Badonk's Donks Stables Social Chat

What a great group of new players. We keep recruiting the best people on the site! I love it.

Good luck to each of you, and have fun!

3 Likes

Would someone kindly tell me what “provisional” means in terms of attendance records, composite leaderboards, and crowns? In short, will the new Sunday 3 EST tournament count in the way the other tournaments do? Please forgive me if I missed this discussion.

Thanks to everyone who makes this a great place to play. Happy New Year to each of you.

1 Like

In short, it’s an experiment, a trial run for an additional tournament series for the leagues. We’re trying out a new tournament series at the time our survey indicated had the best chance of being successful.

We’re calling it a provisional series while we see how this experiment actually pans out. If the tournament is well attended by the league, and we feel that the series is competitive, we’ll consider it established, and treat it as an equal tournament to the others.

This means that for the first quarter (at least) these games will not count toward the composite board point totals, there will not be a crown awarded, and there will be no advancement from Silver to Gold tier through the 3pm Sunday game. But if the tournament is large enough to support the robust competition that we’ve seen at the other weekly times, then we will sanction it for crowns and advancement. They don’t count the same as the established games yet, but if the league supports the Sun 3pm game as they have the others, then they will moving forward .

The point of playing in this series this quarter is to show that the league really wants to play at this time. If the games end up poorly attended, or if they draw away support from the other established games, such that we find it is detrimental to the league overall, then we’ll evaluate what to do about that, and make modifications to the tournament schedule or structure that seem to best fit the situation.

This was how we instituted our first 3pm tournament, on Wednesday, and it ended up going well and we sanctioned it for the following quarter after the initial trial showed that there was a sufficient, sustained level of competition in the games.

2 Likes

Thanks, Pug, for this, and everything you do for us. Hope to see you howl soon!

I guess what I am really asking is will Jack @boyd2 miss this one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I suppose it was easy for our Donks to miss the announcement of our 7 new improvements for the 1st quarter where the “provisional” term was explained. This post is to help ensure that more Donks are aware of the new Donks Forum that has been set up for puggywug and I to make special announcements and updates to the leaderboard.

Here is a link to the 7 improvements announcement where our Donks can also see how to access the new Donks Forum:

1 Like

I had missed this. Thanks for reposting it. I apologize for requiring you to make a repeat performance.

Good changes, one and all.

1 Like

come on allen…try to keep up. JEEZ!

:grin:

1 Like

For all you new silver and golden donks, if you would like to get the donk avatar for your profile picture you can get it here:

https://forums.replaypoker.com/t/donk-avatars/18771

Ok, this seems to be a perfect time for another recognition/tribute. This one will surprise some because you all know this member. This member is @Saratogatom{Tom}. Why him? I’ll tell you, you know him for many things but I have had the pleasure to get to know him a little better. We have a great deal of new members this quarter and members who are playing in their 2nd quarter. Well if you want to “model” yourself after someone, Tom is the PERFECT one. He cares about this league far more than people know. He is always coming up with suggestions and ideas to improve and/or help us get better. He’s fiercely competitive but never shows it. He is THE most social member we have and reaches out to many, many new and old members. I’ve said this a number of times before, he epitomizes what being a Donk should be. We should all take a piece of Tom and use it, this league would be so much better for it. I’m proud to call you a great friend Tom…never, ever change, cuz this Tom is pretty damn great!!!

3 Likes

Tourney after tourney, YOU ALL DO. A thousand chips here, fifteen hundred chips there…you’ve all taken a piece week after week after week. Yet I still come back for more. What the hell is wrong with me???

Thank you for the kind words John.
But don’t anyone model yourself after me, please.
don’t believe me? ask my wife!!!

I try to be whacky/funny/friendly/positive here because, well, we’re all here by choice so why not have some fun right? But I know I’m also capable of being a moody, cranky pain in the butt. For some bizarre reason, you guys usually get the nicer me.

Guess you all bring out the best in me.

Thanks again - -good luck in quarter #1

1 Like

John, I couldn’t agree more, if Tom is at my table I know I am in for some humor, his quips are always so funny, however my issue with him is he owns me, he will say he doesn’t, I try not to engage the same hand as him, like you said he is an excellent player, has the wit, and the passion, he likes to have fun and encourages others which is very important, so if Tom is at your table you are blessed, take it in. Tom also thanks for your songs, they bring great cheer. One more thing, what you see from Tom is a small sample size of who he really is, he is a much caring person and I am blessed to call him friend. Thanks Tom, don’t change and quit taking my chips.

1 Like

Oh and by the way, is it just me or has anybody else noticed the similarities between Tom and the Donkey on Shrek, ,both are donks and both will keep you laughing. Would like to hear from, John, Husky, Sergente, and Ahured, they know him best.

2 Likes

‘WHO DOESNT LOVE A PARFAIT?’

BTW - owning Rick is a ploy. Don’t you guys buy it. But if you do, well, I WILL sell you my secrets for a thousand bucks a pop.

1 Like

Welcome @affautos, @mscullins2, @zoethedog, @jaguarpriest and @RavenL to the Donk family. Very good luck :wink:

4 Likes

Ok guys, I’ve been “practically” absent from these pages since Wednesday night … because who knows me well (my friends 12beat22, Saratogatom and husky111 above all) realized that this advancement thing wasn’t an objective any more, it had become a MISSION. So after having accomplished it, I took a couple of days off, to restore physical and mental energy, ready for the new quarter, in which I will return to my relaxed, learning, self. Can’t wait to see the SuperDonks in action, I feel privileged to play with them and am here to learn through beatings.

But I’ll always be a Silver at heart, so before the new quarter takes off I’d like to give my point of view on the new Silver tier. It’s a great mix of experience and new energy, but for me the experience and dedication of players such as Grateful_ed, cansmoker, rosie2_SM, razylee, Grizy, TatorSalad, PRIMETIME708, GSOPhil, bbrownie and cubber2 start with an advantage.

During the quarter the Silver tier was enriched by a number of outstanding players, to the point that I’m pretty much sure that if they’d arrived before I would have really struggled to advance … I’m talking about BeeSlick, rustyblade, RandolphR, stoveman, pokerread, -PMD-, Justgreat777, Marcel49, robin_why if he decides to play …

And some very new additions which I’ve frequently played with in SnG and MTT tables, such as @jaguarpriest, @mscullins2, @zoethedog.

Ok if you’re interested, here are my 3 favorites for the new quarter: in no particular order, @Grateful_ed, @pokerread, @robin_why (again, if he decides he wants to play).

To the other newly promoted Silvers - do you want to write down yours?

I’ll be watching you Silvers!

Good luck all!

Ale

3 Likes

Thanks Ale, way to put the pressure on. :wink:
Congrats again on your advancement. I can attest that it is no easy feat to advance against the quality players that come into the league all through the quarter.
I wish you well in the Golden Donks. I’m sure you’ll do well.
-ed

2 Likes

Thanks Ed, with fewer advancements the Composite is the key … and that needs the patience to build a winning Best 9 … good luck my friend!

1 Like

He certainly is helpful and friendly with me!.. ive just started and already feel Friendship and encouragement from Saratogatom!

2 Likes

Thank You Ladycon !

2 Likes

Thank You Rosie !

1 Like