Badonk's Donks Stables Social Chat

NEW NOMINEES
Accepting our invitation to join the Grey Foals League are:
rjohson555 (currently ranked 1519)
fwreebee (currently ranked 1516)
Mario1959 (currently ranked 1542)
As usual, if an existing member knows of any reason why these nominees should not be inducted into our leagues, please message me or post here in our Stables. Otherwise, they will be inducted on 7/16 and be eligible to play in their first tournament at 9pm ET on Wednesday 7/17/19.
If any other RP player is interested in learning more about our league, post here or send a friend request.
Our thanks goes out to chuckcox and NolaBruce for recruiting these nominees.

WEDNESDAY LEAGUE ACTION FOR JULY 14, 2019
(WEEK 2 OF 13 FOR THE 3rd QUARTER)

Click on the blue wording below to access the entire Sunday leaderboard for that league.

AND BELOW ARE THE RESULTS OF OUR 100th LEAGUE TOURNAMENT!!!

COMPOSITE LEADERBOARDS AFTER WEEK 2 OF 13 FOR THE 3rd QUARTER

The other day, seven or eight Donk league players (at a table of 9) were in a game and someone commented that “there are so many of the Donk league here that we should just call this the ‘Donk’ table”. A couple of other comments were made and it got me to thinking that it might be nice if we had a way to easily identify other Donk players at a glance and that players outside our league could easily ID us as well. I think this would be a neat way to “BRAND” our involvement, and might help to develop interest in our league, which would help to grow the league as well. I would like to get some feedback from others. Could you let me know what you think? Thanks. ALCHAP65

2 Likes

REPLY TO ALCHAP65
I personally like the idea, but a few questions come to mind:

1. Donks and Foals would brand themselves on a voluntary basis, right?
  2. Should the brand appear with our moniker on the virtual RP table screen?
  3. Should we use the profile photo for our branding, because I don’t think we could add it to our user name due to the limitations of RP?

What do our other members think?

1 Like

NEW NOMINEE
Accepting our invitation to join the Grey Foals League is:
RocketChips (currently ranked at 1391)
As usual, if an existing member knows of any reason why this nominee should not be inducted into our leagues, please message me or post here in our Stables. Otherwise, they will be inducted on 7/20/19 and be eligible to play in their first tournament at 7pm ET on Sunday 7/21/19.
If any other RP player is interested in learning more about our league, post here or send a friend request.
Our thanks goes out to ChicagoSerbs for recruiting this nominee

I think when RP finishes the change to HTML5 that this could be done rather EZ, Maybe as a simple “D” on out profile pic, but until it’s up & running smoothly the only answer I see is us saying something in chat, or a universal pic that we could all use on our profile as a pic, I could do a snap shot of a tiny pic & add it to my own pic in a certain corner as deemed by Badonk if he approves, then tell everyone how to do it to their own pics… Great idea ALchap65

1 Like

A profile photo/background would work - one for Donks and 1 for Foals maybe.
Or maybe, we could place the word Donk or Foal over our own Picture.flash2

You could Replace “flash” with “Foal” for example

Note, I also play in a Team League and the _gt after my name represents my team. This wouldn’t work with Badonk’s leagues as currently you can only change your name once and then you are stuck with it, so you have to be very sure before you change it. If a player left the League they couldn’t remove the League moniker after leaving.

PS. i did this before reading Jucee’s post, but pretty much the same idea I think.

PPS, sorry Foals, I can’t make tonight’s game.

I add “Donks” to my notes.

WEDNESDAY LEAGUE ACTION FOR JULY 17, 2019
(WEEK 3 OF 13 FOR THE 3rd QUARTER)

Click on the blue wording below to access the entire Wednesday leaderboard for that league.

RE: BRANDING
I like the idea of superimposing the word Donk or Foal over the picture. I think that the color should be translucent and should be the players’ choice, as each background picture will have its own unique color.
Also, we could implement this as a beginning branding idea and expand it in the future, as we deem necessary.
One final thought---- if we implement this branding idea, we must be ever conscious of the fact that we are now representing more than just ourselves ---- we are putting on an extra cloak of the Donk League. Therefore, we need to wear this cloak with pride and honor and act accordingly.
By the way, this whole idea of branding was not my doing alone – I simply heard some comments and combined the comments with my thoughts.
ALCHAP65
AL CHAPLIN
(715)-938-1976

867-5309 ask for Jenny

NEW NOMINEES
StyxRiver (currently ranked at 1509)
hutner (currently ranked 845)
As usual, if an existing member knows of any reason why these nominees should not be inducted into our leagues, please message me or post here in our Stables. Otherwise, they will be inducted on 7/23/19 and be eligible to play in their first tournament at 9pm ET on Sunday 7/24/19.
Our thanks goes out to our Chief Recruiter, ChuckCox for recruiting these nominees.

NEW NOMINEES
See superseding post below.

Totally love the idea!

Of branding

Not sure how it would work. I like the idea of the tournaments being, usually, no more than 30 players - so am not sure how much bigger I would want the league to be. I hate starting with so many players you know it’s going to be a 3-4 hour slog. Too, you want to be able to get to know each other. So, on further thought, it seems to me we are few enough that most of know who we are are already. I do think each League should be limited to a certain number of players to make sure we stay small. But, as inactive players are dropped more room can be made for new ones.

SUNDAY LEAGUE ACTION FOR JULY 21, 2019
(WEEK 3 OF 13 FOR THE 3rd QUARTER)

Click on the blue wording below to access the entire Sunday leaderboard for that league.

1 Like

NEW NOMINEES
StyxRiver (currently ranked 1506)
hutner (currently ranked 845)
ruderacing (currently ranked 1743)
As usual, if an existing member knows of any reason why these nominees should not be inducted into our leagues, please message me or post here in our Stables. Otherwise, they will be inducted on 7/23/19 and be eligible to play in their first tournament at 9pm ET on Wednesday 7/24/19.
Our thanks goes out to our Chief Recruiter ChuckCox for recruiting these nominees.

Just some ideas, tons more, if you have something in mind