Badonk's Donks Stables Social Chat

I wanna join the “Bronze” league, how do I sign up? lol!

Both chuck all i can find is the annonced winners of games during the week

How does one earn the donk awards? Some of them I think I get but some of them I’m not sure

Ring of Flames - ???
Golden Crown - Being the best golden donk in the quarter
Silver Crown - Being the best silver donk in the quarter
Bronze Crown - ???
Tournament of Champions Bracelet - Winning the tournament of champions
All-Donks-In Bracelet - Donk who goes all in the most (?)

Does winning any of these gain a player permanent membership into the hee-hawl of fame?

In order to receive membership into the HOF you must win a Silver or Gold crown in the Donk’s quarterly tournaments. There are no Bronze crowns. Ring of Flames I am not familiar with. TOC and ADI are separate tournaments not related to entry to HOF. BW has explained these qualifications likely somewhere in this Forum.

1 Like

Please check out my start of quarter post here:

I believe most of your questions are answered there. We used to have a Bronze Donks tier for a short period, that’s where the Bronze crowns are coming from.

1 Like

Congrats to KirbyMuckIt as Donk of the Month, well deserved.

1 Like

Welcome Pirolisis and NYCgal to the Donks league, gl and have fun.

1 Like

Well deserved @KirbyMuckIt, was always a pleasure playing against you. And even when you gain induction to the HOF, it’s not for life, as I found out.

1 Like

Well, herpes is…

Kinda the response I expected now…

1 Like

Just kidding, I have a very dry sense of humor!

A lot of great people and poker players have been a part of this league, some have come and gone, but what remains is the quality of play. That is why I am here. To challenge myself and also to provide competition for you all. I graciously accept this honor, even if it might be a “lifetime achievement” award. :wink:

I love to play live games. My wife and I play many(every other weekend) home games in a league that is not dissimilar to our league. Good people, good players, good company. Friday nights. A great way to end the work week. $40 per player +1 rebuy max and then $10 for the league(optional). Up to 4 full tables. Luckily, my wife doesn’t drink…so we have a great system :smiley:

Anyways, my play and my results do not differ a whole lot between the 2 leagues because the level of play is comparable, in my opinion. Yeah, it’s online blah blah blah…So I’m not saying you guys are practice…I truly treasure victories in this League. And I watch the leaderboards. And I want more crowns.

My game is not especially great right now, though I did win one in April. I hold high expectations for myself, Final Tables are the minimum expectation for myself every time I play, so naturally I cringed when Badonkidonk (The Great One) told me I was only successful 27% of the time in the post above. Ouch! Just kidding and only 7 wins! That’s not enough!

I will strive for greatness, that is all I can promise going forward. I will continue to miss games. I will show up at unexpected games. If you want arguing, ass-kissing, drama, political opinions, funny jokes…forget it!

Black Widow, I support everything you do(a great job). Who knew that the best Player could also be the best Organizer?

-Kirby

7 Likes

Well deserved award KM, its alway a pleasure for me when I get to play at the same table with you. Josée

1 Like

Happy Mothers Day for all the Moms. Thankyou all for the gift of yourself.

2 Likes

Well said.

1 Like

Question - Last years RTC - was a 4th player allowed to register on a team during that process- as a sub - in case a team mate had to miss tourney game ?

No sub in RTC, but they’ll drop the one low score from each player

1 Like

They actually drop the 3 lowest scores of the team

Best of luck in the RTC and may the best :goat: win :slight_smile:

Kirby @KirbyMuckIt, you’re a classy player without being a chit chatter, which I greatly appreciate despite the fact I may be considered as the king of chit chatters. Even though I don’t know you that well, I really admire the way you took this DOTM recognition. You didn’t just go “wam-bam I’m the best”, but you decided to elaborate it, in order to properly understand it. You’re so discreet that you even contemplated considering it as some kind of “lifetime achievement”. Which is not true, you’ve been playing better than your usual high standards, recently.
I like your approach, I like the way you play, I like having you at my table - for whatever it counts.
Well done, a highly deserved recognition.
Ale

3 Likes

Fellow Donks, please send a warm welcome to @spider2 who has joined the Donks and is eligible to play his first games in the Silver Donks tier today. Thank you to @chuckcox for recruiting.

1 Like