At what age did you tell your children, there is no real (single) Santa Clause for everyone?

At what age did you tell your children, there is no real (single) Santa Clause for everyone?

My wife and I were reluctant to inform our children that Santa Clause was not a real (single) person, who made and delivered all children their gifts. But we knew we should do so in a positive way no later than age 7. Maybe it was wrong, but we told them, the idea of a Santa Clause is to provide joy & hope to all children. Then we told them we were their Santa Clause, as all parents are their children’s as well.

We also taught them even at their young age, they can be a Santa to those in need of a Christmas present by buying a toy with their allowance savings.

Therefor the idea of Santa Clause is real but not just one person for all.

Please share your experiences and thoughts:)

What do you mean there’s no Santa, you’ve destroyed my Christmas, I’m going to bed now devastated :broken_heart:

2 Likes

Just suggesting , we are all Santa’s my friend, lol :smile:

1 Like

I’d venture a guess that many kids find this out through their friends, peers or siblings, or perhaps just kinda figure it out on their own.

1 Like

What are you saying???

I am Santa Clause and I also rap, usually around Christmas time.

1 Like

Thanks’ Rain, that was a great reply and enjoyed the show LOL :+1:

We all can be some child’s secret Santa, by giving a gift to the children that may may not have a Christmas gift and the joy :smile:

1 Like

My kids found out on their own. I did not have the heart to tell them, especially since there was an age difference and if I told one of them, they surely would have told their siblings and I did not want to ruin any of their Christmas enjoyment.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, that is how the discussion arose. Our daughter was told by a friend there was no Santa and asked us, it it was true. Her & our son were close aged and as we had already been prepared for that day to come told them the above in a positive way.

Great question for this time of year. I made the most bone-head move … my 9 year old child was with me as I was running errands around Christmas. I was throwing a lot of stuff into my trunk. He asked a basketball he noticed in the trunk and I said something really stupid, like “That’s for your cousin”. But when it shows up in his Christmas pile, he looks at me and the moment is cemented as the worst day ever. … no Santa Clause. uggghhh

Hi @jrseanev Thanks for your story. Reminds me when I was 7 or 8 yrs old. Our Beloved, Mamma drove my big brother & I to the big department stores, Kmart & Millers in her 1954 Chevy. We were so excited to go, got there and were told to wait in car. We did as told, but I suggested we lift up the cover on top of the back seat and see what she put in the trunk from the previous stop. And wow saw brothers present and what I asked for , a Football uniform with shoulder pads and all. I mentioned to Mom again hope I get that and Bro ratted on me:( she said, she took all the presents back and we had a few small gifts that year. But next year we received them all from her , our Santa was our Beloved Momma:)

My older brothers told me-i still believe there is a Santa though:).

2 Likes

I think kids today don’t buy the whole santa fantasy as much as they did when i was a kid (76).
Too much info everywhere now out there. I think around first grade its all over lol.

My daughter never mentioned Santa to my grandchildren …they have never been believers but they did go for the toothfairy bit for a short time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree the times have changed. Hope they believe to some degree at a very young age as it gives them hope and excitement for the season. I also believe they should know the real reason for the season:)

1 Like