Badonk's Donks Stables Social Chat

Josianne… Wow what a great achievement ! I am happy 4 u my friend You are a great friend ,great player , and a great 5 star chef! U rule!!!

3 Likes

Congratulations Josi

Always a tough game with you

2 Likes

Fellow Donks, please send a warm welcome to @SarahFra who has rejoined the Donks and is eligible to play her first games in the Silver Donks tier today.

4 Likes

Welcome Sarah, glad you are here and good luck to you!

2 Likes

Glad to hear - have fun and enjoy.

Go ahead, I’m agnostic.

Well, before Chris and Joe “discuss” things…once again the Silvers showed up to play at 3pm today. Awesome win by @NorthEndPhil, whom I played with most of the tourney. Great playing my friend. Buuuuttt the really great news is 56, that’s right, 56 showed up to play. I’ve always been a believer in participation and thus far I’m impressed with the Silver attendance. Now those who know me, I’ll say it can always be better. But hat’s off to those who played and let’s keep it up…dare I say a tourney with 60??? Make it happen all.

5 Likes

Thank you John, as you say great to see so many taking part and as ever a very tough school of poker.

3 Likes

First congrats to northendphil .

For my part I had the freezing issue again .AT the start and generally through the tournament but this time it was worse.
After the first break I had just under 11000 chips . When the game restarted I was frozen out and got let back in later with half that without playing a hand
And I wasnt the only one this happened to and that was just on my table,
and yes I tried rejoining etc
Someone really needs to sort this .
Getting through an hour of play in a half sensible position and then losing half the chips without playing doesnt increase my enthusiam for the domks tournaments.
Of course I am not suggesting I would have made the final table or even done well just that it needs to be sorted.

1 Like

NorthEndPhil won both games yesterday cause NorthEhdPhil plays poker…Like A Boss!

2 Likes

Ty Bodie - seem to remember a bit of luck as well

2 Likes

You need a bit of luck to win any tourney - but to win both games ---- very well played.

2 Likes

I really like your enthusiasm for league participation John and as a result I will recommend one way we can increase participation. The recruitment effort by some members has been outstanding and I tip my hat to those responsible for the increase in membership, obviously this is the most important step in the process. BUT…too many players play just one or two games and are not seen again. many live tourneys have a ONE rebuy option which ends after the first break. Who doesn’t want another crack at it when their all in with A/A loses to a set of deuces on the flop or river? and that pesky river is the death of way too many good hands. Management can also do its part by sending a survey to its members asking for ways to increase participation, also a monthly newsletter letting people know what is in the works would boost some interest. Anyways, I do share your enthusiasm and I hope we can reach that 60 soon!

3 Likes

I agree, Bori. But as always it’s difficult. I remember when i asked BW during a tourney about the results of the recent survey she said that most members not want to play more than 2.5h wich make our tourneys like (Hyper)Turbo tourneys with coolers abundant. I personally would like different formats: 9 handed, 6 handed, 4 handed, Turbo or Big stack, PLO (hi lo) … you name it. 48 games per quarter leaves a lot of room.
Just my 2 € cent
G

You can tell how infrequently I open my Mail Rick. Kind words coming from you Rick are highly valued. Thanks bud.

1 Like

Thanks Yud the sentiment is mutual. Good luck out there.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words Michael.

1 Like

Thank you Silver and Snitty.

1 Like

Congrats Ted!

1 Like

CONGRATULATIONS to both Crosby and Josieanne.

bothe well deserved and it is a pleasture to play against you in our weekly tournies, Lookins forward to seeing you tonight at the tables.

Best Wishes to you both and thanks for the fun.

S

3 Likes