckcox.
So lets all show Chuck some love at the tables tonight, but especially all those who have been recruited by him, because without Chuck, this league would not be what it is today.
Thank you, Chuck.

Chuck was our very first DOM April 2019 EVer since then it was always more then play alone

1 Like

And ur point is? Badonk told me in PM that he set this up to “reward” players that felt at the time helped build the league, Now many might interoperate that as “The old boys club” And if we go back in time of the Donks we had “The Love Fest Club”. Both of these resulted in many players leaving. I am simply saying that that time is gone as it should be and to perpetuate it does not move the league forward in any meaningful way

We have alot more members then ever before. Year and half ago our league was in disarray. We lost our league organizer and then BW stepped in and worked very hard to fix the league, Alot of members came back to the league because BW did hell of job running our league…

You must have used google translate, those are BIG WORDS for a SIMPLETON such as yourself.

Just because someone calls it as they see it does not mean they need an attitude adjustment, maybe you need to get off your high horse and adjust yours, take a pill and “chill” Dr. Phil.

I understand that and they did take the reigns and keep the league afloat. Having a participation rate around 30% for the Silver feeder program would call into question “Fixed” but that would be for a different discussion.

There are 174 members in the Donks League I would not say that 5 of us means the Donks have spoken

I want to nominate Kevin Mcarthy for Donk of the year, it took the guy 15 tries to become house speaker, you have to go back to the late 1800’s for that feat to be toppled! Kevin should be Donk of the year DAMMIT!!!

First of all, I appreciate the initiative by @ChicagoSerbs to award me with a Donk of the Year award and thanks to everyone who supports it.

No Donk of the Year awards
The Donk of the Year (DotY) award was only given out once. It was awarded at the start of 2021 to Team Donks for their accomplishments in 2020.

There is inherently a considerable amount of subjectivity involved in choosing a DotY (and also in choosing a DotM for that matter). This can lead to controversy, which can lead to hurt egos, which can lead to drama, which can hurt the league. This is not as big of an issue for the DotM as it is awarded relatively frequently.

With the above in mind, I decided against continuing awarding a DotY at the end of 2021. I believe this award is just too rare to be based on relatively subjective criteria.

Scope of the DotM
Without volunteers who help running this league, none of us would be able enjoy playing with the Donks as we do now. It is easy to forget that or take it for granted, and it is important to recognize members who have had a strong positive impact on the league. The DotM was designed to do that.

We already have several awards which are purely based on results in our league games - and that’s good. But there is no need to make the DotM/DotY another one of those.

To conclude, let me say that over the last one and a half years, I have received a good number of messages from members appreciating the work that I do for the Donks. These tokens of appreciation via PMs, table chat messages, or posts on the forum mean much more to me than another award.

4 Likes

I’m not one to shy away from anyone disagreeing with me, so I do have thoughts on the above conversations. Chris has some valid points, but to be honest, many times opinions go in one ear and out the other. I strongly believe we should go to a third tier and 2 very good possibilities have been said here that should be taken strongly in to account. I want more incentive to play more often…after all isn’t Donks based on…play, play often and ADVANCE. Adding 30 members who won’t play for whatever reason is just not smart. Take what you have right now and improve on it. As far as DOTY is concerned, it is @BlackWidow decision and to be honest, like it or not it his BW’s decision. But, based on play, and yeah, I looked at last year’s overall numbers, BW deserves it for not only their play but the massive contributions BW has done for the league. As far as DOTM is concerned, I gave awarded it for 4 months and I awarded it based on what that individual did for THAT month. Yes, it is given now for what you’ve done in the league since you’ve been here. And those who have received the award ARE worthy of it, but isn’t it Donk of the MONTH? Yeah it is. And I got it, but NOT based on what I did for that month. Were eyebrows raised when I awarded the DOTM to @weasle? Oh yeah, but Jerry won 4 times that month. That’s worthy of DOTM. We have problems in this league, too many games, quality of play, lack of participation and the desire to get better. I came back to Donks for the people I play with, it should have been for the “elite” play…sadly it doesn’t happen very often. DOTY…it’s yours BW…no question.

1 Like