Badonk's Donks Stables Social Chat

Reply to both elanoftroy and edjer54
Thank you for the post.

Reply to XPusher32
We hope that our private message answered all your questions. There is nothing more you need to do, but register to play in your first tournament on Sunday and you will be able to do that on Friday after you are inducted.

Many thanks to Badonk and all the great Donks…I’m so happy to see our league growing strong! I am a believer that the Donks are becoming the best MTT players on this site. I originally came to RP to get more hand experience in an effort to improve play at my local live MTT. At first I was not convinced RP was providing this with all the loose action and questions about random card dealing and such. I hung around long enough to find places on RP that serves my original purpose, with my Donk membership becoming the best place to do this! For a student of the game, the quality of play of us Donks has really improved my MTT play…thank you all! I have been crushing in 100k/250k/1m MTTS…With such great format, nice players, and creative leadership, a serious player will thrive here in our weekly tourneys…Good luck to all! (you’ll need it fer sher) Be well always. Your friend Goldie ;}

3 Likes

WEDNESDAY LEAGUE ACTION FOR JULY 3, 2019
(WEEK 1 OF 13 FOR THE 3rd QUARTER)

Click on the blue wording below to access the entire leaderboard for each league

BTW we are all extremely proud of our Foals who advanced at the end of the 2nd quarter. In their first MTT in the Golden Donks League, they finished at a composite average of 11th place which is better than the 12th place median. FatnSassy even made it to the Final Table… OUTSTANDING PLAY!!!

2 Likes

NEW NOMINEES
Accepting our invitation to join the Grey Foals League are the following:
puggywug (currently ranked 1960)
Barterminea (currently ranked 291)
As usual, if an existing member knows of any reason why these nominees should not be inducted into our leagues, please message me or post here in our Stables. Otherwise, they will be inducted on 7/8 and be eligible to play in their first tournament at 9pm ET on Wednesday 7/10/19.
If any other RP player is interested in learning more about our league, post here or send a friend request.
Thanks to chuckcox for his tireless work nominating both of these qualified players to help ensure that our Grey Foals League continues to grow.

1 Like

365 DAYS LATER
On July 7, 2018, a message was sent out to a handful of respected Replay Poker players, including chuckcox, hessman, Oltop and Reesepiece plus others and Badonk’s Donks was born. Although at that time we were still nameless, the first tournament was started at exactly 6:59pm ET on Sunday July 8. Invitees all stood by and signed onto a single SnG table simultaneously, because we had no league. From those humble beginnings our league has grown to what it is today, having 89 (soon to be 91) respected and respectful members, playing twice weekly in two different tiered leagues with 4 (soon to be 6) different leaderboards.
Regardless of whether you’ve been around since the beginning or maybe today is your first tournament. Whether you participate consistently in each tournament every week or maybe you just play occasionally. Whether you’ve been heavily involved with recruiting new members or maybe you’ve only mentioned it to one person. Whether you’re in the western hemisphere and playing at a reasonable hour or maybe you’re halfway around the world and playing in the early morning hours. No matter your level of involvement, the league wants to take this opportunity to express appreciation for the countless hours of enjoyment that you’ve given me and others, because it couldn’t have happened without every single one of you.
Thank you,
Badonkidonk

1 Like

Well said, Badonkidonk

1 Like

Fond memories of the first one I played in. Before registering I requested and easy table. When the tourney started I was seated at a table all by myself. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Reply to Seville
:rofl:
And from that moment, you knew there were no easy tables here.

1 Like

SUNDAY LEAGUE ACTION FOR JULY 7, 2019
(WEEK 1 OF 13 FOR THE 3rd QUARTER)

Click on the blue wording below to access the entire leaderboard for that league.

WEDNESDAY LEAGUE ACTION FOR JULY 10, 2019
(WEEK 2 OF 13 FOR THE 3rd QUARTER)

Click on the blue wording below to access the entire leaderboard for that league.

A NEW LEADERBOARD FOR THE FOAL’S NEW WAY TO ADVANCE
As posted on this Forum on July 1, there will be 8 league members (instead of only 6) advancing from the Grey Foals League to the Golden Donks League at the end of the 3rd quarter. This will be done as follows:

1. Like last quarter, the 3 who finish at the top of the Sunday leaderboard.
  2. Like last quarter, the 3 who finish at the top of the Wednesday leaderboard.
  3. Also, the 2 who play the best on both Sunday AND Wednesday nights combined.

So who is actually playing the best on both Sunday and Wednesday nights combined? To answer that question, we will be posting this link to our new Composite Grey Foals League Leaderboard:

And since we’ll be tracking who is the best playing Foal for both nights, why not find out who is the best playing Donk for both nights? So here is a link to our new Composite Golden Donks League Leaderboard:

1 Like

Wow I love the Sugar cube idea, You are a genius to come up with such great metaphors. Tip my hat to you good sir… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

REPLY TO JUICEELOOT
Thank you Juicee, but the best ideas come from our members.

1 Like

Question: It’s possible (and even likely) that the combined leaderboard will have the top 3 players from Wed and Sun appear in the Top Two Combined. What then? If the Top 3 and Top 3 and Top 2 are fewer than 8 distinct individuals, do you fill it out to make 8?

donk is extremely arrogant.reminds me of ben askren, gonna take a flying knee to the face.

1 Like

REPLY TO BOATDRINKS
LOL

REPLY TO PUGGYWUG
Thank you for your question. Great observation and you are correct. First of all, there will definitely be 8 Foals to advance to the Golden Donks League. If we don’t have 8 different Foals after taking the Top 3 from two weekly leaderboards and the Top 2 from the composite leaderboard, the league will advance Foals in the following order until 8 Foals have advanced:

1. The Foal who finished in 3rd place on the composite leaderboard.
  2. The Foal with the most carrots or sugar cubes (after halving) when considering only the Foals who finished in 4th place on each of the three leaderboards.
  3. The Foal with the second most carrots or sugar cubes (after halving) when considering only the two remaining Foals who finished in 4th place on the three leaderboards.
  4. The final Foal who finished in 4th place on the three leaderboards.
  5. Repeat #2 then #3 then #4 above when considering only the Foals who finished in 5th place on each of the three leaderboards.

Thank you again, puggywug, for posting your keen observation.

1 Like

THANKS TO OUR RECRUITERS
We now have 39 Donks and 46 Foals, thanks to all those who stepped up their recruiting efforts at the end of the 2nd quarter. If you are not aware, the league has started a new Forum page called “The Only Way To Play With The Donks” here:
https://forums.replaypoker.com/t/the-only-way-to-play-with-the-donks
Feel free to post a brief positive comment there about your experience playing in our leagues. Then it will be easier to recruit new members. Just ask them to go there and read the comments from our members.
Thanks again for helping us grow our leagues.